c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned, I fully support it in spirit. For those who enjoy it, god bless you. If what I said makes you sad. I am sorry. Take one of them ducks from your jeep, put it next to your pillow and sleep it off.

Again. For those who choose not to participate, here is the link:

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/de...cea7f5?sellable=4wAnvwa2Xwh49Q2banjO-1459-215

Good quality clear vinyl sticker. Quick delivery, too.
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned, I fully support it in spirit. For those who enjoy it, god bless you. If what I said makes you sad. I am sorry. Take one of them ducks from your jeep, put it next to your pillow and sleep it off.

Again. For those who choose not to participate, here is the link:

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/de...cea7f5?sellable=4wAnvwa2Xwh49Q2banjO-1459-215

Good quality clear vinyl sticker. Quick delivery, too.
I can't see your sticker maybe make it bigger. So here is your Duck.

WP_000209.jpg

20210920_203551.jpg

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I'm going to use this old thread to save on space from making a new thread on the exact same subject.

So I've never really cared for the duck duck Jeep thing, I've always thought it was kind of dumb and really for the ladies of the Jeep world. I don't really know too many guys that are hardcore into ducking. But I know a lot of women who that seems to be their thing.

Anyways, point of the matter, Is it just me or is it almost always the most OEM Wranglers are the ones that have the most ducks?

Like I've seen some pretty nice looking Wranglers lifts 37s, off-road lights that have a lot of ducks in the window, but I also noticed those ones tend to be pretty clean. Like you don't see a speck of dirt anywhere. I also noticed that the most tricked out off-road worthy Wranglers, I almost never see ducks on them. However the guys who got the chrome package and is still stock years later tend to be the ones who don't have a dashboard anymore, instead they have ducks. I can't be the only one who sees this. Does anyone else see this too?

Edit: also, what self-righteous Jeep owners are ducking stock Wranglers? Like if I do happen to get a duck which I never seem to get ducks, but if I do get a duck you better believe I'm only going to give it to someone who's got an OP Wrangler!

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
We own a stock Rubicon. It meets my needs to get me to the hunting spots I need to get to.

I don’t plan on lifts or as many of y’all mention are a true 4X4. Well we have had Jeeps since 1960’s and they have always taken us to where we wanted to go. So my thoughts is, there is nothing wrong with stock Jeeps. Use them as you wish. Now don’t get me wrong I see nothing wrong with Jeeps that have been heavily modified. I just don’t have the need. I’ve driven the stock Rubicon through 10 inch snow on unplowed roads with no problems.

Now as far as ducks go. I have no feeling one way or the other. But it gives me something to give away to kids we run into. In fact it is kind of fun to see their faces light up when you give them a duck. I never put these on my dash. That is reserved for my GoPro. But to each their own. It’s their Jeep and they can do what they wish with it. As long as you pay for the Jeep, do you.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Heck, I’ll throw my two cents in…

I kinda enjoy the duck thing. It’s something that is unique to the Jeep wrangler community, and is completely meant to be a goodwill gesture toward your fellow jeepers. Being that we own the most rugged and customizable vehicle out there, I just see it as a community show of support, if anything just to say, “Hey, that’s a cool Jeep you got there! Nice job! Have a nice day!”

And sure, I suppose I’ve probably been ducked by more women or kids than grown men since I’ve had my Jeep, but when I go to Jeep meets and other local events, I do see the guys getting in on the fun too. It’s all about sending positive vibes. Not every man that drives a Jeep has to be a “big, burly, my shit don’t stink, keep away from my vehicle and off my lawn, anti-ducker.” 😂 Have a sense of humor. Someone’s just trying to be friendly, even if you aren’t.

The best part about it is that it is a small, positive, random thing you can do to that can help make someone’s day. I’ve actually had it happen a couple of times where someone actually return-ducked me after I ducked them, and actually took the time to hand-write a small “thank you for helping to make my day better” note along with their duck. Maybe it’s just the community I live in, but where I am, it seems like a pretty regular and accepted practice.

Another point is that the kids really do like it, too. Jeeps should be fun, and I know when I was a kid growing up, my Matchbox Jeep was my favorite one I played with! 😊 Anything that entertains the kids and makes them want to become jeepers when they get older is only a good thing for the overall Jeep community.

As far as ducks on my dash, I only keep the ones on the dash that I’ve gotten from others. When I give them out, I try to make it fun by being apropos - I’ve had golfer ducks for the golf course. I had George Washington/American ducks for Presidents Day and July 4th. Again, all in good fun. Some of the ducks I’ve received have been apropos too - A neighbor of mine is a police officer and Jeep owner, and he ducked me with a SWAT duck…pretty cool. A local BBQ restaurant owner who is also a Jeeper actually got me with a pig while I was inside his establishment eating. I got my chicken-duck when I was inside eating at Chck-fil-a not that long ago. Fun times!

They always put a smile on my face 👍😊 So you do you, I’ll do me. End of wall of text. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 68D9B84D-6A31-42F6-BD6C-1BD69E2B0BA7

Dan28

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '17 HD FLHXS, '22 Honda CRF450RL
So, I've been planning on a Wrangler or Bronco for a couple years, but was holding off till my Harley was paid off. Had been around Jeeps off and on since I was a kid. Had never heard of the duck thing. My closest friend has a '19 Willys I've ridden in and driven quite a bit. Last summer, I noticed a bunch of ducks on his dash. I didn't ask him about it, just figured it was his toddler daughters toys. I mean, she collects rocks too, so it wasn't a stretch to assume they were hers. Anyway this fall I'm on a Zoom meeting with my boss and some others, he had just got a new Gladiator and somebody in the meeting asked if he had been "ducked" yet. Thats when I found out about ducking and all the ducks on my buddy's Willys then made sense. Turns out his wife and daughters really do enjoy the ducking thing, he could care less.

While I had planned to buy a new Wrangler. I had some minor issues with my Mustang and on a whim decided to look up what was on the used market. Well, I ended up buying up my '19 JLUR a couple weeks ago. It is pretty much stock except for an aftermarket front bumper (and while I think it looks ok, its a bargain front bumper). I didn't expect to get ducked because my Jeep is stock. Anyway, while at work I got a call from a coworker who was loaning me some tools. He said he was placing them by my Jeep and noticed a duck on my door handle. I started laughing and explained to him what it was about. There is a 2-door JK that parks in our garage and it came in that morning while I was getting something out the passenger side, so I assumed they ducked me. Turns out, it was my friend who is also into Jeeps. Peeps in her family have them and her ex did, so her son has a bunch of ducks, she did my first one and tried to find one with orange on it since I have an orange Jeep.

I don't see myself placing any duckies myself, but I'm not going to get mad about receiving them. Maybe if I start receiving a bunch of ducks, I could see myself then ducking others just to get rid of them.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've been planning on a Wrangler or Bronco for a couple years, but was holding off till my Harley was paid off. Had been around Jeeps off and on since I was a kid. Had never heard of the duck thing. My closest friend has a '19 Willys I've ridden in and driven quite a bit. Last summer, I noticed a bunch of ducks on his dash. I didn't ask him about it, just figured it was his toddler daughters toys. I mean, she collects rocks too, so it wasn't a stretch to assume they were hers. Anyway this fall I'm on a Zoom meeting with my boss and some others, he had just got a new Gladiator and somebody in the meeting asked if he had been "ducked" yet. Thats when I found out about ducking and all the ducks on my buddy's Willys then made sense. Turns out his wife and daughters really do enjoy the ducking thing, he could care less.

While I had planned to buy a new Wrangler. I had some minor issues with my Mustang and on a whim decided to look up what was on the used market. Well, I ended up buying up my '19 JLUR a couple weeks ago. It is pretty much stock except for an aftermarket front bumper (and while I think it looks ok, its a bargain front bumper). I didn't expect to get ducked because my Jeep is stock. Anyway, while at work I got a call from a coworker who was loaning me some tools. He said he was placing them by my Jeep and noticed a duck on my door handle. I started laughing and explained to him what it was about. There is a 2-door JK that parks in our garage and it came in that morning while I was getting something out the passenger side, so I assumed they ducked me. Turns out, it was my friend who is also into Jeeps. Peeps in her family have them and her ex did, so her son has a bunch of ducks, she did my first one and tried to find one with orange on it since I have an orange Jeep.

I don't see myself placing any duckies myself, but I'm not going to get mad about receiving them. Maybe if I start receiving a bunch of ducks, I could see myself then ducking others just to get rid of them.
if you end up with too many duckies, you could always mount a few of them on the handlebars of your Harley.......one of two things will happen; #1- other Harley riders will be afraid to mess with you (only a real bad-ass would do such a thing), or #2- you'll get the shit beat out of you
Happy Ducking

Sponsored

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
We have a stock 18 Sport S and got a duck the other day. We decided to get in the game and bought a 50 pack but have not decided yet our personal criteria to give out a duck.

Dan28

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '17 HD FLHXS, '22 Honda CRF450RL
if you end up with too many duckies, you could always mount a few of them on the handlebars of your Harley.......one of two things will happen; #1- other Harley riders will be afraid to mess with you (only a real bad-ass would do such a thing), or #2- you'll get the shit beat out of you
Happy Ducking

I got a chuckle out of some of the early negetive replies about people touching another's Jeep to place a duck. Man, they would fit right at home on some of the Harley/motorcycle forums about not touching another person's bike.

Actually though, I would never sit on or touch somebody else's bike uninvited. I've owned bikes since 2001 and I've never caught anybody on one of mine but I've let a lot of people (mostly kids) sit on it after they asked. In the end, its a physical object that you can't take with you when you leave this earth but seeing a little kid smile and pretend they are out tearing it up, well that just puts a smile on my face almost as big as the one I just gave them. Not every biker shares my opinion though and sitting on or touching one uninvited is a good way to possibly lose some teeth if it happens to be the wrong person who catches you.

Maybe I'll get some rubber Eagles and start "Eagling" Harleys. :) Somehow I just don't think it would catch on the same.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
I got a chuckle out of some of the early negetive replies about people touching another's Jeep to place a duck. Man, they would fit right at home on some of the Harley/motorcycle forums about not touching another person's bike.

Actually though, I would never sit on or touch somebody else's bike uninvited. I've owned bikes since 2001 and I've never caught anybody on one of mine but I've let a lot of people (mostly kids) sit on it after they asked. In the end, its a physical object that you can't take with you when you leave this earth but seeing a little kid smile and pretend they are out tearing it up, well that just puts a smile on my face almost as big as the one I just gave them. Not every biker shares my opinion though and sitting on or touching one uninvited is a good way to possibly lose some teeth if it happens to be the wrong person who catches you.
although I don't own one myself, I know several guys that do. a few of them are rather scary looking, but once you get to know them, are some of the greatest people you'll ever meet. having said that, I'd never assume it was OK to touch anyone's bike without them offering first.
Please post a picture of a duckie on your bars (if the day ever happens)..........we'll all need something here on JLWranglers to remember you by......👍

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
We took my wife's JLU Rubicon 4xe to Florida last week. LOOOOONG drive for sure....... (and mpg sucked but that was another topic - I expected better from a hybrid, I guess)

While we were in Sarasota we stopped at a Chinese buffet - after having filled ourselves over a 2 day period on the local seafood dishes.
We came out to find a duck on the door handle. My wife was all smiles. She loved it.
After a couple of days down there, we drove up to St. Augustine to spend time with my son and his family. That included going to Flagler beach for a couple of hours. Yup, walked back to the Jeep - there's a duck on the door handle. Pretty cool one, too - rock star type with drum sticks and on the ducks hiney was "we will, we will, duck you". LOL - Freddie lives as a duck!
An hour later we met my son at a restaurant in the area and parked next to another Jeep.
We were up on the top deck eating and had view of the vehicles below and when the other Jeep pulled out my wife said - I think there's another duck!
Sure enough.
My grandson (9) asked "is that a thing" and we explained yeah, it is - to try to spread smiles instead of hate and rage, make someone smile and have a better day as opposed to the jerks surrounding us.
He loved the idea.

Sarasota ducking -

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20230312_164501_HDR

Site of the 3rd Florida ducking - (blue one pulled out and we could see the duck on my wife's Jeep)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20230317_170706_HDR

I guess I don't understand the hate...............it's like saying "have a great day" or "stop being grumpy and smile".
Apparently some wake up grumpy and go to bed grumpy and grumble at anyone who tries to make them less grumpy. Some folks just hate someone else being happy or fun and trying to spread that. Had enough of that at work. Man, glad to be out of that caustic atmosphere.

3 ducks in a week, 2 of them in under 2 hours.

Whoever dun it, you made her days. Thanks.
Me - I display the ones I get on my dash.
Most of the Jeeps I saw while in FL had ducks on them. Funny thing - we walked over for some ice cream while at the Flagler area and a big guy I'd not want to tangle with was sitting in his really well-built Jeep, looked like it could tangle with a lot of tough stuff (him AND the Jeep) and he had ducks lined up on his dash. I don't think it would have been wise to suggest his ducks were not cool.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
We took my wife's JLU Rubicon 4xe to Florida last week. LOOOOONG drive for sure....... (and mpg sucked but that was another topic - I expected better from a hybrid, I guess)

While we were in Sarasota we stopped at a Chinese buffet - after having filled ourselves over a 2 day period on the local seafood dishes.
We came out to find a duck on the door handle. My wife was all smiles. She loved it.
After a couple of days down there, we drove up to St. Augustine to spend time with my son and his family. That included going to Flagler beach for a couple of hours. Yup, walked back to the Jeep - there's a duck on the door handle. Pretty cool one, too - rock star type with drum sticks and on the ducks hiney was "we will, we will, duck you". LOL - Freddie lives as a duck!
An hour later we met my son at a restaurant in the area and parked next to another Jeep.
We were up on the top deck eating and had view of the vehicles below and when the other Jeep pulled out my wife said - I think there's another duck!
Sure enough.
My grandson (9) asked "is that a thing" and we explained yeah, it is - to try to spread smiles instead of hate and rage, make someone smile and have a better day as opposed to the jerks surrounding us.
He loved the idea.

Sarasota ducking -

Site of the 3rd Florida ducking - (blue one pulled out and we could see the duck on my wife's Jeep)

I guess I don't understand the hate...............it's like saying "have a great day" or "stop being grumpy and smile".
Apparently some wake up grumpy and go to bed grumpy and grumble at anyone who tries to make them less grumpy. Some folks just hate someone else being happy or fun and trying to spread that. Had enough of that at work. Man, glad to be out of that caustic atmosphere.

3 ducks in a week, 2 of them in under 2 hours.

Whoever dun it, you made her days. Thanks.
Me - I display the ones I get on my dash.
Most of the Jeeps I saw while in FL had ducks on them. Funny thing - we walked over for some ice cream while at the Flagler area and a big guy I'd not want to tangle with was sitting in his really well-built Jeep, looked like it could tangle with a lot of tough stuff (him AND the Jeep) and he had ducks lined up on his dash. I don't think it would have been wise to suggest his ducks were not cool.
I don't hate it, I just think it is stupid. I may be cynical o whatever I just don't get the fascination with it
Sponsored