Sponsored

Jeep Ecodiesel FAIL...3rd time to the dealer in a month for low oil pressure warning light...ugh

OP
OP
Snowscraper

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
Hi there. We see you sent us a private message as well. We will continue to work with you there regarding these concerns.

Kate
Jeep Cares
2 weeks now at the Jeep dealership,
and they haven't even started to work on my vehicle yet! How are you continuing to work with me again on getting this fixed??
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
2 weeks now at the Jeep dealership,
and they haven't even started to work on my vehicle yet! How are you continuing to work with me again on getting this fixed??
Sneak onto their lot at night, seat the oil filter properly, and...voila. Easy peasy.

CapnKing

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.0 diesel
Try removing and reinstalling your oil filter using surgeon-like precision - and completely by the book. Make sure you also clean the inside of the housing where the filter is screwed in. And, as KNN said, your torque wrench is your friend. My guess is even your dealer is doing it wrong. Not "wrong" exactly, just doing it the way they've done it with every other vehicle.

On my 2nd go-around, even though I'd learned the trick from oil change #1, I still had to reinstall the filter a second time to eliminate the low pressure warning.

I would guess that your issue is as simple as that.
Can you remove the filter without draining the oil? I have this same issue

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Yes, you can, you'll lose whatever is in the filter and bowl, you'll just have to top off the oil when your done.
Was your issue resolved since last summer? Was it just the oil filter seating as Rick mentioned or an electrical gremlin or something different? Or did you Lemon Law the Jeep?

Did @JeepCares ever get involved to a point that you felt they were helping?

Sponsored

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
Currently at the dealer for they're 3rd attempt to fix this same problem...intermittent low oil pressure warning with a check engine light. I've owned this vehicle now for two months...Only 2800 miles. If it comes back after this time, per Georgia Lemon Law I can begin the Lemon Law process, and they get one more final attempt at repairing it. So far I can't say anything good about the Jeep brand or the service departments I've dealt with. No sense of urgency at all, I'm just another dumb schmuck who bought a Jeep. Jeep Cares called me today, told me they haven't even started looking at the problem, and it's been at the dealer a week already. Worst vehicle purchase I've made in my life!! :facepalm:
Sucks, I spent $4900 in the last two weeks trying to fix a overheat issue with my Wifes 2015 Rubicon, twice to the dealer for the same problem, will not go back to this place. Don't give up your dream, my 2020 Diesel wrangler is my favorite vehicle, 35k miles and not one issue.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you remove the filter without draining the oil? I have this same issue
Yes. It'll make a little mess, but I use a big Ziploc baggy (gallon size???) underneath the filter to (mostly) catch the drops.

CapnKing

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.0 diesel
I have re-seated the oil filter and oil pressure is normal while driving but if I turn the engine off and restart it goes back to low oil pressure! I even replaced the new oil filter with another new oil filter and have the same issue

CapnKing

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.0 diesel
I have re-seated the oil filter and oil pressure is normal while driving but if I turn the engine off and restart it goes back to low oil pressure! I even replaced the new oil filter with another new oil filter and have the same issue
I found the issue--although I tightened finger tight and then with a torque wrench to 18.5lbs the filter was not seated. Torqued it further and that eliminated the issue.

OP
OP
Snowscraper

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
Good to hear. Jeepcares and the two dealership I worked with were totally useless! This forum and its members were the main reason I got it fixed. Mine was the same issue, oil filter not fully seated.

Sponsored

AZtorque

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel, 06 Rubicon LJ
Having the same issue with my 3.0. First oil change the dealer did and I had low oil pressure sometimes, not others. took it back and they said they "fixed" the oil filter and re-flashed the computer. I decided to do the second oil change myself, been working on cars for 40 years. Torqued filter I got from the dealership down to 25 NM (18.4ftlbs) and used recommended oil. All was fine for first 3 starts then got intermittent low oil pressure warnings I triple checked torque on filter, removed it, checked o rings and reinstalled to proper torque. Issue continued. Took it to the dealer they first said I didn't put the filter on to right spec, then said I used a bad filter (which I got from them) then tried to charge me a $250 diagnostic fee. They eventually re-flashed the computer, charged me nothing and sent me home. Who knows what the real issue is. Next time I'm disconnecting the battery so the computer can't sense the oil change happening. Sounds stupid but I don't know what else to do.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had a similar issue the first two times I changed the oil. It was resolved both times by pulling the oil filter, carefully relubing the o-rings, and torquing the filter.

See post #15 https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/oil-filter-r-r.77569/#post-1684231

I and believe or not, I never considered invoking a lemon law situation. On this forum that arrow gets pulled from the quiver WAY too quickly.

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
I had a similar issue the first two times I changed the oil. It was resolved both times by pulling the oil filter, carefully relubing the o-rings, and torquing the filter.

See post #15 https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/oil-filter-r-r.77569/#post-1684231

I and believe or not, I never considered invoking a lemon law situation. On this forum that arrow gets pulled from the quiver WAY too quickly.
This is happening to mine after changing oil this weekend. Only happens after oil gets completely warmed up and then it idles around 8psi. Pulled the filter and tried to reseat it once already. May try the second filter I bought.

I also installed a Fumoto valve. Anyone had issues with them and low oil pressure?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is happening to mine after changing oil this weekend. Only happens after oil gets completely warmed up and then it idles around 8psi. Pulled the filter and tried to reseat it once already. May try the second filter I bought.

I also installed a Fumoto valve. Anyone had issues with them and low oil pressure?
I have the Fumoto - no issues. My best advice is to be METHODICAL in prelubing the two o-rings. The first two times I changed the oil I had to pull the filter and relube. The next two times I nailed it straight away. The oil pressure should settle in at ~20psi at idle. FWIW, my issue showed up as soon as I started it (oil pressure light); it didn't wait for warm up.

Tim, give it one more shot. On this, slow and steady wins the race.

JL Diesel

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JL Diesel Sport S
I have the Fumoto - no issues. My best advice is to be METHODICAL in prelubing the two o-rings. The first two times I changed the oil I had to pull the filter and relube. The next two times I nailed it straight away. The oil pressure should settle in at ~20psi at idle. FWIW, my issue showed up as soon as I started it (oil pressure light); it didn't wait for warm up.

Tim, give it one more shot. On this, slow and steady wins the race.
Ya it’s starting to bug me because it shouldn’t be this hard ha. The second time I even oiled the plastic threads along with the o rings. What final torque did you use? I bumped it up a bit to 22 ft-lbs this second time.
Sponsored