First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I get the whole not wanting people to touch your Jeep, but I think it's a bit different with the Duck thing... People are putting the duck on your Jeep as a sign of respect for an awesome Jeep. I have no problem with that, in fact, it makes me feel good about my Jeep.

On the other hand, if someone is looking in the windows, pulling on the door handle, letting out the winch, etc. I'd probably get upset... If someone wants to see the inside of my Jeep or test out the winch, it's a little thing called "common courtesy" (that isn't very common these days) to simply ask permission to do so. Respect for other people's property went out the window a long time ago as did proper parenting.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
That’s when I become the parent and show them what they missed in their younger years. A teaching moment for snow flakes. 🤓

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
That’s when I become the parent and show them what they missed in their younger years. A teaching moment for snow flakes. 🤓
Hi Rick, if you'd like to learn how to post a quote and a reply without using two messages please let me know. If you're not interested or if you are doing it intentionally please excuse my offer and carry on. :like:

Later,
Johnny

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Hi Rick, if you'd like to learn how to post a quote and a reply without using two messages please let me know. If you're not interested or if you are doing it intentionally please excuse my offer and carry on. :like:

Later
Johnny
Not intentionally. Not that kind of person. Thanks

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I had an interesting conversation with the woman who started the Jeep ducking yesterday - Allison Parliament. She is a very nice woman, very intelligent and compassionate. She started the whole thing only to bring a small amount of joy into folks lives, to put a smile on people’s faces. She’s not too concerned about the naysayers, because they are WAY outnumbered by those who appreciate what she has done.

My conversation had nothing to do with Jeep ducking, but I had to bring it up with her. There was a particular person who was cat-fishing on various Jeep Facebook groups, and I became involved in having that person removed from a number of groups. Hers was one of them.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Not intentionally. Not that kind of person. Thanks
Hi Rick, I'm sorry - I didn't mean for that to be taken in a derogatory manner. I thought that you might just be more comfortable breaking things up into two posts for some reason. And that was a great "post" and "reply" in one message that you did. :like:

Later,
Johnny

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I had an interesting conversation with the woman who started the Jeep ducking yesterday - Allison Parliament. She is a very nice woman, very intelligent and compassionate. She started the whole thing only to bring a small amount of joy into folks lives, to put a smile on people’s faces. She’s not too concerned about the naysayers, because they are WAY outnumbered by those who appreciate what she has done.

My conversation had nothing to do with Jeep ducking, but I had to bring it up with her. There was a particular person who was cat-fishing on various Jeep Facebook groups, and I became involved in having that person removed from a number of groups. Hers was one of them.
Unfortunately my experience with her is different. She would preach coexistence but if you go against her or her ideas you will be kicked out of the group. There are many people who are disoriented because of the way she runs her facebook group - when you duck someone and hashtag duckduckjeep you are essentially bringing an unwary person into a group where the administrator are social justice warriors that are not tolerant at all with a strong victim mentality.

Sorry for this negative post I thought that people should know what they are getting into. It might be a great idea to do duck without the hastag else you are just sending them to a group that can be very political in context. I left that group and gave all the duckies to the children in my building!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-ducking-duck-duck-jeep.55215/post-1301358

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately my experience with her is different. She would preach coexistence but if you go against her or her ideas you will be kicked out of the group. There are many people who are disoriented because of the way she runs her facebook group - when you duck someone and hashtag duckduckjeep you are essentially bringing an unwary person into a group where the administrator are social justice warriors that are not tolerant at all with a strong victim mentality.

Sorry for this negative post I thought that people should know what they are getting into. It might be a great idea to do duck without the hastag else you are just sending them to a group that can be very political in context. I left that group and gave all the duckies to the children in my building!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-ducking-duck-duck-jeep.55215/post-1301358
Ken, thanks for that, I will carefully consider your experience. I do know that she had a moderator go rogue on her in a very bad way, under the original name for the group - to the point where she had to drop a lawsuit on her. The new group is “Official Ducking Jeeps est2020.”

Is it possible it could have been those rogue elements, and not Allison, that caused all of that ugliness?

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I got ducked in my garage. My daughter was home from college and her Jeep had been ducked at school so she put it on my Jeep for Christmas (it was a Santa duck).

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Hi Rick, I'm sorry - I didn't mean for that to be taken in a derogatory manner. I thought that you might just be more comfortable breaking things up into two posts for some reason. And that was a great "post" and "reply" in one message that you did. :like:

Later,
Johnny

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
It will take a while to get it down pat anyway thanks I appreciate your help. It’s all new to me.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

Later,
Johnny
send those instructions again they went away thanks

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
send those instructions again they went away thanks
Hi Rick, just keep doing what you did on this message and the other one above. They look great.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored