Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Morning Jeepers and Jeepettes. Have a great Tuesday!

A bit down today. Most of you already know that ovarian cancer took my wonderful wife early in 2020. Now, a very good friend of mine that has been battling prostate cancer, that is very aggressive, is having a hard time keeping it under control. The diagnosis was just over a year ago and the only treatments that were having any effect, were damaging his heart. I'm not ready to lose a good friend, too.
All - Get checked regularly and pay attention. I finally scheduled the colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures for this month.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1623779397127
Amen to that!!!
My mother was a breast cancer survivor (just shy of 10 years) and the week after Easter she went to the hospital for some intestinal issues that had come on. They initially told her Pancreatic cancer, then backed off that and said well maybe not. Then she was told ampullary cancer. They were starting to look at performing a Whipple procedure for that. They said there was something on the CT scans that they weren't quite sure of. They performed a laparoscopy to see what was going on. The oncologist then said she had stomach cancer that had been there for a while, so the Whipple procedure was off the table. They then started chemo for the stomach on Tuesday June 1st. Friday the 4th she was so sick that her doctor told my sister to take her to the ER. They began ran some tests and then she slid downhill extremely fast. I got to the hospital just in time. I got to tell her I was there (she was unresponsive and on her final breaths). I told her it was ok to let go. She took one more breath and that was it. I really wished they would have performed an autopsy so we could know exactly what she had going on and so we know for family history. You can bet your sweet ass that I will not delay any more of my screening.

** a sucky side note: she passed in the same room that my younger brother passed away in 9 months ago :(

Sponsored

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Amen to that!!!
My mother was a breast cancer survivor (just shy of 10 years) and the week after Easter she went to the hospital for some intestinal issues that had come on. They initially told her Pancreatic cancer, then backed off that and said well maybe not. Then she was told ampullary cancer. They were starting to look at performing a Whipple procedure for that. They said there was something on the CT scans that they weren't quite sure of. They performed a laparoscopy to see what was going on. The oncologist then said she had stomach cancer that had been there for a while, so the Whipple procedure was off the table. They then started chemo for the stomach on Tuesday June 1st. Friday the 4th she was so sick that her doctor told my sister to take her to the ER. They began ran some tests and then she slid downhill extremely fast. I got to the hospital just in time. I got to tell her I was there (she was unresponsive and on her final breaths). I told her it was ok to let go. She took one more breath and that was it. I really wished they would have performed an autopsy so we could know exactly what she had going on and so we know for family history. You can bet your sweet ass that I will not delay any more of my screening.

** a sucky side note: she passed in the same room that my younger brother passed away in 9 months ago :(
OH my goodness, I'm so sorry. My dad died of cancer last year. His autopsy showed that he was so ate up with cancer that they couldn't tell where it had metastasized from. I can't imagine how much pain he was in or how he never got diagnosed. I just know that his passing must have been an enormous relief for him. I'd like to think your younger brother was waiting there for her when your mom passed and she had the joy of seeing him again.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
OH my goodness, I'm so sorry. My dad died of cancer last year. His autopsy showed that he was so ate up with cancer that they couldn't tell where it had metastasized from. I can't imagine how much pain he was in or how he never got diagnosed. I just know that his passing must have been an enormous relief for him. I'd like to think your younger brother was waiting there for her when your mom passed and she had the joy of seeing him again.
thanks.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Who asked for pics of Chuggaboom's new tires? We just got done tweakin the alignment. So, I remembered to snag some.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 370A6055-5C22-4116-8B92-9227FAE786EF
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 370A6055-5C22-4116-8B92-9227FAE786EF
Lift that fukr and call it a bronco!

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Ok jeeples, I need help because the instructions on this are clear as mud. Attaching the hoop to the EAG front bumper, here are the directions:
Locate supplied M8 Allen head bolts. Slide a supplied nylon and flat, split washer onto each of the bolts. Push the bolts through the holes in the hoop mounting plate and through the holes in the bumper.

The part in bold is where I'm scratching my head. As written, the nylon goes onto the bolt first, THEN the flat washer, THEN the split washer. THEN push the bolt through the holes. Seems to me the nylon should be touching the bumper to prevent scratching and would therefore go on last in that lineup. I would also think the flat and split washers would not be right next to each other like that. I would think the split washer would go on AFTER you slide the bolt in, before you put the nut on. So in my head it should be flat, then nylon, then push the bolt through, then split, then nut. I can't find a video that actually shows this part.

Sponsored

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
I've been reading all the comments about cancer in this thread and it's good to know, in a way, that I'm not alone. My Dad was Air Force and passed away in 2014 from mesothelioma related to his service. I'm following in his footsteps, have been fighting a losing battle the last 2yrs with colon cancer that was attributed to my service in the Army.

Cancer sucks.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
I've been reading all the comments about cancer in this thread and it's good to know, in a way, that I'm not alone. My Dad was Air Force and passed away in 2014 from mesothelioma related to his service. I'm following in his footsteps, have been fighting a losing battle the last 2yrs with colon cancer that was attributed to my service in the Army.

Cancer sucks.
I hope you beat that bastard!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Cancer sucks.
Prayers for recovery Mike!

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport

Cancer sucks.
First of all, thank you for your service! I am sorry to hear about your cancer. I can't imagine the stress of that.

I follow a lot of different forums, some of them are political, and from time to time cancer discussions come up. I've been copy/pasting info I run across in regards to that and possible cures (not cures so much as treatments I guess that you can do yourself) and if you like, I can message you with all the info. This is for things that shrink tumors, that sort of thing. I don't have cancer so have never tried them personally but I hold onto that info *just in case.* Don't know if they really work, I'm not a doctor, but if I had cancer I'd probably try just about anything. Shoot me a PM if interested and I'll copy the info over to you.
Sponsored