Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
Same issue or multiple issues? Sounds like MD lemon law may have covered it if many were for the same issue. Hope you get another soon that is as trouble free as mine has been.
Multiple issues started with the radio popping and going dark 8 days/228 miles into ownership. Even more issues occurred with the replacement radio.

For the next 9 long months of ownershit I took it to 3 different dealerships hoping someone would figure it out.

I tried to get Jeep's attention by posted a ton on their Facebook and Twitter pages which only resulted in comments like "we're sorry you're having issues" - yeah, right, then do something about it!

Jeep "Cares" reps told me their hands were tied since Fiat took over.

MD Lemon Law wouldn't help since the issues weren't consistent.

The final straw was the Jeep not starting, stranding me and being towed THREE times to the dealership who was unable to replicate or find anything wrong with it.

Last time I drove the Jeep was from the dealership straight to Carmax. It had just turned over 5,000 miles.
Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
Yeah, kind of interesting it's mostly northern states that require front license plates. I believe Texas, which surprised me, and Virginia are the only two southern states that do.
Yesterday I had to renew my plates for two years - or more accurately 12 days :facepalm: :surprised:

Not sure how much of that $135 I'll recoup after we move :(

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Multiple issues started with the radio popping and going dark 8 days/228 miles into ownership. Even more issues occurred with the replacement radio.

For the next 9 long months of ownershit I took it to 3 different dealerships hoping someone would figure it out.

I tried to get Jeep's attention by posted a ton on their Facebook and Twitter pages which only resulted in comments like "we're sorry you're having issues" - yeah, right, then do something about it!

The final straw was the Jeep not starting, stranding me and being towed THREE times to the dealership who was unable to replicate or find anything wrong with it.

Last time I drove the Jeep was from the dealership straight to Carmax. It had just turned over 5,000 miles.
"Ownershit" :giggle:

That's now in the JHWR dictionary.

/ˈōnərˌSHit/ - noun. A less than satisfactory experience with a new Jeep.

Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
....... Last time I drove the Jeep was from the dealership straight to Carmax. It had just turned over 5,000 miles.
Man, I am so sorry that you had all of these issues! Feel like naming the bad dealers so I know whom to keep away from? So far, I purchased mine from Criswell in Thurmont, which is not my closest dealer, but have been totally happy with their sales and service. No warranty issues in 10K miles on my JLUR.

Yesterday I had to renew my plates for two years - or more accurately 12 days :facepalm: :surprised:
MD should refund most of the tag fees when you return it. They do prorate and MVA has been good about returning "unused fees" in a few weeks when I mail in tags.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
some good rubber gloves? :CWL:
No, I might have to go bigger than that. I've been spying the 44" USG roller cabinet. I may pull the trigger on it cuz I'm an ITC member and I'll get the 20%.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey

Maryland has the same basic Lemon Law requirements as CA (most states do)...

Any number of problems that substantially impair the use and market value of the vehicle that have caused it to be out of service for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.

Next time (hopefully there is no next time) I think you should push back on the manufacturer a bit harder, as I had to do on the RAM 1500, and/or seek the advice of an attorney.

There are a lot of consumer rights type attorneys that will take Lemon Law cases on a contingency basis as they know the manufacturer has deep pockets and will be the ones paying their fees in the end.

I think it's BS that your pocketbook took a hit in that situation.

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)

I was hoping to trade my truck on the Jeep before my registration is due this month, but the stupid manual transmission recall thing has pushed it back enough that I’m gonna have to bite the bullet.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping to trade my truck on the Jeep before my registration is due this month, but the stupid manual transmission recall thing has pushed it back enough that I’m gonna have to bite the bullet.
March is registration and property Tax on the Jeep month for me... 😫
Sponsored