Sponsored

Jeep got keyed on Day#2 of ownership

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
By any chance were you parked in an EV charging spot (since you have a 4xe)? Wondering if someone didn't realize you had a right to be there and decided to be a jerk about it.
Sponsored

dswhalen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Photographer
In 2005 I parked my brand new Mustang GT convertible and ran into a convenience store with the top left down. Some piece of shit threw a full 32 oz soft drink into the leather interior. It was the first week the new convertible came out too. I still have it with only 22K miles on it.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
The more people I meet... the more I wish I could believe in hell...

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Its too bad Jeep doesnt have a camera system like the Teslas. I have spent a lot of time looking at side mount/rear/front cameras to a DVR under the seat....very expensive and hard to do. It may be worth investing in a Dash Cam (my next purchase). Get one with motion sensing and mount it as high as possible above the rear view camera. Hopefully this way it's less of a target and hidden.

I really can't understand that. Did you cut someone off on the way to the hotel? Was there any kind of confrontation? Why would someone just decide to key your Jeep....just because? Has to be a reason...

Sorry to hear that though. Sucks man.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
If someone scratches your doors, just remove them and drop them off at the paint shop. Drive around doorless. ?‍♂

Disclaimer: Only really works in warm climates, or for tough guys in cold weather. Just sayin’

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
If someone scratches your doors, just remove them and drop them off at the paint shop. Drive around doorless. ?‍♂

Disclaimer: Only really works in warm climates, or for tough guys in cold weather. Just sayin’
I was gonna ask if it was pretty tropical there... in Rhode Island... :)

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I was gonna ask if it was pretty tropical there... in Rhode Island... :)
Haha ? I run doorless with coyote mirrors, or tube-doors with attached mirrors (and topless) most of the time between May - September up here, weather permitting. Love it! Probably my favorite thing about owning Jeep! It’s the original convertible! ?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
By any chance were you parked in an EV charging spot (since you have a 4xe)? Wondering if someone didn't realize you had a right to be there and decided to be a jerk about it.
As soon as I read the OPs post I thought the exact same thing, 4xE keyed at a hotel on a work trip. Someone shouldn't key your car, but someone also shouldn't park in a EV charging spot hours after they are done charging. Not blaming the victim, just pointing out basic courtesy which can lead to people being a**holes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

VenkatV

First Name
VBV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Wrangler
As soon as I read the OPs post I thought the exact same thing, 4xE keyed at a hotel on a work trip. Someone shouldn't key your car, but someone also shouldn't park in a EV charging spot hours after they are done charging. Not blaming the victim, just pointing out basic courtesy which can lead to people being a**holes.
No, it was just a normal parking spot at Homewood suites overnight stay hotel.

OP
OP

VenkatV

First Name
VBV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Wrangler
Its too bad Jeep doesnt have a camera system like the Teslas. I have spent a lot of time looking at side mount/rear/front cameras to a DVR under the seat....very expensive and hard to do. It may be worth investing in a Dash Cam (my next purchase). Get one with motion sensing and mount it as high as possible above the rear view camera. Hopefully this way it's less of a target and hidden.

I really can't understand that. Did you cut someone off on the way to the hotel? Was there any kind of confrontation? Why would someone just decide to key your Jeep....just because? Has to be a reason...

Sorry to hear that though. Sucks man.
No, very uneventful day, drive. I think it was someone just did for sake of personal sick gratification.

OP
OP

VenkatV

First Name
VBV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Wrangler
Haha, no. Homewood suites has just normal parking spaces no destination charging.
Sponsored