Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I blame it on 'warning labels'. If not for those some of the idiots would've been culled from the herd. :bandit:
You want to know what kept me from messing around electrical transformers before I was educated enough to know what an Arc Flash was?

The electricity monster warning label, lol. Seriously, I thought there was a monster in the box when I was a little kid and steered clear of them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1610113100234
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
You want to know what kept me from messing around electrical transformers before I was educated enough to know what an Arc Flash was?

The electricity monster warning label, lol. Seriously, I thought there was a monster in the box when I was a little kid and steered clear of them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1610113100234
As an Electrical Engineer...that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol, it certainly helped keep me away before I could even read.
Well, I laugh at it so hard because it is SO the mentality of SO many people who don't understand electricity. It is that "black box" syndrome. If you can't see it, you can't fix it, and it is always the first thing to blame because you don't understand it. I have worked in a lot of different industrial plants and it still amazes me how people blame the "electrical"...when the root cause is a bad switch, or the system is out of sequence, or...god forbid...operator error.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The "Snowstorm" we're having right now seems to start out as snow and then it melts on the way down and just becomes rain... :asshat:
WAIT...you get snow??!!??!! Lucky you!!! (NOT!!!) We usually get a little snow in the STL area...dusting here...dusting there...maybe an inch or two...but rarely any appreciably snow that stays any amount of time.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
WAIT...you get snow??!!??!! Lucky you!!! (NOT!!!) We usually get a little snow in the STL area...dusting here...dusting there...maybe an inch or two...but rarely any appreciably snow that stays any amount of time.
It usually snows a few inches at least once per winter here, lol. So far its just wet, so I don't think any snow is going to stick this time.

Up in the mountains its a different story, and the Snow sticks around most of the winter.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I'm ready for a good snowfall. I've been 'jonesing' to hit the trail and put some footprints in some freshly fallen snow. It's my favorite hiking. it's so peaceful and (usually) quiet out on the trails. The fair-weather hikers aren't out being noisy and ruining my tranquility. :involve:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I laugh at it so hard because it is SO the mentality of SO many people who don't understand electricity. It is that "black box" syndrome. If you can't see it, you can't fix it, and it is always the first thing to blame because you don't understand it. I have worked in a lot of different industrial plants and it still amazes me how people blame the "electrical"...when the root cause is a bad switch, or the system is out of sequence, or...god forbid...operator error.
Sounds like the "Solar Flares" excuse I used to get from my radio operators whenever comms weren't working. lol

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Ha, you get to be on the flip side in aviation - everything is assumed operator (pilot) error until you can prove otherwise.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Ha, you get to be on the flip side in aviation - everything is assumed operator (pilot) error until you can prove otherwise.
As a former maintainer......

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1610116761777

:captain:

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Eddie from [Banned Site] put 42s on his JT

Test drove it and needs to trim fenders and add 1-2" in height!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) SnipImage(6).JPG
"banned site"??? Who pissed off who??
Sponsored