Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but I guess in Colorado more than likely it's non-wrangler Jeep owners joining the Ducking crowd but no fault of their own. They just aren't placing them correctly. Don't fault other Jeepers.

My statement earlier was just no hoods. Didn't want you confused.

To clarify I have seen ducks placed on door handles, rock rails, side steps, a few fenders, windshields, and tires but no roofs or Hoods.

How can you think my experience would be the only one in the world when there are say 7 Billion people in the world. But, I suppose the Non-Ducking mindset aka " Sense of entitlement" would allow you to think of that.
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
IMO, it’s perfectly fine to be anti-ducking. It is interesting to read the mental gymnastics to justify the anti-ducking. Just how much damage have you see or heard about being done from a ducking duck?
Maybe a bad high school coach had a Jeep.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Wife ducked another Wrangler this morning. She enjoys doing it.
The Wrangler owner came to their Jeep while we were loading up to leave. The owner was thrilled to get ducked.
To those who don't want to get ducked, I'd recommend placing stickers on your jeep that state Do Not Duck or you could hire a personal Jeep guard to watch your Jeep while you are away.
I bet he was thrilled to see your wife initially, you not so much. lol 🖖

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
This thread is a riot and it only gets worse. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Jesus it's a rubber (plastic) duck. It's not exactly one of the things I "like" about jeep culture, but I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it. What kind of poison do you live with in your life that you have the energy to get this angry about it?

Please clarify, are you wanting to assault people for putting a duck on your jeep, or to shoot them?

Sponsored

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Not in the slightest.
I know my personal experience is anecdotal. But taken in conjunction with the mostly positive experiences of others who have been ducked, it becomes readily apparent where the hyperbolic overreaction is coming from.

Last edited:

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Not in the slightest.
I know my personal experience is anecdotal. But taken in conjunction with the mostly positive experiences of others who have been ducked, it becomes readily apparent where the hiperbolic overreaction is coming from.
Them: "It COULD melt. If you live in DEATH VALLEY and have ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEND DEGREE WEATHER then the HOOD of your jeep could POSSIBLY REACH almost 165 DEGREES which is ALMOST enough to MELT THE PLASTIC DUCK."

Also them: Your experience dOeSnT eQuAl AlL eXpeRienCeS!!!1!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Them: "It COULD melt. If you live in DEATH VALLEY and have ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEND DEGREE WEATHER then the HOOD of your jeep could POSSIBLY REACH almost 165 DEGREES which is ALMOST enough to MELT THE PLASTIC DUCK."

Also them: Your experience dOeSnT eQuAl AlL eXpeRienCeS!!!1!
This is cracking me up. :facepalm: ANY person who might be ducking a fellow Jeeper is very capable of knowing where they are and how hot it may be and they would place the duck where it would not get that hot to melt on metal. (I doubt Soft Rubber Ducks I have seen melt even on metal in sun.)

A lot of smart Jeepers out there. To even think one would knowingly mess someone's Jeep up is dumb.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Uh, what kind of "rubber duck" is that? That looks much more like a "Jello duck" than a rubber duck. It was freakin' translucent, and the eyes and beak look like they were painted by an amatuer. Those pics look like a set-up, to me.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...

Don't forget constitutional carry and suppressor sanctuary among others.:clap:

Sponsored

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Wife ducked another Wrangler this morning. She enjoys doing it.
The Wrangler owner came to their Jeep while we were loading up to leave. The owner was thrilled to get ducked.
To those who don't want to get ducked, I'd recommend placing stickers on your jeep that state Do Not Duck or you could hire a personal Jeep guard to watch your Jeep while you are away.
People shouldn't have to post a sign asking others not to leave junk on their vehicle. Instead, people who enjoy ducking should display a sign that says "Duck Me!".

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
WOW really.

A interesting thing is that a hotel I stayed in in Wisconsin "did" the ducking / frog or tiny chicken thing back over 10 years ago. So who wants to say this started in wherever really. It was a green frog I got there one time and a duck the other time I stayed there. But it wasn't vehicle orientated.
Now if someone sprayed "Your a A## hole" with shaving cream on your vehicle that's vandalism. The "ducking" of Jeeps grew out largely during Covid-19 lock down by people trying to do something nice and bring a smile and cheer anonymously. Probably after watching "the T.E.D. talks link listed..

Might have helped spread this.

Now how many times have any one here came out of a store or someplace will crap stuck under a wiper blade? Now that pisses me off but I don't get that bent out of shape over it.... Unless it would be a parking ticket. So hopefully no one else is trying to bring a smile to you or says have a good day to you I guess?
Sponsored

Last edited: