Sponsored

Jeep Ecodiesel FAIL...3rd time to the dealer in a month for low oil pressure warning light...ugh

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
Currently at the dealer for they're 3rd attempt to fix this same problem...intermittent low oil pressure warning with a check engine light. I've owned this vehicle now for two months...Only 2800 miles. If it comes back after this time, per Georgia Lemon Law I can begin the Lemon Law process, and they get one more final attempt at repairing it. So far I can't say anything good about the Jeep brand or the service departments I've dealt with. No sense of urgency at all, I'm just another dumb schmuck who bought a Jeep. Jeep Cares called me today, told me they haven't even started looking at the problem, and it's been at the dealer a week already. Worst vehicle purchase I've made in my life!! :facepalm:
Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Sorry you got a lemon. I had a 2015 suburban with at least 20 different problems in the first 2 years. Finally got them to buy it back. Got a 2017 Suburban that has been flawless. I also have a 6cyl Subaru outback that has had way more problems than it should have with 112k miles on it. Not enough to be a lemon, but till has cost me $3k in the past 20k miles for non-wear repairs for things like sensors, power seats, sunroof.

Last edited:

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Currently at the dealer for they're 3rd attempt to fix this same problem...intermittent low oil pressure warning with a check engine light. I've owned this vehicle now for two months...Only 2800 miles. If it comes back after this time, per Georgia Lemon Law I can begin the Lemon Law process, and they get one more final attempt at repairing it. So far I can't say anything good about the Jeep brand or the service departments I've dealt with. No sense of urgency at all, I'm just another dumb schmuck who bought a Jeep. Jeep Cares called me today, told me they haven't even started looking at the problem, and it's been at the dealer a week already. Worst vehicle purchase I've made in my life!! :facepalm:
You should trade it in and buy a different vehicle.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
As part of the Lemon Law process, they have to buy it back or give you a replacement.
Sure, that's an option too.
I guess it depends how you value you time.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm sure I"d be pissed off too, but there's a lot of drama in your post. Have you asked if they checked the filter o-ring? The first time I replaced my oil/filter, I had the same indications. Took the filter off again, wet the o-ring with oil, problem gone.

OP
OP
Snowscraper

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
I'm sure I"d be pissed off too, but there's a lot of drama in your post. Have you asked if they checked the filter o-ring? The first time I replaced my oil/filter, I had the same indications. Took the filter off again, wet the o-ring with oil, problem gone.

Lol....lots of frustration. Yeah, they checked that. The service manager flat out said he had no idea what was going on. Said he was going to refer it to a tech rep, but they never did follow up on it.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lol....lots of frustration. Yeah, they checked that. The service manager flat out said he had no idea what was going on. Said he was going to refer it to a tech rep, but they never did follow up on it.
Sounds like a pretty crappy dealer. Sorry and good luck.

Sponsored

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Sorry you are having issues but that's why every car manufacturer has a service department and you have a warranty. Being new doesn't exempt it from breaking down. There could be a hundred different reasons that warning is coming up and can be tough tracking down.
Hopefully they find the issue soon and you can get back to enjoying your jeep.

OP
OP
Snowscraper

Snowscraper

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Ecodiesel
Sorry you are having issues but that's why every car manufacturer has a service department and you have a warranty. Being new doesn't exempt it from breaking down. There could be a hundred different reasons that warning is coming up and can be tough tracking down.
Hopefully they find the issue soon and you can get back to enjoying your jeep.
Thanks, hoping for the best
Sponsored