Jeep Gladiator shocks on a Jeep JLU

ajmcmanus

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
I'm new to the forum, but not new to Jeeps I'm buying a new Jeep Gladiator and I have people wanting to buy the fox shocks off my jeep Gladiator to put on their jeep JLU. Can anyone confirm my shocks will fit their JLU because I don't want to rip anyone off?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If they’re wanting to buy them, you’re not ripping them off! That said, should bolt up fine but the valving is probably different so it will effect the ride on the JL.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If they’re wanting to buy them, you’re not ripping them off! That said, should bolt up fine but the valving is probably different so it will effect the ride on the JL.
How so? I was interested in this question myself?

Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How so? I was interested in this question myself?
The rear on the gladiator is a direct replica of the Ram 1500 and is designed to be more tow oriented than the JL. So the spring rates and valving of the shock will most likely be different to handle higher loading capacity. The fronts may be different too but highly unlikely.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
The mounting of the rear shocks, along with their lengths, travel, valving, and mounting width of the top, would be wrong for a JL.
Sponsored