Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Got a couple popup storm systems movin through. So, I threw the cover on the bike. Removed the front backrest. It's nice, but it's in the way more than it helps. I'll pickup a pin to replace the Bolt so I can take it off/on at will.
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Le bike!
IMAG2994_BURST001.jpg
IMAG2993.jpg
IMAG2992.jpg
IMAG2998.jpg
IMAG2997.jpg
IMAG2996.jpg
IMAG2995.jpg
IMAG3000.jpg

The only blemish it came with is the spot on the tank.
The turn signal, me and dad caught on the ramp when we were taking the last straps off. No big deal.
Congrats on the new bike! <motorcycle wave>

Did I ever tell you the story of trailering home a brand new Honda Africa Twin and while unloading it I forgot to put up the side stand and laid it against the trailer side rails? Like $500 in damage and I'd only test rode it at the stealership.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) ForrestShitHappens

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Congrats on the new bike! <motorcycle wave>

Did I ever tell you the story of trailering home a brand new Honda Africa Twin and while unloading it I forgot to put up the side stand and laid it against the trailer side rails? Like $500 in damage and I'd only test rode it at the stealership.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) ForrestShitHappens
I'm not really bothered by the damage. Dad's pissed at himself, but I've told him repeatedly that it doesn't bother me.
We had to load it catycorner in the trailer for it to fit. We had two different straps break while on the road. After the first one, we doubled what we had before. After the second one snapped, we decided to unload at the gas station, and I'd ride it from there. Which was my first time on a bike in years, on a busy rural highway, in toe shoes, with sunglasses that kept trying to jump off my face, and I had been up for almost 24 hours.

Was a tad stressful. Lol

Sponsored

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
what the heck is a competition series winch and how bad do you have to be in a competition where you need a winch? I know it sounds like a cool marketing theme but did Smittybilt run out of ideas? (unless I missed something - do people actually have winching competitions? if so - why?)

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
what the heck is a competition series winch and how bad do you have to be in a competition where you need a winch? I know it sounds like a cool marketing theme but did Smittybilt run out of ideas? (unless I missed something - do people actually have winching competitions? if so - why?)
I think the competition winches are for competitive rock crawlers. The winches have small drums and not much line to keep weight down, but are designed for high line speeds to reduce winching time.

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
First night ride accomplished!
Was definitely more nerve racking than enjoyable.
Ordering led headlight now. That will help some.
The absurd amount of critters we have on/crossing our roads at night is a different problem.
Sponsored