First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Okay I am gonna be a stinker but I think you guys should know something about this before going around ducking people.

I don't recommend that you put the facebook link and encouraged people to join their facebook post. IMO the founder of this DDG which moderates the social media is a total whiny SJW and not very tolerant when someone disagree with her view. It is disappointing for a happily ducked person to join that social media group and found out that it was rife with drama and intolerence.

Here is how it started:

https://driving.ca/jeep/auto-news/news/jeeps-are-being-ducked-and-it-all-started-in-canada

" Parliament is from Orillia, Ontario, but also works in Alabama. In July, after returning to Canada, quarantining for two weeks and being tested for COVID-19, she went out and was approached by a stranger. According to her report to the newspaper, the man grabbed her shoulders, pushed her back into her vehicle, and swore at her and said she wasn’t welcome in Canada. She said she was attacked because of pandemic concerns over her Alabama license plate. "

I am sorry it happened to her - but I think that we had heard of such statement one too many times before.

This is from my observation in the facebook post - there has been a lot of disoriented people quitting the group after being attacked by disagreeing with the founder on some subject matter. Check one of the post below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 1604577500457

The founder words is final. Many in the group wants the DDG to be neutral but the founder got really upset - a) she is a COEXIST believer and she argues that everyone should be accepting of HER sentiment about the subject matter b) noticed how easy she is at using the word "attacking" and accused of others to be "hateful" for not agreeing with her c) She turned SJW, turning it into all about her - how she is a victim and then silence anyone who disagrees and kicks them out of the facebook group.

Now tell me! Do you still want to promote her agenda?

I stopped doing DDG, quit that stupid group and gave all my duckies to kids in my building. I got a set of special ducks for cops which I have been giving with a note of thanks but I did not include the social media link.

Ducking might be nice warm and fuzzy, but subjugating unsuspecting public to the whims of SJW is not.
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Okay I am gonna be a stinker but I think you guys should know something about this before going around ducking people.

I don't recommend that you put the facebook link and encouraged people to join their facebook post. IMO the founder of this DDG which moderates the social media is a total whiny SJW and not very tolerant when someone disagree with her view. It is disappointing for a happily ducked person to join that social media group and found out that it was rife with drama and intolerence.

Here is how it started:

https://driving.ca/jeep/auto-news/news/jeeps-are-being-ducked-and-it-all-started-in-canada

" Parliament is from Orillia, Ontario, but also works in Alabama. In July, after returning to Canada, quarantining for two weeks and being tested for COVID-19, she went out and was approached by a stranger. According to her report to the newspaper, the man grabbed her shoulders, pushed her back into her vehicle, and swore at her and said she wasn’t welcome in Canada. She said she was attacked because of pandemic concerns over her Alabama license plate. "

I am sorry it happened to her - but I think that we had heard of such statement one too many times before.

This is from my observation in the facebook post - there has been a lot of disoriented people quitting the group after being attacked by disagreeing with the founder on some subject matter. Check one of the post below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 1604577500457

The founder words is final. Many in the group wants the DDG to be neutral but the founder got really upset - a) she is a COEXIST believer and she argues that everyone should be accepting of HER sentiment about the subject matter b) noticed how easy she is at using the word "attacking" and accused of others to be "hateful" for not agreeing with her c) She turned SJW, turning it into all about her - how she is a victim and then silence anyone who disagrees and kicks them out of the facebook group.

Now tell me! Do you still want to promote her agenda?

I stopped doing DDG, quit that stupid group and gave all my duckies to kids in my building. I got a set of special ducks for cops which I have been giving with a note of thanks but I did not include the social media link.

Ducking might be nice warm and fuzzy, but subjugating unsuspecting public to the whims of SJW is not.
I'm not on FB and even if I were to be ducked I wouldn't rejoin. IMHO most of social media is about promotion of self for stroking of one's ego or getting approval from others for emotional reasons. my self-worth does not rely on other's approval. Not backing this person, however, whomever creates a social media group has control of said group. If one doesn't like the rules, content or whatever, then one has the option to just leave. again, I'm not supporting this person or group, but if this kind gesture puts smiles on faces, or makes someone's day brighter then I'm for it. One does not have to put the stupid FB tags on the ducks. just put on a tag saying nice Jeep, hope you have a great day or something similar without the BS.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

I don't recommend that you put the facebook link and encouraged people to join their facebook post.......
Well the ducks that my wife passed out didn't have any fb or hashtags on them. They simply said nice Jeep.
You can duck people without promoting anything other than kindness.

...... IMHO most of social media is about promotion of self for stroking of one's ego ....
Agreed. Social media is annoying. For example, when there is a disaster people post "my thoughts are with all the victims." Well that's great, but your thoughts aren't helping them. How about you get off you butt, and go HELP the victims, because your actions help. Then to prove it was an act of kindness not self promotion, don't blast it all over your social media accounts to promote what a good person you are.

And on a side note. I also agree that if she wants to set rules for her page, she can be as open or narrow minded as she wants. It's her page, nobody has to join. If you don't agree with her rules you don't join, it's that simple.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
One does not have to put the stupid FB tags on the ducks. just put on a tag saying nice Jeep, hope you have a great day or something similar without the BS.
I wholeheartedly agree - but it is a part of the movement after all so it is kind of hard to just stand alone. I did exactly what you said (without the BS) - using the remaining duckies with a tag that just says "Your Jeep RULEZ!!! Nice Jeep! Woot"

And on a side note. I also agree that if she wants to set rules for her page, she can be as open or narrow minded as she wants. It's her page, nobody has to join. If you don't agree with her rules you don't join, it's that simple.
Winchell, I totally agree with you on the notes above however yes anyone can set rules for their page - but what is not appropriate is that the people that are ducking or has been ducked does not have any inclination of her rules or how community behaved in Facebook. The come in with happy thoughts - only to be surprised by how dysfunctional the movement is. I bought a bunch of ducks to duck someone because it is a wonderful idea but had I know the type of people and organization that I am ducking for, I would not have done it.

So I agree to the notion of nobody has to join, however and respectfully, it is NOT that simple. When someone is following a fad that could potentially lead others to mistakenly joined a group that does not share the same values, that is just unfortunate AND unnecessary. By the time that person realized that it is not a group that he/she wants to be part of, the damage is done as there might be a bunch of people that has been ducked by that particular person (and thus starting the snowballing effect). That is social media for you. I would not have wasted any money on the duckies nor make a label with the hashtag #duckduckgo and accidently introducing an SJW propaganda to someone that I don't even know.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just buy a bunch of little ducks, and make your own note. It would help to have an explanation on the note, what the duck was for. Most have no idea.
Ducking isn't a thing I do, but it made me smile, especially after all the election BS.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
........ That is social media for you. I would not have wasted any money on the duckies nor make a label ........
You're right, that is social media for you, which is why I don't partake in the mess. This forum is as social as I get in the digital world.
As for "wasting" the money. I wouldn't say it's a waste because (if I understand your response to Ohio HIker correctly) you made your own label/tag without the link. You still promote the spirit of the trend without promoting the page. Not a waste at all, and like I mentioned that's how my wife did the few she gave out. Just a duck, showing someone you liked their Jeep. No links, no social media, just kindness.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
One does not have to put the stupid FB tags on the ducks. just put on a tag saying nice Jeep, hope you have a great day or something similar without the BS.
Just buy a bunch of little ducks, and make your own note. It would help to have an explanation on the note, what the duck was for. Most have no idea.
Ducking isn't a thing I do, but it made me smile, especially after all the election BS.
Okay DG i am gonna hunt you down and put bunch of plush gophers on your Jeep just to make you smile especially AFTER all the election BS (i assume when you are using the acronym BS you are saying BodySmells or BobbySocks right? Haha kidding):like:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Okay DG i am gonna hunt you down and put bunch of plush gophers on your Jeep just to make you smile especially AFTER all the election BS (i assume when you are using the acronym BS you are saying BodySmells or BobbySocks right? Haha kidding):like:
Come on down. Kind of a long drive though.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Sooo my wife and I duck Jeeps. I replaced my 17 year old Dakota with a 2 door soft top Punkin. We loved it so much my wife traded her loaded Escape for a 2 door soft top and is Jeep all in. She thinks it’s cool to spread the new found love of Jeeps. While she realizes most of the Jeeps we duck owners are probably not as new to Jeeps as we are it still makes her and me feel like we are sharing in the Jeep community. In our area I think we are about the only one ducking. We have had people post on Facebook the ducks we put on their Jeeps and they got it. Today we ducked a blacked out Rubi with a vanity tag. Owner threw it on the ground. Wife was crushed all she wanted to do was say hey nice Jeep. Rubi was filthy dirty, not I wheeled it hard dirty, I leave it outside never wash it dirty. I was not surprised vanity tag said “surgeon” either he was cool or a dick so surgeon in NC you are a dick.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sooo my wife and I duck Jeeps. I replaced my 17 year old Dakota with a 2 door soft top Punkin. We loved it so much my wife traded her loaded Escape for a 2 door soft top and is Jeep all in. She thinks it’s cool to spread the new found love of Jeeps. While she realizes most of the Jeeps we duck owners are probably not as new to Jeeps as we are it still makes her and me feel like we are sharing in the Jeep community. In our area I think we are about the only one ducking. We have had people post on Facebook the ducks we put on their Jeeps and they got it. Today we ducked a blacked out Rubi with a vanity tag. Owner threw it on the ground. Wife was crushed all she wanted to do was say hey nice Jeep. Rubi was filthy dirty, not I wheeled it hard dirty, I leave it outside never wash it dirty. I was not surprised vanity tag said “surgeon” either he was cool or a dick so surgeon in NC you are a dick.
Hate to be the one to spoil it for you, but a LOT of newer jeep owners are douche bags. Just sayin. Usually you can tell, lift, stock bumpers and 22's.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Well crap, I have a lift and stock bumpers. Guess I'm a douche bag. :crying:
↑↑↑ Kidding, just a joke ↑↑↑
I don't have 22's, and I've taken mine off road so I'm all good. :whew:

In all seriousness though. Don't let one dick ruin the fun. There are plenty of people who enjoy finding a duck on their Jeep. Just pick the duck back up, and give it to another Jeeper who might appreciate it.

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
In my opinion this (duckduckjeep) is pure waste of time and resources. You are spending your money, your time and my time on a stupid toy, also, you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening. We were supposed to be frugal and not increase our carbon foot print unnecessarily but yet here we are...

I personally would be super annoyed if I ever to find this toy littering my vehicle. If you want to give smiles to someone, just tell them that their rig looks cool by your own words, same effect and cheaper.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You're assuming you will see the person to tell them you like the Jeep. Typically the ducks are placed anonymously.

That said. If you're so concerned about your carbon footprint that a single duck is a concern, you're driving the wrong vehicle. For one you should be riding a bicycle. If you must drive, you should be driving a hybrid. You should also NOT be buying a new hybrid since that used resources. To be truly environmentally conscious, you should drive a used hybrid if you must drive, otherwise you should walk or ride a bike.
So tell me again SJW how you're minimizing your carbon footprint by driving a new Jeep?

Last edited:

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You're assuming you will see the person to tell them you like the Jeep. Typically the ducks are placed anonymously.

That said. If you're so concerned about your carbon footprint that a single duck is a concern, you're driving the wrong vehicle. For one you should be riding a bicycle. If you must drive, you should be driving a hybrid. You should also NOT be buying a new hybrid since that used resources. To be truly environmentally conscious, you should drive a used hybrid if you must drive, otherwise you should walk or ride a bike.
So tell me again SJW how you're minimizing your carbon footprint by driving a new Jeep?
I am not assuming people will see somebody, but you are assuming that you know me :)

I actually do drive a bicycle for daily commute (at least before covid, now wfh full time), wrangler is for my off roading needs. The mention of hybrid is a totally different topic, and it is not as green as people think actually due to the nature of how we produce electricity. But this is not the topic.

I am not saying you should be 100% green, I am only saying you shouldn't be wasting resources unnecessarily. An example to this would be leaving bathroom faucet on for the entire night, you wouldn't do it because it is wasteful, but this doesn't stop you from taking a shower. If you really want to tell them anonymously that you like their vehicle, you can write a small note, which would be billion times better for the environment than the rubber duck. Alternatively, you can just wait for 5 minutes to see if they are coming out to tell them you like the vehicle, with the duck you are already costing them 5 minutes (i would recycle it immediately), at least you can return the 5 minutes back just waiting for them.

On the side not; Just to be clear, I am not judging anyone if you are using your vehicles for daily drive. I don't know anything about your life, your needs, or anything else. I personally would use my wrangler as daily drive if I were to live further away from my workplace. My only point is, we can live without leaving rubber ducks in peoples vehicles. This is not a necessity, you don't need to tell me how much you like my vehicle, if you want to, please tell me face to face, we can have a chat, I would appreciate it way more than a toy.

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I know you or your needs. However, I can't come up with a need for someone to own a brand new (2021) Rubicon, when there are likely more environmentally friendly options. This is excluding the fact that they wanted it of course. Even if a person needs an off-road vehicle, a used Jeep is more environmentally sound because it doesn't use more supplies. It was already made and purchased. The impact may be minor for a new vehicle, but we're relating it to the impact of a rubber duck that you said was wasteful.
Maybe you need a Rubicon, not just any old off road vehicle. I don't know, since I don't know you. I'm just saying that the impact of a single rubber duckie is less than that of a brand new Rubicon. Neither are necessary so both are wasteful if we're being technical.

As for hybrids.
I understand your concern about the impact of 100% electric cars. That is debatable depending if the electric is harvested via hydro, wind, nuclear or coal. Although many studies suggest full electric is more environmentally friendly than gasoline and diesel it is still a topic being developed/studied.
However. A hybrid uses both fossil fuels and electric. Many hybrids never need plugged in. They generate their own electric (typically by friction while braking and from the gas engine which is already running to propel the car when the battery isn't doing it). These hybrids can get 50-60 mpg and never need plugged in. Compare that to a gas/diesel vehicle that gets 20-30 mpg. It is a greener option by using less fuel without using an external power supply for the electric.
But you're right, that's off topic. Just some food for thought.

Anyway back to ducks. I also agree that I'd love to talk to a person about our Jeeps. I've done it more than once in a parking lot or at a trail head and I love it every time.
Frequently though, you park next to a Jeep and one of you is gone before the other and you never see each other. A little duck just says "hi nice Jeep." Also consider that they don't always have to be new ducks. If a person wants to be green, they could certainly pass the duck along to another Jeep. So it could be a "recycled" duck which has zero environmental impact beyond that first purchase (much like a used car).
Sponsored