Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
morning all.
Man, I got my 2nd covid shot Monday afternoon and it put me out of commission. I spent all day Tuesday in bed; fever, body ache, nauseated, lightheaded/dizzy. Yesterday the symptoms were the same, minus the fever, but not as bad. I'm back to normal now though.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning Jeeples,

Kevin has me worried now...I go for my second shot next Tuesday...just 4 days before leaving on vacation. I really don't need this taking me out of commission that soon before vacation. LOL I guess on the plus side, if it does...I should be well rested for vacation.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Good Morning Jeeples,

Kevin has me worried now...I go for my second shot next Tuesday...just 4 days before leaving on vacation. I really don't need this taking me out of commission that soon before vacation. LOL I guess on the plus side, if it does...I should be well rested for vacation.
it doesn't affect everyone the same. My boss had both of his, Moderna, and never had a problem. I had Moderna, 1st one, not a problem, second one, well, you know. My sister had both, Pfizer, and not a single issue. My wife had Pfizer and both of hers she got sick. My parents both received Pfizer and they didnt have any issues. One of my friends got Pfizer and got sick on the 2nd shot, nothing with first. I think it all depends on your personal DNA build.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
morning all.
Man, I got my 2nd covid shot Monday afternoon and it put me out of commission. I spent all day Tuesday in bed; fever, body ache, nauseated, lightheaded/dizzy. Yesterday the symptoms were the same, minus the fever, but not as bad. I'm back to normal now though.
I hear a reaction like that means you have a strong immune system that is now aware of the virus and took it on as intended.

:like:

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
I hear a reaction like that means you have a strong immune system that is now aware of the virus and took it on as intended.

:like:
Understanding COVID-19 vaccine side effects, why second dose could feel worse – Mayo Clinic News Network

Why are some people more likely to experience side effects after the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine?

When you take two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, the first dose is the first time for your body to see the spike protein that the COVID-19 vaccines produce, and your body begins to develop an immune response. But that happens slowly. Then when you come back with a second dose, your body is ready to attack it. Your body is primed by that first dose of vaccine. The second vaccine dose goes into your body, starts to make that spike protein, and your antibodies jump on it and rev up your immune system response. It's kind of like they've studied for the test. And it's acing the test.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I had nothing on the first but a "slightly" sore arm. Will see on May 3rd if my second has a reaction.
Slight reaction to my first shot and slightly more of a reaction to my second shot. It was enough to keep me home on Sunday instead of at church. My wife was put out of commission by her first shot so she's not looking forward to the second.

I had Pfizer and she had Moderna.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
For $100 per day, I'll hide you from your spouse.
Much less expensive. And helping out in the rescue might be a good way to clear your mind from the marital stress, lol.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Much less expensive. And helping out in the rescue might be a good way to clear your mind from the marital stress, lol.
True. When the birds scream, I can put them in a cage and walk away.