sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Pretty amusing story!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27496171/jeep-online-dating-profile-statistics/

Who gets paid to study this stuff?!! :LOL:

Put a Jeep in Your Online Dating Profile Now—You'll Get More Messages
What effect do cars have on your digital dating life? More than you'd expect—whatever you do, don't use a hatchback.

A study by the dating site Zoosk, as reported by a website called askmen, finds people are 243 percent more likely to respond to a profile that includes a photo of a Jeep.

The study also finds that sedans get you 42 percent better results, for some reason.

The big loser is the hapless hatchback owner, whose chances are down 15 percent.

Tired of swiping right all day and getting no bites on your online dating profile? Allow us to help with some solid automotive consumer advice: Put a Jeep in one or more of your photos. According to dating site Zoosk, which in conjunction with the website askmen analyzed more than 15 million online dating photos of men and women, images that include Jeeps boosted messages from potential conquests by 243 percent.

Look, of all the shameless things you could try to pull in order to score a date, making sure a Jeep is in the background of a photo seems like the easiest and least sleazy. They're everywhere. Just go take a selfie in front of one, maybe making sure there is a leafy or outdoorsy background so it looks like you're as trail-rated as the Jeep.

What kind of Jeep does this study refer to? It doesn't specify. But we'd recommend skipping, say, a Compass or a Renegade and trying, say, something truly Jeepy like a Wrangler or the new Gladiator pickup. Whatever you do, stay far, far away from the now-defunct Patriot. Even if it gets you a date, do you really want to go out with the person who was impressed by that?

Zoosk didn't simply analyze whether Jeeps help guys and gals out—it also looked at how other nameplates fared. In a win for cars in their ongoing, losing struggle for relevance against crossovers and SUVs, sedans increase your messaging chances by 42 percent. Roll your eyes if you must, but a BMW ups your game by 149 percent, while a truck gives you a 41 percent boost.

Featuring a hatchback in your profile reduces inbound messages by 15 percent. We're not sure where this animosity toward practical, carlike transportation is coming from, nor are we sure we can trust it: The same study found that vans increase incoming messages by 61 percent. Vans shouldn't increase messages at all—see our earlier statement about sleazy pickup tactics, which we'd say include kidnapping by windowless van. Nor should a Toyota up your message frequency by 73 percent. Really? A Toyota?

Anyway, we assume the Jeep boost comes from the brand's outdoorsy image. Everyone likes to think they're adventurous or wants an adventurous, er, mate, with, um, adventurous tastes. Such is the power of the Jeep brand—for the low, low price of whatever one of its products costs (or, again, a free selfie on the street along with a good made-up back story when your date starts asking questions), you can engage your, ahem, low range and take the bouncy road, if you get our drift. So, go get a Jeep and go get 'em, tiger.
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
My profile picture here gets so many questions from ladies asking if they'll have to compete with my Jeep. Then I usually tell them no not that one. I traded her in for a newer, younger model.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
When I had my lifted JK, I had several girls complement it and a few ask to go for a ride in in. Sadly, I wasn't single at the time. However, when trading in the JK for an '11 Camaro my gf at the time said "I don't know, all the girls are going to be all over you with that Camaro" to which I almost replied, but wisely refrained from saying "LOL you have no idea what I turned down over the years with this jeep"!!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just tried it will report back

But between 4 cars and an airplane nothing’s worked yet....still probably cheaper than the girlfriend though in the long run, then again I don’t try very hard and don’t advertise that stuff up front.

Last edited: