Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
E8F6A0DD-91A9-4CE0-A853-EA9F64BCFD88.jpeg

Really hoping this wasn’t anyone here.
Sorry, I only had 2 minutes before the liquor store closed. No time to dilly dally.:bandit:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I was working in the lab when news of the twin towers came on the radio. After the Pentagon was hit, NASA evacuated everyone. For the rest of the day I was alone in my house - 15 minutes from the Pentagon - listening to the fighter jets fly laps overhead. Jim was stranded in Idaho trying unsuccessfully to rent a car. I will never forget that horrible day.
People are free to have a different opinion, but January 6 will live in far greater infamy in my mind. I was sitting at home working like all good Americans in the pandemic, of course, but assuredly I've lost considerably more sleep. I tend to write paragraphs (lots of them), but I'll try to be brief. I'm not looking to suppress any particular political affiliation, just willing to share why this matters to me.

9/11 was an attack on people, capitalist institutions, with some elements of revenge for ten years of war. It was an isolated terrorist act. It affected my view of my peers, of religious institutions. But like subsequent domestic terrorism, it was focused and sometimes predicated on documented reality or history.

1/6 was an attack on multiple branches of government and the constitutional laws they uphold, on the country. It was sedition and treason not as an isolated incident but a culmination of a sequence of attacks, a statement that "we don't want a legislature, a constitution, checks and balances, parties, discourse, or debate".

It was an assault not on a public figure in this country, but on its very soul, on the very things that make it wrong and illegal to bomb buildings, on the things that make it illegal for me to walk into a church with a (....) flag. First amendment rights are subordinate to the constitution, so when it goes they go. They wanted something very fundamental to be destroyed, based on lies, hearsay, or speculations.

The floor of the Capitol grants our representatives rights to say many things, even if they're blatant lies. The constitution is very clear about where power lies regarding our public officials, and how they are elected and reprimanded. It provides no rights for the mob, nor does the first amendment protect hate speech, panic, or violence.

I am very offended, more offended than 9/11.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Only funny cuz it's true. Not sure why I still sleep on "my side" tho.
So you can know quickly if you're compatible with a potential mate: "Naup, sorry, I get diagonally from top left to lower right, this isn't gonna work out". :surprised:

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Sketti with cheesy garlic toast here...

20210111_173053.jpg

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210111_173053

We called it "Mad Dog 20/20" in HS.
Everyone called it mad dog. My first alcohol based 'power puke' came courtesy of MD. I don't think too many people know mogen david.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Everyone called it mad dog. My first alcohol based 'power puke' came courtesy of MD. I don't think too many people know mogen david.
Yeah, I'm sure I had one or two good barfings from it as well, before I learned to avoid it like the plague! (or Covid-19)

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
That was too expensive for us. We drank "home grown" with some juice splashed in for color. I don't recommend that too anyone.
I've flat out told my young cousins that if they are gonna drink and can't afford anything else, that I'd lose a $20 on the ground. So long as it was only used for beer. I've seen way too much alcohol poisoning in the kids I grew up with.
Sponsored