Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the warning. :giggle:

I only watched this (audio is low, turn it up)

(No tight jump suits)
Coincidentally I just watched a modern interpretation of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
My mood right now:
So you're in the mood to spray beer around? Well, as long as that moves you toward tastey vodka, I'm happy for you. :tumbleweed:

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA

Deleted member 29342

i was going to stay out of this "is or is not a jeep". but, i'll throw this in. by all means, i'm not choosing side. the new gc is branded as a jeep. but it looks like a rejected dodge durango, in a way. i think thats why i'm not liking it. also strecthing it to fit a 3rd row seat. imo, fait is "softening" the "true" jeep brand. i get it, all the auto makers are one upping the line up of vehicles to cater to the customers. however (i'm saying this lightly) fiat is doing well in keeping the wrangler in a wrangler that is known to be. when the compass and renegade came out. i was like this is fiat $h*t and they are destroying the jeep name. i will say this. the cherokee does not look all that bad and would consider one if i needed a 2nd jeep. i had a 07 gc larado and loved it. the new larado are nice and would get one, but i wasnt all in with the bells and whistles. thats one reason why i when with a base model wrangler.

so maybe @obwahn and @Steveo feels that way.
I’m on my 10th grand Cherokee I loved them. I feel the grand Cherokee you get more for money. I do agree that it looking like the Durango I knew they would of went that route I just really hope they didn’t. Hopefully it will have an option for just stander seat not a third row. I guess we will see. We have about a year and a half Left on our grand Cherokee lease.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
I’m on my 10th grand Cherokee I loved them. I feel the grand Cherokee you get more for money. I do agree that it looking like the Durango I knew they would of went that route I just really hope they didn’t. Hopefully it will have an option for just stander seat not a third row. I guess we will see. We have about a year and a half Left on our grand Cherokee lease.
I don’t like the fact it looks like a Durango and third row.
The press release said that there was gonna be a standard 5 seat option. Starting at $40somethin.
We need a third row in our family, and the gc is gonna be a lot cheaper than the wagoneer. So, it'll work for us (eventually).
I would honestly prefer the body on frame wagoneer for us, but we'll be stretching things as is. So, the Grand is what we're looking into.

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMAG2837

Drafting up floorplans for the house we're looking at. "Savannah", kit from Kodiak steel homes. It'll be over a basement, and have an attached quonset hut garage, with a loft above half of it for mom's wood shop.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I hit the jackpot! So says this email 🤑
80E2C32A-FBA4-47CA-BB76-082B659B886E.jpeg
Congrats!!! What are you going to do to your jeep
i was going to stay out of this "is or is not a jeep". but, i'll throw this in. by all means, i'm not choosing side. the new gc is branded as a jeep. but it looks like a rejected dodge durango, in a way. i think thats why i'm not liking it. also strecthing it to fit a 3rd row seat. imo, fait is "softening" the "true" jeep brand. i get it, all the auto makers are one upping the line up of vehicles to cater to the customers. however (i'm saying this lightly) fiat is doing well in keeping the wrangler in a wrangler that is known to be. when the compass and renegade came out. i was like this is fiat $h*t and they are destroying the jeep name. i will say this. the cherokee does not look all that bad and would consider one if i needed a 2nd jeep. i had a 07 gc larado and loved it. the new larado are nice and would get one, but i wasnt all in with the bells and whistles. thats one reason why i when with a base model wrangler.

so maybe @obwahn and @Steveo feels that way.
It was just a matter of time before this happened. The Durango is based on the last model Grand Cherokee. I believe they were made in the same factory right next to each other. Hopefully the standard model (not the L) will have better proportions. Having said all that, I had a Durango for a while and I really liked it. If I needed a 3 row SUV again, I would definetly consider a Grand Cherokee L.