Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Mine hasn't rotated yet, but I was very anal about greasing the shit outta it early and often. Of course I may have just not gotten any sector shaft deflection on 35's, which I kinda doubt because I've beat this thing up pretty hard offroad, I'm curious to see how bad my axle shaft splines are twisted when I get these factory axles off.
The early instructions said "it only needs a little grease" so that's what I did. After it rotated I called Synergy and they said "Grease the fuck out of it!" (in not so many words). So after I drilled a new zerk hole in the bearing that's what I started doing. Haven't heard any more rotation noise from it since.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Mine hasn't rotated yet, but I was very anal about greasing the shit outta it early and often. Of course I may have just not gotten any sector shaft deflection on 35's, which I kinda doubt because I've beat this thing up pretty hard offroad, I'm curious to see how bad my axle shaft splines are twisted when I get these factory axles off.
One more thing on the list.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Anyone want to buy an AWE trail edition full exhaust system for a 4 door 3.6? Special pricing for JHWRNP thread lurkers only. I'll even give you the warnings AWE doesn't 1) It's loud ( I could live with this) 2) It wont work on lifted Jeeps with a rear trackbar re-location bracket, well it will but the noise of the exhaust pipe hitting your track bar and sway bar every time you hit a bump may drive you to rip your own eyeballs out with a spork.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Anything less than 75" and you are a wuss! :giggle:
i dont have a room big enough for any thing larger than 75". a buddy of mine has a 90" projection tv in a 20x20 rec room. way to f**king big. tho i was looking at 55" tv. but i think its still too big for the room.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Anyone want to buy an AWE trail edition full exhaust system for a 4 door 3.6? Special pricing for JHWRNP thread lurkers only. I'll even give you the warnings AWE doesn't 1) It's loud ( I could live with this) 2) It wont work on lifted Jeeps with a rear trackbar re-location bracket, well it will but the noise of the exhaust pipe hitting your track bar and sway bar every time you hit a bump may drive you to rip your own eyeballs out with a spork.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210606_073958

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Weren't they working on the replacement?
I've never heard of any serious proposals - know they sent out requests to contractors for a capability assessment several years ago, for light attack aircraft, but nothing came of it as far as I know.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Doesn't look like something that a 3 pound sledge can't fix. :giggle:
I should have figured that a company that specializes in high end sports car exhausts wouldn't think of a lifted Jeep. I could probably have a good exhaust shop rework the aft section but there is not one single exhaust shop in this town, and I'm not driving 100 miles or more to find out.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I should have figured that a company that specializes in high end sports car exhausts wouldn't think of a lifted Jeep. I could probably have a good exhaust shop rework the aft section but there is not one single exhaust shop in this town, and I'm not driving 100 miles or more to find out.
have you looked at getting the different parts of the pipe and puzzle it ypurself. i havent looked recently, but i think theres a company that can send you those pieces. aftermarket exhaust companies might have that availability.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Saw a new Bronco on the way home yesterday, wasn't quick enough to get a pic. The soft top looked like a group of third graders designed and sewed it together, and the driver looked embarrassed.
yeah, the top (hard or soft) situation with those things is comical.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link