steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
got the new ducks in today - 50 xmas ones lol
printed some new tags i found online and edited them to remove all the names and junk
my old prints just said nice jeep - i think these i found online will work better
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) image0
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Those are pretty cool.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Lots of negativity in this thread. Reminds me of the “stay off my lawn” crowd. Nobody is out there damaging or tampering with other’s vehicles. A tiny rubber duck sitting on your door handle shouldn’t be controversial or a trigger. In fact, the silly rubber duck and note asks you to take a deep breath and, for just a moment, forget about COVID, masks, the election, and all the petty nonsense in the world. At the end of the day you still have the Jeep community.

I was having a sh!t day. Not going to lie. I found a rubber duck on my door handle “You’ve been ducked” and looked up the meaning having no idea why it was there. It made me change my outlook that day. I explained to my 5yr old what happened and he found it hilarious. A few weeks later coming out of the grocery store he’s freaking out “A duck! A duck!”. Someone had ducked us again. It made his day. Now my wife wants in on it too.

I don’t see the harm it it. It’s too damn easy to toss out if someone finds it that objectionable, and arguments about how it hurts the planet and is more waste for the landfill, while driving a 4x4 around town with a lift and 37s is...well...obsurd.

Chill the duck out. Relax. Be thankful another Jeep enthusiast is there to look out for you if/when you need it.

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
If folks are getting their britches in a knot because of these stupid little rubber duckies kind of makes you wonder how they’d deal with a REAL problem. FWIW I am neither a “ducker” or a “ducker”. I’ve not personally seen this and probably wouldn’t even have heard of it without the forum. Frankly, with the state of the world today I can’t conceive of anyone who doesn’t have more important stuff to worry about than this. YMMV

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Frankly I'm surprised at how many people get their panties in a wad about how people react to having their jeeps ducked. You'd think that with all the problems in the world folks would have better things to worry about. I guess not though. ;)

Later,
Johnny

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe people get upset because of how the duck is presented - like what's on the tag (if there is one). The duck I got just said "You're Jeep is se sexy, I ducked it. #duckduckjeep" ... which made me chuckle.

I think if the duck had just said #duckduckjeep on it, I might have thought it was some sort of promotion / commercial ... and that would have irritated me, but I still would like the duck. After all, my ducker gave me a collectable Batman duck.

What's the best thing we should be putting on our ducks to make sure people get it with the spirit in which is was intended. For those who were/are irritated - What text would help?

Terry

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got ducked, made my crappy day way better, put a much needed smile on my face. I won't likely participate
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20201004_112014
as a ducker, but it's fun to be ducked!

Sponsored

rogerutley

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
With this crazy state of affairs we are going thru, I could use some humor..Count me in!..Question please..we do you buy the ducks and is there certain ones I should buy?..thanks..be safe

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
With this crazy state of affairs we are going thru, I could use some humor..Count me in!..Question please..we do you buy the ducks and is there certain ones I should buy?..thanks..be safe
you can buy them , smaller ones , larger ones, huuuuuge ones . or if you realllllllly want to laugh for some1 u know u can get a pool floaty and tie it down lolol. whatever u want to do . u can find a bag of 50 for like 20 bux online - write a hastag on the duck itself - or just print something from online or make your own note up ..
any duck that makes you laugh or smile works lol i have the christmas ones as u see up there , was to late to get refilled for halloween ones
buy alot buy a few ,whatever u want , a smile goes a looooong way
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rubber+ducks&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
I walked across the parking lot after a busy day at work and there it was. I got ducked! I had read about it here, and I have to say that it put a big smile on my face. A big thank you to Seorpio.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 20201031_122715

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Its harmless fun. Some of you people are freakin miserable.

Neither one of my Jeeps has been ducked yet. If/when it happens, I'll probably give it to my kids (5 and 4 years old). If they like it as much as I think they would, I'll buy a few to pass on. They already smile and point out every Jeep they see. Letting them pick out a duck and respectfully put it on a Jeep would make their day. Making them happy makes me happy.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I was "Ducked" yesterday, in Kingwood TX. I was in a Krogers parking lot, and a Frankenstein Duck was left on the door handle.
Sponsored