wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
WTF got ducked again today. It was awesome to see one sitting on my mirror when I came out of the gym.
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
my kids and I had our first, last, and only ducking experience the other day. We ran into an @Notorious or @Fusilli Jerry type, and it almost went to physical violence.

so the kids learn about the jeep ducking, and want to play. Very first one the dude absolutely lost his mind Swearing, threatening to beat my ass, yelling. I get between him and my kid and get my kid and get him loaded in the car. Dude grabbed something from the back of his jeep, couldnt see what, so I set up to clear concealment, draw, and fire. He stared at me for a minute, put whatever it was back, walked around the front of his jeep and power slammed the duck into the ground, gave my kid the finger through the window and turned around. I got in and drove off.

pretty jacked up world we live in when putting a “have a great day” note on a car in the middle of first world western culture gets them to react in such a deranged and irrational a way that almost gets them shot.
Crazy world, sorry you and especially your children experienced that.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Crazy world, sorry you and especially your children experienced that.
yeah it was pretty nuts. Thankfully cowardice kept him from making it any worse than it was. Life goes on.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
First, I’m glad you and your family are safe.

While I can appreciate this now that I understand what it is, the individual that you did come across most likely didn’t understand what was going on and reacted as someone ignorant of the gesture, probably confused, felt threatened and reacted defensively.

Hope it didn’t ruin your day too much. Fwiw, I keep ducks in my Jeep and randomly place them on other Jeeps.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
The individual that you did come across most likely didn’t understand what was going on and reacted as someone ignorant of the gesture, probably confused, felt threatened and reacted defensively.

Hope it didn’t ruin your day too much. Fwiw, I keep ducks in my Jeep and randomly place them on other Jeeps.🤷‍♂️
Thanks.

nah it was alright in the end. some people just get irrational. My concern was more how enraged and “pre violent” he got. Like, when i clipped the P365 to the waistband today, i didnt expect to ever need it(and i didnt) but the dude getting a rubber duck and a “nice jeep! have a nice day“ message from a 5yo kid in a jeep hat was like, THE LAST dude i expected to ask to see what rounds i keep in it. In the end, im really glad he let us walk away without it going to that.

people are nuts! Gonna take the kids to a jeep meet and a jeep shop and turn the experience around.

Last edited:

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
my kids and I had our first, last, and only ducking experience the other day. We ran into a cranky type, and it almost went to physical violence.

so the kids learn about the jeep ducking, and want to play. Very first one the dude absolutely lost his mind Swearing, threatening to beat my ass, yelling. I get between him and my kid and get my kid and get him loaded in the car. Dude grabbed something from the back of his jeep, couldnt see what, so I set up to clear concealment, draw, and fire. He stared at me for a minute, put whatever it was back, walked around the front of his jeep and power slammed the duck into the ground, gave my kid the finger through the window and turned around. I got in and drove off.

pretty jacked up world we live in when putting a “have a great day” note on a car in the middle of first world western culture gets them to react in such a deranged and irrational a way that almost gets them shot.
Maybe he was a Jets fan and was upset that by winning a game they lost out on the first draft pick.

Unfortunately there are complete jackasses out there and what is really unfortunate is that you child had to see that side of humanity. Since my kids are older I would have joked (once safe) that we just won the game "Where's the A-hole"!!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell us where you are located and maybe several jeepers could meet yall somewhere for your kids to duck randomly.
That is a fantastic idea. If you were in Southern Arizona I would buy 100 ducks and you could have them hand them out to appreciative, normal Jeep owners.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

nah it was alright in the end. some people just get irrational. My concern was more how enraged and “pre violent” he got. Like, when i clipped the P365 to the waistband today, i didnt expect to ever need it(and i didnt) but the dude getting a rubber duck and a “nice jeep! have a nice day“ message from a 5yo kid in a jeep hat was like, THE LAST dude i expected to ask to see what rounds i keep in it. In the end, im really glad he let us walk away without it going to that.

people are nuts! Gonna take the kids to a jeep meet and a jeep shop and turn the experience around.
It is a lot of fun and you get different ducks.

5852307B-9783-48E4-8636-063369B072E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Sponsored

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I went grocery shopping yesterday and when I was loading my groceries in the Jeep I noticed there was another Jeep parked next to me with a duck on their dash. I thought to myself, "They got ducked." After I loaded the groceries I ran into the liquor store and when I came out the other Jeep was gone and this was on my door handle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) IMG_6990

Now he's riding on my dash.

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
I got ducked for the first time today. It was on the door handle when I came out of Walmart. It made me smile and now my girlfriend is looking up rubber ducks and excited to start ducking Jeep’s.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went grocery shopping yesterday and when I was loading my groceries in the Jeep I noticed there was another Jeep parked next to me with a duck on their dash. I thought to myself, "They got ducked." After I loaded the groceries I ran into the liquor store and when I came out the other Jeep was gone and this was on my door handle.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) IMG_6990

Now he's riding on my dash.
That is where mine ride too. I actually look at them when I experience drivers who are less than courteous or outright asshats. I always think that poor bastard probably didn't get ducked! The best part for me of the whole ducking movement is the excitement my kids get when it happens, and I have 3 teens and a twenty year-old ... and my wife has an extra that is over 50!

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was “Ducked” in Fairview Heights, IL while shopping with the wife. Had no clue what this was and I am not on Facebook to be able to post the pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) FB0685D8-8373-4CD3-95A0-51E3390AD01E