Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ok, that’s the worst video describing a product I’ve ever seen…… guy pulling it all over the country side, and you get to see it set up in the last seconds of the video…… in the dark………:facepalm:
They’re certainly trying to appeal to the folks who want to look a certain part. Those Instagram and YT bros/broettes will be falling over themselves for this. 🤣
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They’re certainly trying to appeal to the folks who want to look a certain part. Those Instagram and YT bros/broettes will be falling over themselves for this. 🤣
Lol……indeed….. all I know is, if this trailer is gonna follow me it’s gonna need a 3.5” lift and some long travel shocks……. And, those feet will have to be removed, I can see them tripping me up…..😂

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Lol……indeed….. all I know is, if this trailer is gonna follow me it’s gonna need a 3.5” lift and some long travel shocks……. And, those feet will have to be removed, I can see them tripping me up…..😂
As soon as I saw those stabilizer legs I thought there was no one, who actually goes out on real trails, will see this as a legit trailer.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Jeep branded over landing trailer : https://www.addaxoverland.com/jeep

jeep-1.jpg

Press Release:

The Jeep® Brand Announces Unprecedented Overlanding Trailer Co-Launch With ADDAX Overland™

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 04, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Jeep® brand and ADDAX OverlandTM are proud to launch the Jeep Branded Edition by ADDAX Overland Trailer.

Inspired by the U.S. military's all-but-indestructible surveillance trailers, and engineered by the team that set a world land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats, the Jeep Branded Edition has set the new benchmark for off-road overlanding performance, capability and comfort.

Boasting an unprecedented dry weight of just 850 pounds, Jeep adventure seekers can now tow a 1,200 pound payload up previously unfathomable terrain—all without compromising a Jeep brand vehicle's signature stability and efficiency. The Jeep Branded Edition's high-strength, lightweight engineering makes it the perfect companion for technical rock climbers and beginner off-roaders alike. And thanks to the Jeep Branded Edition's foldable tongue and compact 5-foot-by-6 foot dimensions, even those adventurers with limited garage space can always be ready to get off the grid.

The Jeep Branded Edition's independent torsion axle trailer suspension system provides an aggressive 17 inches of ground clearance for maximum maneuverability, control and comfort. And the 3/16 inch military-grade steel chassis and 14-gauge steel body are seamlessly bent instead of welded to deliver industry-leading durability. The Jeep Branded Edition comes standard with a robust 35 cubic square feet of storage; four 8,000 pound stabilizing corner jacks; a foldable tongue; an articulating hitch; a rear receiver hitch and a heavy-duty, custom rack for endless mounting possibilities.

"We are proud to have earned the Jeep brand's trust by creating a trailer that can conquer any terrain" says ADDAX CEO Kirk Jowers. "We are excited to continue to engage with Jeep in engineering the most innovative and comprehensive line of overlanding products for the Jeep brand's loyal community."

"Together with the team at ADDAX, we are excited to announce the co-launch of the most cutting-edge overland trailer on the planet," said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep Brand North America. "The Jeep Branded Edition by ADDAX can truly follow a Jeep Trail-Rated® vehicle anywhere and demonstrates the Jeep Brand's commitment to empowering our community with the gold standard in overlanding performance. Thanks to the Jeep Branded Edition, adventurers can now enjoy the most beautiful and remote places on Earth even longer."

Off-roading enthusiasts and Jeep brand loyalists will be able to secure a sneak peek of the Jeep Branded Edition by ADDAX at SEMA's New Product Showcase, Overlanding Exhibit and Booth 60119 during Nov. 1-4, 2022.

MOPAR, JEEP, DODGE, HEMI, PLYMOUTH, RAM, SRT, CHRYSLER and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by ADDAX Overland, LLC.

About ADDAX Overland

Built upon a combined 60 years of off-road industry chops, ADDAX Overland is proud to create the world's most rugged, reliable, and trailblazing overlanding trailers. Our innovative spirit secured a world land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. And our thirst for open-air freedom drives our uncompromising pursuit of the ultimate in overlanding performance. We're based in the backyard of Moab, Utah—Jeep's home away from home—and we pride ourselves in pushing our trailers to the limit on the iconic red-rock terrain. Forged in the U.S.A. Tested in Hell.™

VIDEO

PHOTOS

download (8).jpeg

4cea06733f8e0c066154f7eaee9e.png

download (9).jpeg

download (7).jpeg

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

download (3).jpeg

download (4).jpeg
Meh, the wife doesn't like pooping outside.....

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Very expensive for what it is. My m416 was about $10k to build and paint to match my JK (paint was a huge chuck of that money). That’s half what Jeep wants. seems way over priced since I built my trailer with a F’ a budget, do what you want mentality
My trailer looks more jeep like to me, and has a lot more storage. While I don’t have an RTT, the rack is designed to house one. Wilco hitch tire carrier to carry the spare in that case.

I plan on eventually painting it to better match my JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Edition ADDAX Overland Trailer Announced 3256329E-CDD9-48B7-AB48-BC96A8E49DBB

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Edition ADDAX Overland Trailer Announced 91BD56D4-E136-4E71-874C-BB8E5B60D8E0

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Edition ADDAX Overland Trailer Announced DD1EEFEC-7A6E-4D40-86B0-4C467C50142C

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Edition ADDAX Overland Trailer Announced 8B66762B-4071-4B5E-8422-223E550AF449

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
It'd be substantially cheaper to build an M416 out. Granted if you want turn key it's gonna cost you either way
And that’s what the folks buying this want. Turnkey. Pay and drive away.
The same people that drive a nice Jeep, Taco, whatever… and when you ask them “What kind of (sliders, wheels, bumper, etc) they say “I don’t know. I had a shop do it.”

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
It'd be substantially cheaper to build an M416 out. Granted if you want turn key it's gonna cost you either way
From my experience (this is my first trailer build) doing it for less is harder than you might think. Buying hardware from China can be risky, it's generally softer metal and galls easily, so I've been purchasing hardware from McMaster-Carr, there are certainly less expensive Chinese components - 12v refrigerators, diesel heaters, electrical components but you really have to have first hand knowledge of which ones work and which ones don't or buy non Chinese products like Dometic, Webasto or Planar, and Carling switches for example. If all you want a trailer for is to carry your RTT ten miles from home to camp at the beach then you can certainly build a less expensive trailer. If on the other hand your going off grid in remote places that might take hours or days to get there, that's generally a way more expensive build. You need to give serious consideration to whether you can trust the components your using to keep you safe from the elements.

I'm not suggesting that people don't use Chinese products, I have chosen to rely less on them where feasible, but at a higher cost. What you do get by DIY is better value and a trailer that is purpose built for your needs. I'll probably have everybit of $19K invested in my trailer, but I know that when the zombie apocalypse begins I can climb over mountains of bodies "safely." That cute Jeep trailer, not so much. Just depends on what you want to use them for.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
From my experience (this is my first trailer build) doing it for less is harder than you might think. Buying hardware from China can be risky, it's generally softer metal and galls easily, so I've been purchasing hardware from McMaster-Carr, there are certainly less expensive Chinese components - 12v refrigerators, diesel heaters, electrical components but you really have to have first hand knowledge of which ones work and which ones don't or buy non Chinese products like Dometic, Webasto or Planar, and Carling switches for example. If all you want a trailer for is to carry your RTT ten miles from home to camp at the beach then you can certainly build a less expensive trailer. If on the other hand your going off grid in remote places that might take hours or days to get there, that's generally a way more expensive build. You need to give serious consideration to whether you can trust the components your using to keep you safe from the elements.

I'm not suggesting that people don't use Chinese products, I have chosen to rely less on them where feasible, but at a higher cost. What you do get by DIY is better value and a trailer that is purpose built for your needs. I'll probably have everybit of $19K invested in my trailer, but I know that when the zombie apocalypse begins I can climb over mountains of bodies "safely." That cute Jeep trailer, not so much. Just depends on what you want to use them for.
McMaster is very expensive. I love their website and they sell good hardware, but you can get just as good of hardware from Fastenal, All West, Tacoma Screw (suppliers in my area) and I'm sure there is a slew of them in your area. Avoid Home Depot and Lowes at all cost for hardware. I've had pretty good luck with my local hardware McDaniels (an Ace owned hardware) for hardware with good finishes. I find the big box stores hardware finish is junk and that leads to failure and rust very quickly.

I did build my trailer in 2016, which was would have been a lot cheaper then than now. While it was my first trailer build, I had built vehicles many times prior... A couple from ground up. It took me about a year to do (had to work on it occasionally because I'm a family man), and most of that was just researching and planning it all out which is key to do it right and not spend a ton by having lots of small hardware shipments, or having to replace things because they don't work. I read my product manuals before buying to make sure I knew what was needed to make it work before I bought. With the JLs I have to redo my electrical system because of the smart alternator. This sucks because originally my trailer worked with any vehicle that had a 7pin connection (trailer has its own battery), but now I need to run some sort of ignition line for my trailer battery to charge via 7pin power lead. I know a way to make this work, but haven't fully looked into it to know what I think is the best setup.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

I'm very well aware what it costs to build one of these as I have spent a bunch on my Schutt M1102 and it's no where near done. Ends up being way more than one would think but still less than a turnkey build.
Yes, you will have in yours what this costs. However yours will be fully done to your use case, whereas the cost of this is bare bones I would imagine. Just like with the Xventure trailers made by Schutt, which is VERY similar to the M1102. There's no way a similarly built M1102 will ever cost what the Xventure XV2 does. Precisely because you aren't paying someone to build it out.

BTW, good call on McMaster-Carr. That's who I have used for a decade for random hardware in my machine shop and for my custom knife work. Helps a bunch that they have a will call warehouse here in Atlanta.

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Ok, that’s the worst video describing a product I’ve ever seen…… guy pulling it all over the country side, and you get to see it set up in the last seconds of the video…… in the dark………:facepalm:
agree 100% - was waiting for what the trailer really is, layout, operating etc etc...what I learned if I want to convert $20k to something I can pull around, I can buy one of these - wonder what else it does - besides the obvious - mount a roof top tent....

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
agree 100% - was waiting for what the trailer really is, layout, operating etc etc...what I learned if I want to convert $20k to something I can pull around, I can buy one of these - wonder what else it does - besides the obvious - mount a roof top tent....
Exactly……. I kept waiting for those support feet to get caught on a cigarette butt or something……..:devil:

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Uh…a 2 wheel tent carrier for 15K? No thanks.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Exactly……. I kept waiting for those support feet to get caught on a cigarette butt or something……..:devil:
They aren't that bad... well the rear ones anyway. The front ones look like they could easily become land anchors in some break over situations. I'm not 100% sure how the fronts would be, but if they are above the line from the tire to pivot point on the tongue then would be okay unless there is a rock protruding up. I've been on some mild trails where the trail goes up and down (fun) but with a trailer the tongue can get very close to hitting the ground on those mounds with a "gully" shape on each side of it.

But I am with you, I don't like any kind of protrusion sticking down. I like flat surfaces that I would slide on if I contact them.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They aren't that bad... well the rear ones anyway. The front ones look like they could easily become land anchors in some break over situations. I'm not 100% sure how the fronts would be, but if they are above the line from the tire to pivot point on the tongue then would be okay unless there is a rock protruding up. I've been on some mild trails where the trail goes up and down (fun) but with a trailer the tongue can get very close to hitting the ground on those mounds with a "gully" shape on each side of it.

But I am with you, I don't like any kind of protrusion sticking down. I like flat surfaces that I would slide on if I contact them.
I didn’t even see the back ones, lol…. But I couldn’t bring myself to look away when the dude was hauling ass down the trail…..😬

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I didn’t even see the back ones, lol…. But I couldn’t bring myself to look away when the dude was hauling ass down the trail…..😬
Yeah the bumper cam video with them dangling down like they does bring anxiety for them to just dig in. While I would not design a trailer like that or want that on a trailer I drag around they may be high enough to be okay.

Personally i don't understand why they don't make those removable or rotate out of the way. Even if they are perfectly fine where they are, they do make one question it. My tongue jack is on a tube and with a pull of a pin it can be vertical or horizontal.
Sponsored

Last edited: