Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FCA Enhances Online Retailing Experience
  • Online Retailing Experience to now be called E-Shop
  • Test drive appointments, online chats and other features to be added to E-Shop
October 21, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA is enhancing consumer capability to buy a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, Fiat or Alfa Romeo vehicle over the internet by offering several new features to the Online Retailing Experience, which will now be known as E-Shop.

“Six months ago, we pulled forward the national launch of E-Shop to help our dealers who were attempting to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic,” U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor said. “Little did we know what a powerful tool E-Shop would become. About 45 percent of FCA’s monthly sales originated from an internet lead; last year it was about 25 percent. Consumers say E-Shop gives them more transparency, while dealers say the entire process, including home delivery, allows them to create a strong bond with the shopper.”

E-Shop is a premium one-stop platform that allows customers extensive choice and the ability to complete the entire vehicle purchasing process online, including pricing information, trade-in value of the current vehicle, financial lending options, e-signature to complete final paperwork and, in most cases, scheduling home delivery. E-Shop is accessible through the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat and Alfa Romeowebsites, participating dealer sites and a variety of social media applications.

Online shopping traffic across the dealer network has increased more than 65 percent since the launch of E-Shop. Customers who complete the process online are spending less time in the dealership and more time learning about the new features of their vehicles, making the purchase process more enjoyable.

“We had always envisioned E-Shop as a digital backbone onto which we could bolt new, cutting-edge elements that put the customer first,” said Marissa Hunter, Head of Marketing, FCA - North America. “Ecommerce continues to be an integral tool in our marketing suite, providing audiences the ability to experience and shop our brands from the comfort of their homes. We're only getting started. Internal intelligence, early customer and dealer feedback, are shaping the next phase of E-Shop, giving our brands and dealer body a sophisticated online tool to drive more excitement, affinity and trust in the shopping process."

Other features will include:
  • Online Chats – Launching today, consumers can have their questions answered in real time via online chatting
  • Test Drive Appointments – Shoppers can schedule a time to test drive a vehicle before entering a showroom, reducing the wait time for time-constrained consumers. This feature will be available by December
  • Reservations – In a service integrated with PayPal, shoppers who see a vehicle online can access their PayPal accounts to put down a refundable reservation. This feature will be available by November
  • Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles / Used Vehicle Sales – Dealers will have the opportunity to list their entire certified pre-owned vehicle and used vehicle inventories on E-Shop. This feature will be available by December
FCA and its dealers are committed to make E-Shop one of the most competitive tools in the automotive industry. New technologies, designed to improve customer convenience, will be added to E-Shop on an ongoing basis.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Big question,

How are you going to get a discount with this model? I had to search and call several dealers before I found the one willing to give me the biggest discount.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Big question,

How are you going to get a discount with this model? I had to search and call several dealers before I found the one willing to give me the biggest discount.
My thoughts exactly... The pricing should be lower because the dealerships aren't having to pay inventory, additional staffing, etc... However, as a salesman, it sucks for people to buy online...

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
My thoughts exactly... The pricing should be lower because the dealerships aren't having to pay inventory, additional staffing, etc... However, as a salesman, it sucks for people to buy online...
So it looks like there must be a collaboration with the manufacturers and dealers. Because if they head in this direction, they’re going to be a lot of dealerships out of business. Including but not limited to sales people.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
So it looks like there must be a collaboration with the manufacturers and dealers. Because if they head in this direction, they’re going to be a lot of dealerships out of business. Including but not limited to sales people.
In my line of work, we are having to adapt to new ways of buying, but if it keeps heading in the current direction, I'll be looking for a job...

Sponsored

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
E-Shop doesn't let you filter Packages. Old way ( which is still available online) is way better. Filter options. Drive, Doors, Trim, Color, Engine Desc, Transmission.

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Just tried testing the waters with Jeep E-shop online but the site is only pushing to sell the current inventory from the surrounding dealers. I have not been able find the option to custom order one.

Does not seem like anything new.

RT

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
In my line of work, we are having to adapt to new ways of buying, but if it keeps heading in the current direction, I'll be looking for a job...
I hear you. My buddy owns a home theatre company which I’m involved with. Over the years online shoppers have made it wicked difficult. We have had to move in multiple different directions but it has leveled out finally but it took a solid 10 years. It’s still not what it used to be but his business is word of mouth so we usually don’t have issues getting the jobs. It’s just when we get in and plan is where it starts to get wonky woth product.

JeepGA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is a clear data point that suggests that dealer business models might be shifting to distribution centers and maintenance. Not a great time to be a dealer (for any brand). Those days may be coming to a close.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I tried this prior to ordering my JLUR. The price ends up being high(MSRP) but the trade in ends up being very high as well. So, if trading in - it ended up being a good option. Problem was that it did not work. I tried to order the Jeep via delivery and have them then inspect and pickup my trade. In the end, they said they couldn’t do it and I would need to work with a salesman and bring my trade in for a new appraisal. So, it basically did nothing and was the same as just calling.

Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Honestly - I think this E-shop thingy is just Jeep COPYING what Ford is doing where there were overwhelming demand for Broncos when it was first announced and that people can put deposit towards their Broncos and the dealership will contact them.

orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Clubs

More and more manufacturers will be moving to this Tesla-type model, especially with the nonsense dealers like to pull
Sponsored

Last edited: