Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep)

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
To all the people who have posted negatively about getting ducked. I challenge you to post a picture of your Jeep getting down and dirty on the trail. If you are worried about a rubber duck on your Jeep, there is no fucking way you are actually using your Jeep.

As I read these ten pages of comments, all I could think about is some of these mother fuckers are zero fun around a camp fire and must have ordered an angry grill as their first mod.

So if you posted some negative shit about the awful ducks, post up your most rad offroad picture. I will wait. Can't wait to see them. I am going to be positive that the pics will be awesome.

Note, I have been ducked. I thought to myself, someone ordered a duck, decorated said duck and tagged said duck, and then placed it on my Jeep. They spent time, energy and money to potentially make someone that they do not know happy. I smiled as that is. This kind of person we need in society. They gave and wanted nothing in return, other than a smile.

Advertisement

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Video Editor
Vehicle Showcase
To all the people who have posted negatively about getting ducked. I challenge you to post a picture of your Jeep getting down and dirty on the trail. If you are worried about a rubber duck on your Jeep, there is no fucking way you are actually using your Jeep.

As I read these ten pages of comments, all I could think about is some of these mother fuckers are zero fun around a camp fire and must have ordered an angry grill as their first mod.

So if you posted some negative shit about the awful ducks, post up your most rad offroad picture. I will wait. Can't wait to see them. I am going to be positive that the pics will be awesome.

Note, I have been ducked. I thought to myself, someone ordered a duck, decorated said duck and tagged said duck, and then placed it on my Jeep. They spent time, energy and money to potentially make someone that they do not know happy. I smiled as that is. This kind of person we need in society. They gave and wanted nothing in return, other than a smile.
giphy.gif

I went outside the other day and found out that my daughter's best friend had ducked me when she came over to visit. She even took the time to try to find one in a military uniform to honor my service. Was it a random stranger, no, but it was still cool none the less.

Look in the last month, I have found out another friend has stage 4 cancer, just lost another friend to stage 4 liver cancer, had a great aunt pass away, and my youngest was in a car accident. The damn duck put a much-needed smile on my face.

PXL_20201005_191144731.jpg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Fuck the duck! LOL

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
giphy.gif

I went outside the other day and found out that my daughter's best friend had ducked me when she came over to visit. She even took the time to try to find one in a military uniform to honor my service. Was it a random stranger, no, but it was still cool none the less.

Look in the last month, I have found out another friend has stage 4 cancer, just lost another friend to stage 4 liver cancer, had a great aunt pass away, and my youngest was in a car accident. The damn duck put a much-needed smile on my face.

PXL_20201005_191144731.jpg
I like that duck. It would go well with my air force service

nerp

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I found this because someone put a batman duck on my Jeep. He's super cute and he sits on my dash now. I don't understand all of you who are somehow thinking that these ducks are violations of your precious ego/etc... It's not like their touching your crotch dude. Chill. In fact, I don't think my Jeep was actually touched or licked or caressed or whatever by another human when they placed the batman duck on my hood. I prefer to think they put the duck on my jeep, smiled and walked away. It's not like they put a banana in my tailpipe. In turn, I bought 2 Halloween zombie ducks and I plan to put them on jeeps I think are cool. Sorry in advance if you feel violated. The zombie ducks are olive drab with an eyeball hanging from one side. They are adorable.

(Touching your winch, however ... that's just f-ked up)
Terry

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)

Dude, this is the best post I've ever read. Well said, sir.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
..... In fact, I don't think my Jeep was actually touched or licked or caressed or whatever by another human when they placed the batman duck on my hood. I prefer to think they put the duck on my jeep, smiled and walked away....
Good point. I know my wife smiled when she ducked the Jeep next to me. I never really thought about it, but you're getting two smiles for the price of one. The ducker smiles when they do it, and the duckee smiles when the receive it. That's two more happy people in the world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think it's nice.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OK so I think is a harmless way to show that someone who loves jeeps recognizes you for your rig. If you don't want someone else to give you a friendly, Harmless duck on your jeep or maybe your jealous cause no one is Ducking you, then just Duck Yourself.

Last edited:

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Video Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I like that duck. It would go well with my air force service
he is definitely an Air Force duck, but this Navy guy will travel with him on my next adventure. :rock:

nerp

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. I know my wife smiled when she ducked the Jeep next to me. I never really thought about it, but you're getting two smiles for the price of one. The ducker smiles when they do it, and the duckee smiles when the receive it. That's two more happy people in the world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think it's nice.

If you have the book of faces - this video of a T-Rex ducking 2 jeeps is hilarious.

nostatic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I dont really have a duck in this fight, but given that this phenomenon is partially driven by social media which is about selling attention, some are in fact getting something in return. #socialdillema

If people get a smile out of this then great - we certainly need more of those to go around. I'm happy to strike up a conversation with another Jeep owner but so far no duck has been required. And anyway, why a duck?

And for the record I’m actually hilarious around the campfire and know how to cook. Mom always said I'm special.

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement