Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
yeah it was pretty nuts. Thankfully cowardice kept him from making it any worse than it was. Life goes on.
He might have just had a rational thought.
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
He might have just had a rational thought.
yeah....I'm guessing he had a moment of clarity as to what was about to happen, because putting a metal pipe in your hand is a surefire way to get me to "all business" mode at damn near light speed. At any rate, glad it wasn't worse than it was and life moves on.

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
I am not assuming people will see somebody, but you are assuming that you know me :)

I actually do drive a bicycle for daily commute (at least before covid, now wfh full time), wrangler is for my off roading needs. The mention of hybrid is a totally different topic, and it is not as green as people think actually due to the nature of how we produce electricity. But this is not the topic.

I am not saying you should be 100% green, I am only saying you shouldn't be wasting resources unnecessarily. An example to this would be leaving bathroom faucet on for the entire night, you wouldn't do it because it is wasteful, but this doesn't stop you from taking a shower. If you really want to tell them anonymously that you like their vehicle, you can write a small note, which would be billion times better for the environment than the rubber duck. Alternatively, you can just wait for 5 minutes to see if they are coming out to tell them you like the vehicle, with the duck you are already costing them 5 minutes (i would recycle it immediately), at least you can return the 5 minutes back just waiting for them.

On the side not; Just to be clear, I am not judging anyone if you are using your vehicles for daily drive. I don't know anything about your life, your needs, or anything else. I personally would use my wrangler as daily drive if I were to live further away from my workplace. My only point is, we can live without leaving rubber ducks in peoples vehicles. This is not a necessity, you don't need to tell me how much you like my vehicle, if you want to, please tell me face to face, we can have a chat, I would appreciate it way more than a toy.
Ok who let the Californian on the internet???? They do know how anything with plastic will cause cancer , and lets not talk about how plastics are made, they'e head would explode.

Last edited:

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Did some mad donuts and drifting in a large Texas snowpocalypse parking lot at the grocery store the other day. Parked and when I came back out I had been ducked. No doubt I must have impressed the duckor.

Sponsored

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
I got ducked for the first time today. It was on the door handle when I came out of Walmart. It made me smile and now my girlfriend is looking up rubber ducks and excited to start ducking Jeepā€™s.
Exactly the same thing happened today. Got ducked for the first time and when I came home and told my wife, we immediately went on Amazon and bought a box of ducks so she can "duck people all the time now"......here we goooo......

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Just be warned, the Sharks are starting to show themselves in preparation of JB21

kbarbosa86

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU - 80th Anniversary
Honestly I don't care one way or another. From what I saw on FB it was started during the shutdowns as something nice to do and fun for kids. I personally don't duck ppl's Jeeps, nor would I - but that's just me. Just not my thing and it's just instinct to me to not touch another persons property without their permission. This could be the "motorcycle mentality" of mine.....to ME its like You never sit on another persons bike randomly-this being an extreme. Again that's just me though, I have no plans to go out and buy a box of rubber ducks and search for Jeeps. lol, but if it makes others happy more power to them. Have at it.

With that being said, again I don't care one way or another really if I were to find a duck on my Jeep. As long as it was placed respectfully and isn't causing any kind of damage....I won't lose my shit about it. 9/10 times I see online its kids getting a kick out of it, their parents are with them and most times there is no harm done. I honestly can't get overly upset about it mainly bc I have more important things to worry about. If it made a little kids day putting a .99 cent duck on my side step or door handle then great; glad I could help. lol As long as ppl are being respectful, I won't waste time getting upset. If it brings a smile to that persons face, then mission accomplished. I honestly believe that is all the intention ever was with it. It was only ever intended to be something fun & harmless.

FWIW - my local dealer participates in it.....I was given "Mr. Puddles" at the time I took delivery and he rides on my dash. lol And yes, I smiled when I found him in my new JLU from the dealer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) JL8

Last edited:

Sponsored

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
Just be warned, the Sharks are starting to show themselves in preparation of JB21
Rubber sharks at Jeep Beach???? I bought 50 rubber ducks. šŸ˜©

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
Honestly I don't care one way or another. From what I saw on FB it was started during the shutdowns as something nice to do and fun for kids. I personally don't duck ppl's Jeeps, nor would I - but that's just me. Just not my thing and it's just instinct to me to not touch another persons property without their permission. This could be the "motorcycle mentality" of mine.....to ME its like You never sit on another persons bike randomly-this being an extreme. Again that's just me though, I have no plans to go out and buy a box of rubber ducks and search for Jeeps. lol, but if it makes others happy more power to them. Have at it.

With that being said, again I don't care one way or another really if I were to find a duck on my Jeep. As long as it was placed respectfully and isn't causing any kind of damage....I won't lose my shit about it. 9/10 times I see online its kids getting a kick out of it, their parents are with them and most times there is no harm done. I honestly can't get overly upset about it mainly bc I have more important things to worry about. If it made a little kids day putting a .99 cent duck on my side step or door handle then great; glad I could help. lol As long as ppl are being respectful, I won't waste time getting upset. If it brings a smile to that persons face, then mission accomplished. I honestly believe that is all the intention ever was with it. It was only ever intended to be something fun & harmless.

FWIW - my local dealer participates in it.....I was given "Mr. Puddles" at the time I took delivery and he rides on my dash. lol And yes, I smiled when I found him in my new JLU from the dealer.

JL8.jpg
I did a bunch of ducking last month for the first time and itā€™s not just kids. The first doc I got a note back on my jeep because I parked next to them saying that the duck will live on there ā€“ forever and they were so excited and happy. I had a couple other people that I got to see their reaction. Grown adults super excited to get the duck. Iā€™ve only been duct twice and I was so excited and happy both times and Iā€™m in my mid-40s. Itā€™s OK itā€™s not your thing, but I just wanted to correct your perception that itā€™s just children who are excited about it. šŸ˜ƒ. Have a ducky day.

2ABF5A7B-F0F6-4AE2-8E99-80B6D9A1D858.jpeg

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher