First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler 2door 6 speed
Occupation
Contractor
I am new to the forum, I purchased a 2019 CPO Jeep JL. I was thinking of adding an extended since the 2.0 etorque could be expensive if something goes wrong down the road. Would appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

motownsax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Turbo
Told by a dealer in Phoenix that this motor is VERY reliable.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was thinking of adding an extended since the 2.0 etorque could be expensive if something goes wrong down the road. Would appreciate the feedback.
If you only want to buy it to cover eTorque then don’t waste your money. Hybrid systems are not covered by Jeep’s MaxCare extended coverage policy.

A few parts of the system (BSG, 48V battery) are covered by the federal emissions 8yr/80k. So you get a little bit of extra time there but the rest of the system isn’t covered.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am new to the forum, I purchased a 2019 CPO Jeep JL. I was thinking of adding an extended since the 2.0 etorque could be expensive if something goes wrong down the road. Would appreciate the feedback.
Depends on what they plan on charging you. I would definitely shop around. You can usually get a Mopar Extended warranty for around 1000 or under if you do some research. I recommend you meander on over to the issues part of this forum. Over 100 pages of issues listed in under 3 years, and that's just the individuals that sign up for the forum. Don't listen to the people on here to just brush off that section of the forum, I did that and it came back to sting me right in the ass.

I would normally never EVER recommend extended warranties but with these JLs it would be a good choice in my opinion.

For the record I have an Mopar Extended Warranty, FCA paid for it out of pocket after I had my engine apart twice and the transmission dropped in 2 other separate incidents. 7yr/65k full coverage warranty with 100dollar deductible. Once that warranty is up I plan on unloading my JLR.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Does the Mopar extended warranty cover electronics like the 8.4 uconnect?