Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Yeah, you don't normally see ATs like that on an Edge, lol.
He finally stands out from all the thousands of other black Edges/MKXs in the area. Lol
They're such good tires so far. They ride well, and have great wet/dry grip. Sucks we don't have anything to swap them onto before Chuggaboom gets sold.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
He finally stands out from all the thousands of other black Edges/MKXs in the area. Lol
They're such good tires so far. They ride well, and have great wet/dry grip. Sucks we don't have anything to swap them onto before Chuggaboom gets sold.
Get some cheapos to throw on before. "New Tires" is a selling point. :devil:

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Get some cheapos to throw on before. "New Tires" is a selling point. :devil:
I thought about it, but 17 is such an oddball size around here. We have nothing we can put them on, and are out of storage space.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about it, but 17 is such an oddball size around here. We have nothing we can put them on, and are out of storage space.
Keep em for the Jeep, Just don't get a Sahara or an Altitude.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, my YouTube video is still processing on their servers. ugh

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Really sucks what happened to your daughter. Blessings to her! But your post is really the essence of what ducking Jeeps are about. If you want another, PM me your address with your daughter's name and it will go to her.
Aww that's sweet, thanks for offering! I bought a bag of ducks from Amazon and there was a unicorn duck in there that I gave her, she loves it! So now I have an abundance of ducks I keep stowed. Just need to print up some ducking cards so I can start handing them out!

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
So I'm in the process of installing my EAG bumper today and getting ready to attach the fairlead holder to the bumper and notice this nick in the fairlead right where the winch rope is going to go. :facepalm:
It appears EAG doesn't have an actual website - they do, but it clicks over directly to Amazon. I don't want to send the entire bumper back obviously. I left them a message through Amazon that I just need a replacement part. However, I have no faith in people or companies so I'm looking for an alternative solution. I can only think of one - and that's to have a welder fill in the nick and hopefully get it recoated.
My brain doesn't think of other solutions for filling that nick - do you guys have any ideas before I go the welder route?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210615_115032

sorry for the blurry pic

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
So I'm in the process of installing my EAG bumper today and getting ready to attach the fairlead holder to the bumper and notice this nick in the fairlead right where the winch rope is going to go. :facepalm:
It appears EAG doesn't have an actual website - they do, but it clicks over directly to Amazon. I don't want to send the entire bumper back obviously. I left them a message through Amazon that I just need a replacement part. However, I have no faith in people or companies so I'm looking for an alternative solution. I can only think of one - and that's to have a welder fill in the nick and hopefully get it recoated.
My brain doesn't think of other solutions for filling that nick - do you guys have any ideas before I go the welder route?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210615_115032

sorry for the blurry pic
Your failead should be smaller in diameter than the holder and that is what the rope should ride on, it should not contact the holder in any way. If the fairlead covers up the nick it should be nothing more than a hidden eyesore that only you would know about.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Your failead should be smaller in diameter than the holder and that is what the rope should ride on, it should not contact the holder in any way. If the fairlead covers up the nick it should be nothing more than a hidden eyesore that only you would know about.
That is correct, I put the winch's fairlead over it to make sure it was going to clear and it *should* just barely bypass that nick, but I wasn't sure if that was "good enough" lol.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
That is correct, I put the winch's fairlead over it to make sure it was going to clear and it *should* just barely bypass that nick, but I wasn't sure if that was "good enough" lol.
You could smooth it our with a small file and then paint pen it if you are worried, but if the winch line is properly tensioned it should never contact anything besides the smooth edges of the fairlead.
Sponsored