Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning my Jeeples!!! Raining here in the Lou so "had" to drive Roxy today. Today's traffic adventure included dodging plastic bags on the highway, getting one caught on the hood latch, pulling over on the side of the road to remove said bag, throwing it in the Jeep, throwing it away at work but not before seeing that the bag was turned inside out and having the lettering "Soiled Linen Laundry" printed...on the inside. If it wasn't 35 miles home and back, I would have gone back home for a deep scrub of me and my Jeep. F*CK!!!!!!!!!!
yikes... :puke:

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Okay @OilBurnerHoldOut

They had the Jeep you want right up front.

IMG_2231.JPG

I like how they have the batteries and fuse boxes in better locations for the Diesel. Fuses were all good, pushed in and not flopping around.

IMG_2233.JPG

The slider/steps seem a bit narrow but easily changed out if you don't find them satisfactory.

IMG_2235.JPG

Here's where the problems started. JLs just kill batteries when they've been sitting there and this was no exception. It wouldn't start, and was trying to give me every warning it could give me.

Fortunately Ilana, the sales rep, was able to get the Jeep jumpstarted and all of the errors cleared out. CEL was still on but should be no issue once the batteries are replaced/fully charged.

The Michelin HT tires give the Jeep a nice smooth ride, and the steering is dead straight. The Diesel isn't as zippy as the gas V6 but that is expected. You get a decent amount of clatter without it being loud and engine braking isn't bad. ESS wasn't working due to the batteries, so I can't comment on how it worked with that engine. Heated seats and Steering wheel work well, but it was way too warm to use them for longer than it took to see if they work, lol. Auto AC is quick and efficient at getting your cabin to the right temp.

Fuel economy is quite exceptional! I got 19 in my Sahara during the same test drive loop when I bought it. I would expect that Jeep to get mid to high 20s on my usual commute and low to mid 30s on a highway trip.

IMG_2237.JPG

Rich, you'll want to get in touch with ILANA EVANS at 336-577-0223 if you are looking to proceed on this Jeep. She seemed to be genuinely excited to talk Jeep with me and isn't your typical sales guy, lol. She'll need a more specific location to price out shipping for you since I could only really tell her Kentucky. I'd just make sure they swap out the batteries and check the CEL as well.

Now... @HDinkH This Jeep seems to be calling your name... :devil:

IMG_2232.JPG

And they had a TRX there... that thing is MASSIVE! The wider fenders and stance, plus the beefy 35s (335s) give it a genuinely larger appearance than my old 1500. I'm afraid to look at the pricing of it though... :surprised:

63995505234__7A991C03-5615-4F8D-93EF-405FB230FE20.JPG
Thank you sir!!
Sounds about perfect. I'm sure gettin them to swap out new batteries won't be too much trouble. I'm exactly 505 miles away from the dealership. Lol
Shipping shouldn't be too bad. I really can't thank you enough.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
After 3 years they want $11k to buy out our solar contract. 16 panels?
Close...17. Funny, the 6 year old unit on the bird rescue is also rated 7.5 kw, is 33 panels, and cost $23k.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
were you going for the J&J?
Wife got the JJ yesterday, when local centers suddenly found themselves with "unexpected supplies". Hmmm...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you sir!!
Sounds about perfect. I'm sure gettin them to swap out new batteries won't be too much trouble. I'm exactly 505 miles away from the dealership. Lol
Shipping shouldn't be too bad. I really can't thank you enough.
Awesome! Glad I can help.

I did get the "There's someone else looking at this Jeep" spiel but I'm not sure if that's something she was goaded into saying from the older sales guys there or not.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Wife was already on the fence and originally wanted to wait a couple/few more weeks.
Yeah my wife was looking at it too, but went with Moderna instead.

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Wife got the JJ yesterday, when local centers suddenly found themselves with "unexpected supplies". Hmmm...
On of my team members got the J & J last Friday in the same sorta of fashion and a good friend got the J & J almost 2 weeks ago at the VA. Both are fine

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Awesome! Glad I can help.

I did get the "There's someone else looking at this Jeep" spiel but I'm not sure if that's something she was goaded into saying from the older sales guys there or not.
I'm sure someone else is lookin at it. Doesn't change the fact I'm gonna shop around. Lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure someone else is lookin at it. Doesn't change the fact I'm gonna shop around. Lol
Oh they'll sell it eventually. They are a high volume dealer, but since its a leftover 2020 you might get a good deal on it just so they can move it.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Someone else looking at it with dead batteries??? Yeah...I don't think so!!!
Sponsored