Sponsored

Jeep driver survives after plunging off top of six-story parking garage!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yeah they should be able to figure out what happened pretty easy. I don't always take a blood warrant to mean they suspect alcohol/drugs though. Some agencies do it to rule it out even if it's not suspected. But given the age it does seem to be an easy assumption to make.

You're absolutely right that 30 is significant for a parking lot, I agree with you completely. And yes the damage is consistent with what happened.
My only point was that people see it traveled across 4+ lanes while airborne and most people assume it had to be traveling very fast in general. Yes it's fast for where it was, but not what people would generally consider fast in most cases (such as on the road).
You would think he had to be going faster then 30 mph initially to get through the cable barrier? His speed after being slowed down by the barrier was 30 mph right?
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Apparently wasn't properly equipped:

upload_2020-2-24_12-20-38.png

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You would think he had to be going faster then 30 mph initially to get through the cable barrier? His speed after being slowed down by the barrier was 30 mph right?
Yes, 30 is the speed after the barrier. That's also assuming he didn't tumble to where we see him (which I think he did), so the post-barrier calculation is probably a bit high.
I'd love to see where he first contacted the ground because I could get a better speed that way. I'm also curious what the specs on the barrier is, since that determines how much speed it reduces.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
Few observations, cheap windshield glass looks like it cracked, two damn ESS may be culprit, was it 2.0 or 3.6, we need to know?, maybe to much skinny pedal and some where I bet he asked a buddy to hold his beer and said watch this HEHE

Sponsored

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
So, looking at the pics and damage, this is what I think (fwiw):
Jeep exited the sixth level of garage, through 15mph rated steel cables and launched across street, landed upside down on upper rear roll-bar crossmember approximately in lane closest to McD’s, then continuing flip forward landing against the building.
Sounds and looks about right, according to the pics.
Speed was considerably more than 15 mph, to break through those cables and not teeter and fall nearly straight down.
.... How did the two passengers have enough time or warning to jump out?

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Few observations, cheap windshield glass looks like it cracked, two damn ESS may be culprit, was it 2.0 or 3.6, we need to know?, maybe to much skinny pedal and some where I bet he asked a buddy to hold his beer and said watch this HEHE
Just wow, I'm glade to hear nobody was killed. BUT this isn't a JL look at the padding on the bars and door handles. so no 2.0 or 3.0 I guess maybe it could have been a 2.8L.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the lift could cause him, with enough forward momentum, to hit the cables high enough to vault forward over the steel cable guards.

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wow, I'm glade to hear nobody was killed. BUT this isn't a JL look at the padding on the bars and door handles. so no 2.0 or 3.0 I guess maybe it could have been a 2.8L.
You’re right, it was a JK. Looking at the door handles is a dead giveaway!
It’s on the wrong forum...;)
Sponsored