Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
There is a drop down for the Rubicon. There is a different part for you elitist Rubicon drivers.
I don't see no stinkin' drop down. But I did just discover there's a new sector shaft nut design from Synergy. :rock:
Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Oh, and pictures:

IMG_4304.JPEG

New windshield! I didn't realize just how pitted the original was until it was replaced. Colorado roads for you.

IMG_4307.JPEG

Steer Smarts sector shaft brace works great. A subtle but noticeable improvement to Wanderer's wandering. All solid now. :like:

IMG_4313.JPEG

IMG_4312.JPEG

IMG_4316.JPEG

IMG_4319.JPEG

IMG_4318.JPEG

The Out of Bounds Trailer turned out awesome. It's 1,140 lbs was hardly noticeable and it tracks awesome down the highway.

I'll be working on my trailer maneuvering skills this weekend in a wide open parking lot. I'll also find a trail to see how it handles off road. :handsinair:
Congrats, man - nice setup!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I have a 5'x7' utility trailer just for this purpose. LOL
just bustn ya. i love my jl and its my only vehicle. but i do have to keep in mind what i can put in her to bring home. which is a good thing because, if it doesnt fit. i dont get it. however, i'm thinking of getting a 42-46" flat screen tv to upgrade from my 37" and wondering if it will fit in the back without the back seat.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
just bustn ya. i love my jl and its my only vehicle. but i do have to keep in mind what i can put in her to bring home. which is a good thing because, if it doesnt fit. i dont get it. however, i'm thinking of getting a 42-46" flat screen tv to upgrade from my 37" and wondering if it will fit in the back without the back seat.
Anything less than 75" and you are a wuss! :giggle:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Soooooo, when are you visiting so we can do this side by side test? :giggle:
I’d love to break away to a CA trip this year before the snow flies, but the weeks are quickly passing by and I’ve yet to get to Ouray or Moab. :facepalm:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don't see no stinkin' drop down. But I did just discover there's a new sector shaft nut design from Synergy. :rock:
One of my biggest complaints on their sector shaft brace. Hope it doesn’t cost much for you to replace. :like:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
One of my biggest complaints on their sector shaft brace. Hope it doesn’t cost much for you to replace. :like:
$25, now has rubber o-rings. I still think the design is dubious. The SM ball-bearing design looks better but I'm not sure I wanna shell out another $260+

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
$25, now has rubber o-rings. I still think the design is dubious. The SM ball-bearing design looks better but I'm not sure I wanna shell out another $260+
I may not be one to talk, but I can’t blame ya.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I like the bearing design as well, but I haven't had a single issue with my synergy set up and as long as that holds true imma keep it. We'll see how it handles one tons and 37's.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I like the bearing design as well, but I haven't had a single issue with my synergy set up and as long as that holds true imma keep it. We'll see how it handles one tons and 37's.
That’s the smart route.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Yeah, it works. My bearing rotated in the holder (easy fix with a drill.) and I've learned to apply a liberal dose of waterproof grease before (re)installing. I'll probably try out the nut upgrade. We'll see if it keeps water/dirt out and the grease in.

'course, it's OOS everywhere. :swear:

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I would bet you could get it in there without too much problem. Worse case, you will have to roll the passenger seat up to give you a little more room. Trust me, I have carried SO many things in vehicles that shouldn't have been used to carry them...like a large birdcage (two different cages) in the back seat of my convertible...or the screen door in the same car...

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah, it works. My bearing rotated in the holder (easy fix with a drill.) and I've learned to apply a liberal dose of waterproof grease before (re)installing. I'll probably try out the nut upgrade. We'll see if it keeps water/dirt out and the grease in.
Mine hasn't rotated yet, but I was very anal about greasing the shit outta it early and often. Of course I may have just not gotten any sector shaft deflection on 35's, which I kinda doubt because I've beat this thing up pretty hard offroad, I'm curious to see how bad my axle shaft splines are twisted when I get these factory axles off.
Sponsored