Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong. Maybe some of these negative people got a different message on the duck they received. Maybe I should get some ducks and put a message on the ducks that I hand out that read, I hope you are not having death wobble, I hope that the sensor in your JL Dana 44 does not go bad, I hope your steering box is replaced under warranty, is the paint bubbling around your door hinges? I hope you don't get stuck, or get pinstriping on the trail. and as a friendly reminder, It doesn't matter what lift you get. Home Depot parking lots are paved. If you have received this duck, post a picture on.

Fuck these ducks, they ruined my life.
aaaannnnd, you get the point of the day Ted lol.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I got ducked yesterday! My daughter and I came out after eating dinner and, there sitting on the side step, was a little rubber mallard duck that simply read “Nice Jeep!”....
That's exactly what my wife did with the ducks she placed. No links, no social media. I think Jeep ducking is common enough now, that people know what's going on. If not the message of "nice Jeep" says enough. They may not know why it was a duck, or that it's "a thing" but they know someone liked their Jeep and wanted to spread some joy.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Ok, I'll bite. :)

There's too much to comment on with this. The fact it's a FB group isn't surprising (I'm not on FB anymore because of the silliness that goes on). It seems like a money grab scheme.

I'm in the camp that would prefer they follow the advice given at the end. Think and don't put junk on other's cars. We have enough trash in the world. Be considerate to others and if you want to prank your own close group/buddies, go for it as long as it's cool with them... otherwise, it's inconsiderate to touch a strangers rig.

If you want to spread kindness and smiles, then go for a ride with others and say "hey! nice jeep." or give a wave on the road... there are many different ways to do that other than physically changing/adding items to a strangers vehicle... Hell, just go buy a homeless dude/dudess a meal or something.

My $0.02
If I find one on my vehicle, then it will be nothing more than an annoyance and piece of trash that i'll then have to recycle or throw away depending on material.
Well said

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Well as far as I can tell it is not about attention. The person that places the duck try to be anonymous. It is just for the smile.

1602242381984.png
FB and Insta are all about attention. That is their business model.

You do the same thing without the social media angle, I have zero issues. But invoking the hashtags is making money for FB and reinforcing the addiction models that have driven their business.

If you haven't watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix, worth doing. While I have some issues with the piece, it highlights a number of issues going on behind the scenes. Don't feed the borg...

Or if you don't have Netflix, this isn't a bad commentary

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JLU Sport S 2015 Transit 250
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
That's exactly what my wife did with the ducks she placed. No links, no social media. I think Jeep ducking is common enough now, that people know what's going on. If not the message of "nice Jeep" says enough. They may not know why it was a duck, or that it's "a thing" but they know someone liked their Jeep and wanted to spread some joy.
Had it not been for this forum, I’d have never know that it was “a thing.” But the joy was spread and a great little father/daughter memory was created. To me, that’s a Jeep thing and I wish more people would understand!

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Had it not been for this forum, I’d have never know that it was “a thing.” ...
Yeah I only knew it was a thing because my wife saw it on a Jeep forum that she's a member of. Then I saw this thread and though gee, that's what she was talking about.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My wife and I are sitting in our favorite Greek resturant eating lunch and a Jeep with the name Stella drives by the window that we are sitting at. We come out to the Jeep and what the DUCK. Stella ducked up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 1602447581272

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 1602447597500

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Why does it matter so much!? I get that most people (Myself included) do not want anyone touching their rigs, but man oh man! I guess we all have our breaking point and for most people its a $.35 rubber duck! I have kids so a duck would be cool to let them play with. I have a dog, so he will chew on it for about 5 minutes before its trash. none the less, They are not Keying my ride, slashing my tires, painting or scraping the paint, trying to steal anything, but just admiriring my Jeep. if it makes them feel good and does NO HARM to me vehicles I DON'T CARE!

You can ask all my friends and family, I am a Jerk, hard to get along with, short tempered, and love my cars and Jeeps. (Dont Mess with them at all) but a Duck! C'mon, there are allot of other things to be worried about like them slashing my softtop!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
my son and i went to target the other day, parked next to another Punkin and came out had a duck coming out of a Punkin. quite obv who did it. we both LOLed. THe owner of the Jeep was walking out as we walked into target and said "man i love the color of your jeep LOL"
so my son says now we have to find another Punkin to duck, and we did, and laughed and yes its corny but funny cuz well the duck was coming out of a Punkin LOL.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
my son and i went to target the other day, parked next to another Punkin and came out had a duck coming out of a Punkin. quite obv who did it. we both LOLed. THe owner of the Jeep was walking out as we walked into target and said "man i love the color of your jeep LOL"
so my son says now we have to find another Punkin to duck, and we did, and laughed and yes its corny but funny cuz well the duck was coming out of a Punkin LOL.
Well I sure as hell hope you didn't put it on Frances's Jeep....lol