Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well as Texans say Gosh Dang It !! I have had Jeeps since 2019 and my New Rubicon few months now and still NO Ducks. I guess DFW have NO duckies. I have placed 10 so far and no returns.

S___Fire & Brimetone. :headbang:
Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
While I can appreciate the sentiment of people just trying to spread happiness, I do object to people leaving what amounts to garbage on my Jeep. I know they won't damage the paint or anything like that. But it's something that's left behind that I will toss in the trash.

If I don't notice it and it falls off my Jeep, it's random litter on the ground now. And so the intent to spread happiness is missed and we have more garbage in parking lots/on the street.

I can also see where someone would hang it from a mirror or something like that and I won't notice it at first. But when it starts bumping around and making weird noises, it's going to be very irritating.

Yes, the intent is good. But good intentions don't always have good results. What's cute and fun to you may be irritating to others.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
While I can appreciate the sentiment of people just trying to spread happiness, I do object to people leaving what amounts to garbage on my Jeep. I know they won't damage the paint or anything like that. But it's something that's left behind that I will toss in the trash.

If I don't notice it and it falls off my Jeep, it's random litter on the ground now. And so the intent to spread happiness is missed and we have more garbage in parking lots/on the street.

I can also see where someone would hang it from a mirror or something like that and I won't notice it at first. But when it starts bumping around and making weird noises, it's going to be very irritating.

Yes, the intent is good. But good intentions don't always have good results. What's cute and fun to you may be irritating to others.
Then smile, and throw it away. It didn't cost you anything, and takes little to no extra effort to dispose of. I get what your saying, I just think its a stretch to find anything bad with the gesture. I imagine anyone who gets upset over it are also the people who call the cops on kids lemonade stands because they don't have a business license.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Fun Jeepers now days.

WP_000209.jpg

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Then smile, and throw it away. It didn't cost you anything, and takes little to no extra effort to dispose of. I get what your saying, I just think its a stretch to find anything bad with the gesture. I imagine anyone who gets upset over it are also the people who call the cops on kids lemonade stands because they don't have a business license.
I'm not saying there's anything bad about the gesture. Just that it may have the opposite effect from what was intended depending on who the recipient is.

And maybe the people who get their undies in a twist when their gesture isn't appreciated should get over themselves.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm not saying there's anything bad about the gesture. Just that it may have the opposite effect from what was intended depending on who the recipient is.

And maybe the people who get their undies in a twist when their gesture isn't appreciated should get over themselves.
LOL. I have yet to see anyone get their panties in a bunch if it isn't appreciated. I'm not asking others to do it, I'm not mad if they don't. If you don't like the duck I literally couldn't care less. But to act like its worth getting upset over is just laughable.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

If you are referring to my response below it was made as being funny not upset.

Well as Texans say Gosh Dang It !! I have had Jeeps since 2019 and my New Rubicon few months now and still NO Ducks. I guess DFW have NO duckies. I have placed 10 so far and no returns.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I personally think Ducking is acceptable, no I have not received or given any but we all need to enjoy the humor associated with it..

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
If you are referring to my response below it was made as being funny not upset.

You could always duck yourself. 🤣 😝

And yes, that was fully intended to be a pun/joke. Nothing serious about this reply, except to make sure easily offended people don't misinterpret.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I have never received nor left a duck. But to me, I get a smile whenever anyone at the drive thru or gas station randomly says "Nice Jeep!", (No one ever said "Nice Corolla" to me). And I would interpret finding a duck on my Jeep as someone simply saying "Nice Jeep!" when I wasn't there for them to say it to me directly.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
... I would say - well, it is a family forum.

Yes, now. How can we corrupt it. 🤔

'cuz you tellin' that guy what for in out native language would be awesome.:clap:

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
I personally think Ducking is acceptable, no I have not received or given any but we all need to enjoy the humor associated with it..

Well, that entirely depends of where they place said duck. I'm not up for another one of those emergency room visits with all the questions. giggles. comments. Who are they to judge?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Well I must say at Silver Lake I was ducked over and over and over again.... I smiled and smoked a cigarette 🚬 after LoL and I don't smoke..... LoL I have never ducked so much in 1 day... whew
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20210604_155334
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20210604_105435
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20210604_155334
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20210604_105435
Sponsored