Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
You're assuming you will see the person to tell them you like the Jeep. Typically the ducks are placed anonymously.

That said. If you're so concerned about your carbon footprint that a single duck is a concern, you're driving the wrong vehicle. For one you should be riding a bicycle. If you must drive, you should be driving a hybrid. You should also NOT be buying a new hybrid since that used resources. To be truly environmentally conscious, you should drive a used hybrid if you must drive, otherwise you should walk or ride a bike.
So tell me again SJW how you're minimizing your carbon footprint by driving a new Jeep?

Advertisement

Last edited:

zgrw

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You're assuming you will see the person to tell them you like the Jeep. Typically the ducks are placed anonymously.

That said. If you're so concerned about your carbon footprint that a single duck is a concern, you're driving the wrong vehicle. For one you should be riding a bicycle. If you must drive, you should be driving a hybrid. You should also NOT be buying a new hybrid since that used resources. To be truly environmentally conscious, you should drive a used hybrid if you must drive, otherwise you should walk or ride a bike.
So tell me again SJW how you're minimizing your carbon footprint by driving a new Jeep?
I am not assuming people will see somebody, but you are assuming that you know me :)

I actually do drive a bicycle for daily commute (at least before covid, now wfh full time), wrangler is for my off roading needs. The mention of hybrid is a totally different topic, and it is not as green as people think actually due to the nature of how we produce electricity. But this is not the topic.

I am not saying you should be 100% green, I am only saying you shouldn't be wasting resources unnecessarily. An example to this would be leaving bathroom faucet on for the entire night, you wouldn't do it because it is wasteful, but this doesn't stop you from taking a shower. If you really want to tell them anonymously that you like their vehicle, you can write a small note, which would be billion times better for the environment than the rubber duck. Alternatively, you can just wait for 5 minutes to see if they are coming out to tell them you like the vehicle, with the duck you are already costing them 5 minutes (i would recycle it immediately), at least you can return the 5 minutes back just waiting for them.

On the side not; Just to be clear, I am not judging anyone if you are using your vehicles for daily drive. I don't know anything about your life, your needs, or anything else. I personally would use my wrangler as daily drive if I were to live further away from my workplace. My only point is, we can live without leaving rubber ducks in peoples vehicles. This is not a necessity, you don't need to tell me how much you like my vehicle, if you want to, please tell me face to face, we can have a chat, I would appreciate it way more than a toy.

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I know you or your needs. However, I can't come up with a need for someone to own a brand new (2021) Rubicon, when there are likely more environmentally friendly options. This is excluding the fact that they wanted it of course. Even if a person needs an off-road vehicle, a used Jeep is more environmentally sound because it doesn't use more supplies. It was already made and purchased. The impact may be minor for a new vehicle, but we're relating it to the impact of a rubber duck that you said was wasteful.
Maybe you need a Rubicon, not just any old off road vehicle. I don't know, since I don't know you. I'm just saying that the impact of a single rubber duckie is less than that of a brand new Rubicon. Neither are necessary so both are wasteful if we're being technical.

As for hybrids.
I understand your concern about the impact of 100% electric cars. That is debatable depending if the electric is harvested via hydro, wind, nuclear or coal. Although many studies suggest full electric is more environmentally friendly than gasoline and diesel it is still a topic being developed/studied.
However. A hybrid uses both fossil fuels and electric. Many hybrids never need plugged in. They generate their own electric (typically by friction while braking and from the gas engine which is already running to propel the car when the battery isn't doing it). These hybrids can get 50-60 mpg and never need plugged in. Compare that to a gas/diesel vehicle that gets 20-30 mpg. It is a greener option by using less fuel without using an external power supply for the electric.
But you're right, that's off topic. Just some food for thought.

Anyway back to ducks. I also agree that I'd love to talk to a person about our Jeeps. I've done it more than once in a parking lot or at a trail head and I love it every time.
Frequently though, you park next to a Jeep and one of you is gone before the other and you never see each other. A little duck just says "hi nice Jeep." Also consider that they don't always have to be new ducks. If a person wants to be green, they could certainly pass the duck along to another Jeep. So it could be a "recycled" duck which has zero environmental impact beyond that first purchase (much like a used car).

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
In my opinion this (duckduckjeep) is pure waste of time and resources. You are spending your money, your time and my time on a stupid toy, also, you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening. We were supposed to be frugal and not increase our carbon foot print unnecessarily but yet here we are...

I personally would be super annoyed if I ever to find this toy littering my vehicle. If you want to give smiles to someone, just tell them that their rig looks cool by your own words, same effect and cheaper.
You must be related to the dick surgeon in NC. Now, come on. Tell us about your hobbies and entertainment and we'll let you know how "un-green" they are (starting with you wasting electrical energy posting on web sites and media).

OP
conFUcius

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Pharmacy Product Implementation Manager
Sooo my wife and I duck Jeeps. I replaced my 17 year old Dakota with a 2 door soft top Punkin. We loved it so much my wife traded her loaded Escape for a 2 door soft top and is Jeep all in. She thinks it’s cool to spread the new found love of Jeeps. While she realizes most of the Jeeps we duck owners are probably not as new to Jeeps as we are it still makes her and me feel like we are sharing in the Jeep community. In our area I think we are about the only one ducking. We have had people post on Facebook the ducks we put on their Jeeps and they got it. Today we ducked a blacked out Rubi with a vanity tag. Owner threw it on the ground. Wife was crushed all she wanted to do was say hey nice Jeep. Rubi was filthy dirty, not I wheeled it hard dirty, I leave it outside never wash it dirty. I was not surprised vanity tag said “surgeon” either he was cool or a dick so surgeon in NC you are a dick.
If they were a surgeon, maybe they were worried the duck had COVID? :giggle: :facepalm: ;) I’m just messing with you. Come to Raleigh and duck my Jeep, I’ll set it on my tool chest as a souvenir!

zgrw

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You must be related to the dick surgeon in NC. Now, come on. Tell us about your hobbies and entertainment and we'll let you know how "un-green" they are (starting with you wasting electrical energy posting on web sites and media).
Please read rest of the posts before getting all excited, feeling offended and entitled to respond :)

Also, "dick" surgeon in NC is really a bad personality, I wouldn't throw a duck on the ground and took off. It is both disrespectful and harmful (and illegal). As I said earlier, I would be annoyed as hell but recycle it, I wouldn't crash someone else's mood because they put a toy on my car.

There was a post about kids putting rubber ducks to someone's jeep (probably 3rd page). Which in my opinion cute and fun, as a matter of fact, this is child's game. If kids do it, I would laugh together with them, if it is an adult doing it, I just don't want to be part of your game and you shouldn't be enforcing it on me. If you want to play with ducks, please do so in your own space and at your own time.

I am not here to change mindset of people, or anything else, I am only on this forum to learn more about the vehicle, and mods, and DIY stuff. I believe I made my point, you may attack me all you want, I don't care slightest to be honest :) You don't have to agree with me, you have your own mind and intelligence and I have mine., I may be wrong or you may be wrong. One thing though, I am open to listen your opinion and you should be equally respectful.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...... Come to Raleigh and duck my Jeep, I’ll set it on my tool chest as a souvenir!
Same. I'll keep the first, and re-duck any after that.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
......You don't have to agree with me, you have your own mind and intelligence and I have mine., I may be wrong or you may be wrong. One thing though, I am open to listen your opinion and you should be equally respectful.
Agreed. Which is why we were able to have a polite and mature exchange. I wish society would get back to that. Social media has made people forget that you don't have to agree all the time to be friendly/friends. Somewhere along the line, "I don't agree with you" turned into "I don't like you."
Not saying anyone here was doing that, just something I noticed about society in general and your comment made me think of it.

DaltonGang

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
In my opinion this (duckduckjeep) is pure waste of time and resources. You are spending your money, your time and my time on a stupid toy, also, you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening. We were supposed to be frugal and not increase our carbon foot print unnecessarily but yet here we are...

I personally would be super annoyed if I ever to find this toy littering my vehicle. If you want to give smiles to someone, just tell them that their rig looks cool by your own words, same effect and cheaper.
Well i did have you pegged as a "Self Absorbed Douche Bag", but that wouldn't be nice. all over a little duck?? So, I won't call you that.
It must be nice being you, to go through life, condemning others, for something you yourself are. Carbon footprint??? Gag!! Aren't you expecting a Rubicon,, you have ordered?? Geee, i wonder what the carbon footprint is for that thing.
You, sir, are a "Self Righteous Hypocrite" , not a "Self Absorbed Douche Bag", like I was originally going to call you.

Chocolate Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

298F3102-3E2A-4E1F-9B51-E57900CAC55C.gif

zgrw

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well i did have you pegged as a "Self Absorbed Douche Bag", but that wouldn't be nice. all over a little duck?? So, I won't call you that.
It must be nice being you, to go through life, condemning others, for something you yourself are. Carbon footprint??? Gag!! Aren't you expecting a Rubicon,, you have ordered?? Geee, i wonder what the carbon footprint is for that thing.
You, sir, are a "Self Righteous Hypocrite" , not a "Self Absorbed Douche Bag", like I was originally going to call you.
This post just made my day :D I was wondering when someone was going to use that word, thank you :)

I admit I sound like hypocrite, but without knowing the full picture, you may never know. I am also repeating myself here; I am not saying we should go 100% green (which is absolutely impossible and ridiculous). The only thing I said was, rubber ducks are just waste, waste of time and resources and there is bunch of other social aspects to it (like working conditions in the countries it produced etc..) and this is my opinion. If you don't like it, then just do whatever you want. I personally prefer not to have rubber ducks on my car, and if I get one, I will recycle it.

zgrw

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I really want to end discussion about my post in this thread.

Therefore, I sincerely do apologize from you all if I upset you in anyway. These are nevertheless my thoughts which I concluded based on the information I know.

Again, I am only human, I might be wrong, you don't need to agree with me. I do feel like, as @Shots said, `I don't agree with you" turned into "I don't like you"`, and I feel like my responses are fueling it as well.

I will not respond to anything on this topic anymore. I wish you all a nice day.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Sport S JL, 2020 Bikini Sport Freedom JL, 1991 Mustang GT
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
If they were a surgeon, maybe they were worried the duck had COVID? :giggle: :facepalm: ;) I’m just messing with you. Come to Raleigh and duck my Jeep, I’ll set it on my tool chest as a souvenir!
I'll be up there sometime, i bought the Bikini up there.

DaltonGang

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This post just made my day :D I was wondering when someone was going to use that word, thank you :)

I admit I sound like hypocrite, but without knowing the full picture, you may never know. I am also repeating myself here; I am not saying we should go 100% green (which is absolutely impossible and ridiculous). The only thing I said was, rubber ducks are just waste, waste of time and resources and there is bunch of other social aspects to it (like working conditions in the countries it produced etc..) and this is my opinion. If you don't like it, then just do whatever you want. I personally prefer not to have rubber ducks on my car, and if I get one, I will recycle it.
I accept your explanation. When someone goes off on the whole Carbon Footprint, Gas Mileage, Greenei Weenie thing, it is kind of annoying. You, being in B.C., need to understand how many of us feel, in the lower 48. Al Gore has helped perpetuate one of the biggest hoaxes on the world, for his own gain, and much of the world has bought into it.

Last edited:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
I used to shoot weddings and a young couple were leaving the reception up to their uncle, who had obviously never attended a wedding or had a shotgun to his back at his. I asked him what song he was going to have the new couple dance to for their first dance and he said "Cocaine by Clapton". I talked him into another good song, but out of that one. The couple upon him telling them later what his original plans were, thanked me privately for working with him.

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement