Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm having the dealer check my batteries this afternoon so I hope they don't have a disaster for me too...

ESS is working again but it won't last long, lol.
I'm sure mine will give me trouble AFTER my warranty expires in June. So I need to start researching what I will replace them with.

Have you looked into any options other than OEM replacements?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure mine will give my trouble AFTER my warranty expires in June. So I need to start researching what I will replace them with.

Have you looked into any options other than OEM replacements?
Well for the time being I need to determine if the batteries are the issue. I'll probably buy from somewhere else and to the swap myself, but on the chance its not the batteries and something else I want to know that.

Edit: Plus I want to check this Willy's out... :involve:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1620396894092

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Morning my jeeples. i'm in need of a dash cam and before i do a search, thought i would ask if anyone has a recommendation. Daughter and i are heading to Florida in a week and i'd like to have one before we leave. TIA and Jeep on:jk:
I have this one. The one thing I dont like about it is that if I want/need to look at captured footage I have to remove the SD card and view it from my computer. I will eventually be changing it out for one I can view from my phone via an app.

Amazon.com: APEMAN 2K &1080P Dual Dash Cam, 2688x1520P max, Support 128GB, Front and Rear Camera for Cars with 3 Inch IPS Screen, Driving Recorder with IR Sensor Night Vision, Motion Detection, Parking Monitor: Electronics

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Mornin off to the dealer for an oil change on the wife’s GC….
So, after reading along on this forum about how many quarts of oil does my JL need, I was armed with the knowledge that I only need 5 quarts. I didn't want to but I booked my 1st oil change at the dealership, but, I'm gonna blame it on my husband(you get 4 free oil changes) I did. I bet you can't guess what happened? Correct, they put in 6 quarts of oil!!!!! Made my husband drain the extra oil!!!! Serves him right! ANd I knew I shouldn't have listened to him!! 😉😆

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, after reading along on this forum about how many quarts of oil does my JL need, I was armed with the knowledge that I only need 5 quarts. I didn't want to but I booked my 1st oil change at the dealership, but, I'm gonna blame it on my husband(you get 4 free oil changes) I did. I bet you can't guess what happened? Correct, they put in 6 quarts of oil!!!!! Made my husband drain the extra oil!!!! Serves him right! ANd I knew I shouldn't have listened to him!! 😉😆
While 6 quarts isn't the end of the world, its just so easy to put the right amount in that its infuriating how often it happens.

The techs are just told to do what the computer tells them to I guess...

Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-I-Borg-GIF.gif

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While 6 quarts isn't the end of the world, its just so easy to put the right amount in that its infuriating how often it happens.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-I-Borg-GIF
Artificial Intelligence at it's best!!!!😉

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-I-Borg-GIF
Over 3 years since these things came out and they still can't get it right. I just don't understand. Someone should have reprogrammed their puters by now.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Over 3 years since these things came out and they still can't get it right. I just don't understand. Someone should have reprogrammed their puters by now.
You would think that... :headbang:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

I wonder if it's the opposite. When I set up my first Jeep Wave oil change, (online on the Jeep Wave website), it automatically brought up and showed the type and quantity of oil. Which makes me wonder if maybe the computers are right and the techs have done so many Wranglers over the years that they think they don't need to look at what the computer says.

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if it's the opposite. When I set up my first Jeep Wave oil change, (online on the Jeep Wave website), it automatically brought up and showed the type and quantity of oil. Which makes me wonder if maybe the computers are right and the techs have done so many Wranglers over the years that they think they don't need to look at what the computer says.
Quite possibly because when I scheduled my oil change on-line it said 5 quarts!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm skipping the free oil changes and doing them myself the last couple of times.

Even installed a spigot to make getting the oil out without covering the skid plate easier.

Which reminds me, time to go wash the Jeep.

Gotta be clean before hitting the trails tomorrow. :D