Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Since the subject of energy costs was tossed around today, I just looked up my account online.
OUCH!!!!!! $308 is gonna be my current bill. Highest so far. Wonder how much more it would be if I had the shop running.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Ah no. Let's just say that last year when we moved into a house built in 1938 that had more square footage, I expected a higher electric bill. And was still shocked.

It has a separate HVAC unit for the upstairs and downstairs, and a third smaller one for the two rooms that were added on several years back. Two of those are heat pumps, with electric auxiliary. Two had Nest thermostats and I switched the third to a Nest in the middle of last winter (that did seem to help). Water heater is electric, stove and oven are electric. The only natural gas is the furnace for the downstairs.

On the plus side, our gas bill is really low ($0.00 in the summer).
Whatever is causing you to get shocked may be contributing to that electric bill....

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Would I be out of line if I said GFY to the $168 electric bill payors? :giggle: I just paid $470 (much AC was used) and I live alone. :swear:
My electric bill averages less than $100 per month, and everything in the house is electric. Will this statement earn me my first GFY here?

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
My electric bill averages less than $100 per month, and everything in the house is electric. Will this statement earn me my first GFY here?
GFY!

There ya go. Free one on me.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
No, sorry, I already issued one electrical GFY today.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Electrocution

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We've talked about that. I wonder how well they'd work when the back of the house faces west and there are tons of trees in the back yard.
๐Ÿค”
You do have to be careful. Shade and angle will just KILL your efficiency.
Our house faces north/south, with hip-roofs on the sides. So 2/3 of the system is on the south sloping roof, with the sides getting good sun only in morning/evening.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
i can see doing solar, but it all depends on the cost, maintenance, etc. also it depends on the solar companies. right now, in my area theres way too many turn overs, and out of business companies.

for those of you that have solar, does you power company pay you for un used power that you gain from the solar panels.
Yes... at the end of the year if there's a net negative balance they send out a check.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
i can see doing solar, but it all depends on the cost, maintenance, etc. also it depends on the solar companies. right now, in my area theres way too many turn overs, and out of business companies.

for those of you that have solar, does you power company pay you for un used power that you gain from the solar panels.
We bank our extra power. Winter time I stock up and use it in the summer when the A/C is kicking. I have relatives in Phoenix that actually get a check for there overage. All depends on the electric company. When I bought my house, I had them payoff the solar lease so it's mine free and clear.

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Since the subject of energy costs was tossed around today, I just looked up my account online.
OUCH!!!!!! $308 is gonna be my current bill. Highest so far. Wonder how much more it would be if I had the shop running.
Learned my lesson with insulating up at higher elevation in the cold. So when we moved to the flat land our first place hvac system was way to small for the house. So replaced it bill went from 4 and change to 250 ish during summer months. So when we bought this place the first thing I did was replace the hvac system and had them blow 3 ft of insulation in the attic. Bill is still 250. But thatโ€™s with 3 ladies (2 daughters)who will sit in the ac with a blanket on during the summerโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Run the shop after 7 pm prob be cheaper
Sponsored