Sponsored

Jeep gurus help.....why are there two different center consoles on 2021 models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Hello,

Update July 1, 2021 - the culprit seems to be 2021 models equipped with the optional front trail camera. The center console tray fits fine. The lower console divider does not fit this new console.

We make the Vehicle OCD brand center console divider and center console tray for the JL/JLU. Recently we have heard from a couple customers about a new and different center console on their 2021 Rubicon JLU. It is not as deep and has a different footprint. We have verified this with the Jeep parts department and ordered the rubber mat at the bottom of the console. See the picture 2021 version on the right, part number 6ZU92TX7AA.

All of the 2021 JLU Rubicons we have seen at the dealership have the same console as 2018-2020. We need help understanding which models get which center console. What feature would cause it it to be specific to a certian model. We have come up empty with dealerships and parts departments. Need some help from the experts here on the forum. Ideas??

Here are a few VIN numbers to start the detective work. All have the new shorter console with the rubber mat on the right.

1C4HJXFG8MW583353
1C4HJXFN3MW582366
1C4HJXFG6MW627785 - Build date 1/14/2021
1C4JJXFM0MW581992 - Build date: November 2020
1C4HJXCG5MW730295
1C4JJXSJ1MW738456

Here are VIN numbers that have the old console (8.5 inches deep)

1C4HJXCG1MW508272
1C4HJXDGXMW572681
1C4HJXFN1MW694020 - build date May 2021
1C4HJXFN8MW514323 - build date August 2020

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep gurus help.....why are there two different center consoles on 2021 models? 1612708565176

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep gurus help.....why are there two different center consoles on 2021 models? 1623432125901
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Is there a difference in the shape of the console for a manual or automatic? Is it different for diesel versus gas, versus that electric engine thing?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Recently we have heard from a couple customers about a new and different center console on their 2021 Rubicon JLU. It is not as deep and has a different footprint.
Getting the VIN numbers from those customers would help tremendously. Then we could pull up their Monroney stickers to see exactly what options they may have in common

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
We have a 2021 80th edition, built in November, that has the old style console. We moved your organizer from the 2019 to 80th with no issue. I picked up my 2021 JLUR last Wednesday, built January 2021, and it has the new console. Went to move my organizer over and the bottom section does not fit. Both are the 3.6 eTorque w/8sp automatic.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
We have a 2021 80th edition, built in November, that has the old style console. We moved your organizer from the 2019 to 80th with no issue. I picked up my 2021 JLUR last Wednesday, built January 2021, and it has the new console. Went to move my organizer over and the bottom section does not fit. Both are the 3.6 eTorque w/8sp automatic.
@OMTBiker

@salex / Todd..

Could you chime in on this.... possibly you are not aware of this..

Sponsored

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
And with this cry for help, Jeeps nerds all across America, nay, the world mobilize to solve this crisis. A little embarrassed that they were blindsided by this....

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was not a cry for help, just trying to offer what little knowledge I have in that this may have been a mid-year design change. Did not notice if there is a depth difference but willing to help with anything I can, wish I was closer as I would reach out and offer to take the Jeep to him. A little to far for a winter road trip.

I am willing to wait for the revised version and will not buy one of the off brand versions on Amazon that are made overseas. Would rather support local companies that produce them in the USA.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Mine was not a cry for help, just trying to offer what little knowledge I have in that this may have been a mid-year design change. Did not notice if there is a depth difference but willing to help with anything I can, wish I was closer as I would reach out and offer to take the Jeep to him. A little to far for a winter road trip.

I am willing to wait for the revised version and will not buy one of the off brand versions on Amazon that are made overseas. Would rather support local companies that produce them in the USA.
@salex is also a forum Sponsor! Terrific that you have posted as you have ... provided the info you provided...

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Watching šŸ‘€ Didnā€™t know of this product and am waiting for my ā€˜21 JL-R to be built. Will definitely want something like this for my Jeep

Sponsored

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Getting the VIN numbers from those customers would help tremendously. Then we could pull up their Monroney stickers to see exactly what options they may have in common
Good idea, added two confirmed VINs to the first post. Thanks!

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Aftermarket consumer input in action. Cool!
This forum was huge for getting these products designed and to market in 2018. You can see the original threads for your entertainment.

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Watching šŸ‘€ Didnā€™t know of this product and am waiting for my ā€˜21 JL-R to be built. Will definitely want something like this for my Jeep
The good news is that both versions of the console work with the upper tray. It is only the divider that has an issue.

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD

Would you mind posting your VIN to help with the detective work? That would give us yours plus the two in the first post. Thanks!

OP
OP
BaseLayer

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
And with this cry for help, Jeeps nerds all across America, nay, the world mobilize to solve this crisis. A little embarrassed that they were blindsided by this....
Jeep is lacking on brochures and specs. Wish Jeep made it easy...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.