Jeep (Gladiator) vs Maine Ocean Tide..

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I absolutely love my Wrangler but the ads need to stop calling it “the most capable SUV ever.” I got stuck in North Carolina beach sand and used my Pathfinder to pull it out. I’ll pause while you process that. For those who don’t know what a Pathfinder is, go to your nearest mall parking lot. You’ll see 40 of them.

Calling a stock Jeep the most capable SUV ever is like calling my ex-girlfriend “the prettiest girl in the world.” How about we agree that if Claire lost 15 pounds, fixed the lazy eye, and didn’t talk (ever), she’d be reasonably attractive to someone with low self esteem? Or maybe to one of those young men playing on the US Women’s Soccer team.

Jeep should call it “upgradable to be pretty good off road.”

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Ah hell, some idiot got stuck in the mud in a stock sport gladiator. That doesn’t change the fact that the wrangler is in fact the most off road capable SUV on the market. Glad to see the idiots got rescued though.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
is that in agunquite (phonic spelling)

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
or wells. i don't think it york. beach.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I absolutely love my Wrangler but the ads need to stop calling it “the most capable SUV ever.” I got stuck in North Carolina beach sand and used my Pathfinder to pull it out. I’ll pause while you process that. For those who don’t know what a Pathfinder is, go to your nearest mall parking lot. You’ll see 40 of them.

Calling a stock Jeep the most capable SUV ever is like calling my ex-girlfriend “the prettiest girl in the world.” How about we agree that if Claire lost 15 pounds, fixed the lazy eye, and didn’t talk (ever), she’d be reasonably attractive to someone with low self esteem? Or maybe to one of those young men playing on the US Women’s Soccer team.

Jeep should call it “upgradable to be pretty good off road.”
I'll stay with "most capable SUV". Don't blame the Jeep for operator error:like:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I'll stay with "most capable SUV". Don't blame the Jeep for operator error:like:
X2. I've wheeled the ever loving crap out of 2 stock TJ's and had no issues making guys on 33's and 35's look like idiots. I plan to do the same with my JLUR. Can't blame the screwdriver if the one using it us trying to use it as a hammer.

also: @Alpha Delta and @MaineLotus is this a National Seashore that allows oversand driving? I'm heading up to York beach with my family at the end of August and did not know anywhere in ME they allow oversand travel. I'd throw $50 to the National seashore for a day of oversand driving with my wife and son. Of course, I'd be staying on the correct side of the tide....

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
X2. I've wheeled the ever loving crap out of 2 stock TJ's and had no issues making guys on 33's and 35's look like idiots. I plan to do the same with my JLUR. Can't blame the screwdriver if the one using it us trying to use it as a hammer.
:CWL: I actually laughed at loud with that one:giggle:

everything-is-a-hammer-unless-its-a-screwdriver-then-its-a-chisel.jpg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Will look like this once the salt water is done with that Jeep, if someone is stupid enough to get it stuck there they are likely stupid enough not to wash it. Zero resale value.

C2315AF0-44AE-47BE-B953-3903EB351196.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t fix stupid with hammer or screwdriver :facepalm: