First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening. We were supposed to be frugal and not increase our carbon foot print unnecessarily but yet here we are...
You are associating some "stupid toy" with climate change and you are riding a Jeep!!! Sorry buddy, that is just double standard.

Again, I am only human, I might be wrong, you don't need to agree with me. I do feel like, as @Shots said, `I don't agree with you" turned into "I don't like you"`, and I feel like my responses are fueling it as well.
I think that no justification is needed to do what you want to do - be climate friendly and own a Jeep. There are organization like Treadlightly that teach conscientious preservation of wilderness without coming across as being preachy. I don't think that people "don't like you" because they disagree with you or your viewpoint. It is just you blatantly say some real serious contradicting thing that prompts people to scoff it off as hypocrisy! And then you justified over it with long explanation. I have negative opinion about the duck thing too - (here - check out post #199 of this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-ducking-duck-duck-jeep.55215/post-1301358) but when you use some careless word and strong language to describe what other people do, and then come as self righteous and preachy over it, well naturally people would point you out.

Now if you had say - "you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening BUT I am to blame as well cause I cannot help getting a gas guzzling Jeep even though it makes me double standard but JEEP are SO DAMN FRIGGIN COOL it and I hadda have it even if it goes against my belief in climate change" I am sure that people would have been more sympathetic towards you. :like:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You're not wrong, Jeeps are so damn friggin cool.

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

I admit I used wrong wording, I am sorry. In my defense, I didn't think I used hard words, but then again, English is my second language and my intention was not to ridicule or offend anyone. I just shared my thoughts, and did a pretty bad job in explaining it :)

Last edited:

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

I admit I used wrong wording, I am sorry. In my defense, I didn't think I used hard words, but then again, English is my second language and my intention was not to ridicule or offend anyone. I just shared my thoughts, and did a pretty bad job in explaining it :)
Well, if you happen to get one, you can recycle it by putting it on someone elses Jeep.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Containers full of rubber ducks being shipped thousands of miles on cargo ships...just saying. :devil:
And yes, i'm being facetious, please don't put me on the hates rubber ducks hate list, I don't really care either way who's ducking who.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Not a big deal. It is not that deep and we are by and large a forgiving crowd. Congrats on being able to read, write and speak in multiple languages.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... Congrats on being able to read, write and speak in multiple languages.
I'll second that.
English is my native language, but I three years of Spanish in school, plus one year after specific to "conversational" rather than grammar and rules. Even with that I only speak it well enough to barely get by. I recently picked up German, and the teaching method is different than I learned Spanish. Although I'm still very new at it, I can see that I will have a better ability to read and write it as I progress. It's one thing to be able to "understand" someone's language, it's quite different to be able to speak it. It's even more difficult to write it in a manner that looks natural. Well done.

Kevin, I'm using that image if I ever get ducked. I'll post it here along with the picture of the duck. That picture sums up the whole idea of Jeep ducking. The heck with all the noise, instead it's "cool a duck!"

Jeepadoodle

First Name
Kerwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Got my first ducking today. A buddy and I went to a toy drive at a local Jeep lift shop. Local Jeeper member posted the event and what a good cause to donate toys for kids and spend a little time chatting with fellow Jeepers. Shortly after we got there, a group of kids ran out the door and later we saw them again checking out the Jeeps and my guess ducking folks as the arrived. Flame away if you disagree with the ducking, but put a smile on my face and reminded me that these kids will someday grow up and get their own Jeeps based on the love and passion they learned when they were younger.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Who’d have thought some as innocuous as a little rubber duckie would have got so many folks panties in a knot? Frankly, who cares? If someone was vandalizing a vehicle that’s a whole different story, but these little ducks? I don’t get or support the whole ducking thing, but I’m not going to go off over it either. If It makes anyone smile what’s the harm? Folks need to lighten up-there are enough “real” issues in the world,