Sponsored

Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)!

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
Very secure Hex! I use Kurgo dog seat cover on the back seat of my two doors Jeep - it is a thick waterproof material and fits perfectly. My two pups always have harness on them since they have tendency to pull when they get a bit excited. I am also using Kurgo harness - where they have this special metal buckle that is really easy to put on but difficult to come off unless you really want it to - then it is as easy as just flip the buckle.

To tether them to my Jeep - I use Kurgo adjustable seat belt tether for dogs, for safety reason I also bought the seatbelt guard but I found out that the seatbelt buckle rest snugly under the seat cover and there are no way my dogs can accidentally release the tether so I returned them.

Seat Cover (photo is the link to the Amazon site for your reference)

1601003438421.png

Kurgo Harness - fantastic strong harness with the special metal buckle. Super strong and super durable - has been using it for over 6 years and it still work like new!

20190213_175925 (2).jpg

1601003611152.png

Finally - the seat belt tether also from Kurgo.

1601003725804.png

In additional - I am using Lupine Pet leashes. These four feet long leashes (they also have six feet) are so soft to touch and very sturdy and they are backed by lifetime warranty if you have problem with the leash. So far I replaced them every two years - I know that I can get replacement but Lupine have such awesome product and customer service that I gladly give them my money and support their business because they are really dog-centric and really know what dog owners need!

1601003961165.png

Hope this helps! :like:

Awwww that is a nice name for that small fella - Moose!!! Love that name. Its original. How old is Moose? I never thought that you would be a small doggie kind of person. I bet that small dog of yours have big personality. Haha! Yes please share your experience off roading with Moose and do take a few photos for us!! I can only imagine how excited that little guy would be. Will you let him get muddy too? Cause when I am out walking with my dogs on the trail - they DO get muddy. Can't wait to hear more! Have an awesome trip Mike!
Thank you so much! Definitely going to get it for my Sherman Sheppard!
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
They’re all beautiful guys!
Sorry I can’t join the fun. We have cats so my Jeep/pet stories are them in a crate crying to and from the vet and me going “ok, ok calm down, we’re gonna see the doctor and then we go back home”. This of course makes them cry louder.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Awwww that is a nice name for that small fella - Moose!!! Love that name. Its original. How old is Moose? I never thought that you would be a small doggie kind of person. I bet that small dog of yours have big personality. Haha! Yes please share your experience off roading with Moose and do take a few photos for us!! I can only imagine how excited that little guy would be. Will you let him get muddy too? Cause when I am out walking with my dogs on the trail - they DO get muddy. Can't wait to hear more! Have an awesome trip Mike!
Moose turned 3 this last July 1st. It's the long running nickname for one of the main characters in me and my wife's favorite TV show, Supernatural. A year after we brought him home, I got my JLUR. I didn't want a random and boring license plate so I ended up using the other characters nickname, SQUIRR3L.

I always thought of larger working breeds, when I was younger. But when it came down to it, our work schedules and how we spend free time works better with a lower maintenance smaller dog. A couple runs around the living room wipes him out, so longer outdoor walks aren't necessary. We still bring him out a lot, but he tires quick and starts begging to be carried. Lol. He's easily bathed in the sink, and is being dried within 10 minutes. Can't reach high enough to make a mess or get into trouble. And doesn't shed, which is a big plus.

We brought him to Colorado, when he was about 18 months old. He loves the outdoors, but again, tires out after not too long. As long as he doesn't get into anything staining, its no big deal. Here's a pic of me carrying him the rest of the way up a relatively short trail.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 20180109_143225

A couple more pics of Moose, one when he was still too young to take home and another from more recent. And a shot of the plate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 20170916_122916
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 20200108_145321
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 20200813_083632_resized

Sponsored

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
They’re all beautiful guys!
Sorry I can’t join the fun. We have cats so my Jeep/pet stories are them in a crate crying to and from the vet and me going “ok, ok calm down, we’re gonna see the doctor and then we go back home”. This of course makes them cry louder.
Awwww Steve!!! I did not mean to exclude you - we still love you even though you own a cat and not a dog. It is okay that cat people are more independent and affectionate (I think it takes a lot to love cats as dogs would just ogle at you stupidly with googily eyes, while cats always have this "what can YOU do for ME today). What is the name of your cat? I know that cats owner usually have a few cats - how many cats do you have? Thanks for not disliking us dog people. You rock.

Moose turned 3 this last July 1st. It's the long running nickname for one of the main characters in me and my wife's favorite TV show, Supernatural. A year after we brought him home, I got my JLUR. I didn't want a random and boring license plate so I ended up using the other characters nickname, SQUIRR3L.

I always thought of larger working breeds, when I was younger. But when it came down to it, our work schedules and how we spend free time works better with a lower maintenance smaller dog. A couple runs around the living room wipes him out, so longer outdoor walks aren't necessary. We still bring him out a lot, but he tires quick and starts begging to be carried. Lol. He's easily bathed in the sink, and is being dried within 10 minutes. Can't reach high enough to make a mess or get into trouble. And doesn't shed, which is a big plus.

We brought him to Colorado, when he was about 18 months old. He loves the outdoors, but again, tires out after not too long. As long as he doesn't get into anything staining, its no big deal. Here's a pic of me carrying him the rest of the way up a relatively short trail.
20180109_143225.jpg

A couple more pics of Moose, one when he was still too young to take home and another from more recent. And a shot of the plate.
20170916_122916.jpg
20200108_145321.jpg
20200813_083632_resized.jpg
Mike! Now that we have a clearer photo of your pup - Moose is super cute!!! :like: Is he some kind of teacup breed? I noticed that you can easily carry him in your bag. I bet that fella have a big personality. I envy you that you can take Moose in a domestic flight - one of the disadvantage of having two medium size dogs is that you cannot travel with them in a plane. But that encourages us to actually make a long road trip and explore good ol America. Long trips include NJ (I live across NYC Hudson) to Miami, visiting the Shenandoah Mountains on the way down and visiting nice places such as Savannah, Charleston and Myrtle Beach. I had drove to Chicago and back and recently last year I drove the dogs to Quebec City making a loop of Niagara Falls and coming back via upstate New York Ithaca.

I think there is a big advantage of owning a smaller breed dog (even though they get so tired from running around with their small legs :LOL:) and that is they have a longer lifespan! Sparky my Wheaten Terrier (about 40 lbs) is 9 years old now, and I don't want to put this negatively, but I really hope to make a road trip of a lifetime to Alaska with him. He is my best dog ever.

Thank you for sharing those awesome photos of Moose! I saw one photo with the blue bandanna. I bet he melts you and your wife's heart with ever interaction. I also know what you mean by him getting muddy - he is so small and short. Even the regular grass with morning dew would get his belly wet. And bro - Moose is a perfect name for him because if Sammy Winchester were to be reincarnate as a dog - Moose would be it!! And your rugged Jeep is aptly named SQUIRR3L totally fits the rougher personality of Dean (yes yes I know it is no Impala but all the rock and heavy metal music can be used to apply to your Jeep)! Yes I am a big fan of Supernatural too - although I am one season behind (I collect the series via blu-ray and only watch it on blu-ray to justify my purchases). I am sad that it is ending soon - but I really REALLY hope that they don't kill off any of the brothers (permanent death) because it WOULD REALLY REALLY SUCK!!!!!! For all the cliffhanger of one of them dying and then coming back to life. If they did perma death that I would literally RAGE QUIT, curse the $&%# outta that show and burn all my SN discs (fine I will give the entire collection to you after I smash the last disc of every season!!!! - its okay I will give you fifty cents to buy these discs back individually on Ebay). BTW Bobby was my most favorite character in SN. Idjits!

Thank you for sharing a photo of you! Bro you could look like a Winchester brother yourself (tell your wife that haha). Your dog is so damn cute!Super awesome photos. I love Colorado myself too - and might be thinking of moving there in a few years. Your post made my morning! Thank you for sharing! You are the best bro! Have a good weekend.

"Carry on my wayward son, for there'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more!"
:like:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mike! Now that we have a clearer photo of your pup - Moose is super cute!!! :like: Is he some kind of teacup breed? I noticed that you can easily carry him in your bag. I bet that fella have a big personality. I envy you that you can take Moose in a domestic flight - one of the disadvantage of having two medium size dogs is that you cannot travel with them in a plane. But that encourages us to actually make a long road trip and explore good ol America. Long trips include NJ (I live across NYC Hudson) to Miami, visiting the Shenandoah Mountains on the way down and visiting nice places such as Savannah, Charleston and Myrtle Beach. I had drove to Chicago and back and recently last year I drove the dogs to Quebec City making a loop of Niagara Falls and coming back via upstate New York Ithaca.

I think there is a big advantage of owning a smaller breed dog (even though they get so tired from running around with their small legs :LOL:) and that is they have a longer lifespan! Sparky my Wheaten Terrier (about 40 lbs) is 9 years old now, and I don't want to put this negatively, but I really hope to make a road trip of a lifetime to Alaska with him. He is my best dog ever.

Thank you for sharing those awesome photos of Moose! I saw one photo with the blue bandanna. I bet he melts you and your wife's heart with ever interaction. I also know what you mean by him getting muddy - he is so small and short. Even the regular grass with morning dew would get his belly wet. And bro - Moose is a perfect name for him because if Sammy Winchester were to be reincarnate as a dog - Moose would be it!! And your rugged Jeep is aptly named SQUIRR3L totally fits the rougher personality of Dean (yes yes I know it is no Impala but all the rock and heavy metal music can be used to apply to your Jeep)! Yes I am a big fan of Supernatural too - although I am one season behind (I collect the series via blu-ray and only watch it on blu-ray to justify my purchases). I am sad that it is ending soon - but I really REALLY hope that they don't kill off any of the brothers (permanent death) because it WOULD REALLY REALLY SUCK!!!!!! For all the cliffhanger of one of them dying and then coming back to life. If they did perma death that I would literally RAGE QUIT, curse the $&%# outta that show and burn all my SN discs (fine I will give the entire collection to you after I smash the last disc of every season!!!! - its okay I will give you fifty cents to buy these discs back individually on Ebay). BTW Bobby was my most favorite character in SN. Idjits!

Thank you for sharing a photo of you! Bro you could look like a Winchester brother yourself (tell your wife that haha). Your dog is so damn cute!Super awesome photos. I love Colorado myself too - and might be thinking of moving there in a few years. Your post made my morning! Thank you for sharing! You are the best bro! Have a good weekend.

"Carry on my wayward son, for there'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more!"
:like:
Moose is a pure bred Maltese. We got him from Chrisman Maltese in Pennsylvania. Chris has been an AKC judge for about 22 years and Manny is quite a renowned master groomer. Moose has quite a pedigree from generations of best in breed, class, and show award winners. We don't show, just wanted a healthy boy from a reputable source. He was supposed to top out at about 6.5 lbs, but he's more active than the breed standard and is currently a lean 8 lbs. I'm hesitant to explain teacups, for fear of ruining the morning for you. We can save that for another time.

If I had the Jeep at that time, it would've been a road trip. How can a Jeeper travel from an illegal off roading state to the mecca for it, and leave the jeep behind. Lol I envy your travels. Work keeps me anchored for all but my winter off season.

I love my fuzzy boy, but I see through his game. Lol He's got my wife wrapped around his little pinky, but I've been dethroned as the king of the castle. I'm now the court jester at best. Hahaha

We do the same, in that we always wait for the September release of the blu ray box set. Such an awesome show! I also named my sorta build thread "the road so far". And I never named my Jeep, but always refer to it as "Baby". We were originally wanting to go to the convention up by Niagara falls this year, but our damn work schedules got in the way. "Balls!", Bobby said with a moody disposition. Or as Crowley would say, "Bullocks!" Hahaha

It sucks that such a great show has to end over WB not willing to do shorter seasons. Jenson and Jared wanted more time at home in between seasons, which is why 14 was shorter than all before it and 15 will be even shorter. The actors have said "you haven't seen the last of the Winchesters", so who knows what could happen. Either a pause before another season, or there's talk of a possible movie. Have you seen the Architectural Digest video tour of Jenson Ackles home in Texas? Or him singing?

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee / 2021 Wrangler Sport S
Hey! Newbie to the forum.. wondering what is the best dog harness y’all are using? I took a Wrangler break and went to a Grand Cherokee for acouple years, now back to Wrangler. We have 3 large dogs and now I have to find a way to keep them safe :like: Thanks in advance.

(attached dogs pic because who doesn’t wanna see dogs?!:giggle:)

ACD3A276-D915-40D0-9499-B8D7C1FA05AE.jpeg

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Hey! Newbie to the forum.. wondering what is the best dog harness y’all are using? I took a Wrangler break and went to a Grand Cherokee for acouple years, now back to Wrangler. We have 3 large dogs and now I have to find a way to keep them safe :like: Thanks in advance.

(attached dogs pic because who doesn’t wanna see dogs?!:giggle:)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! ACD3A276-D915-40D0-9499-B8D7C1FA05AE
OH EMMMM GEEEE!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS dog!!!! Three dogs?? Wow kudos to you. I can only handle two!!! My heart always get melty when it comes to dog. I am stupid like that.

Having said that - thanks for sharing the photo! Such GOOD looking dogs. I have two medium size dogs - and I put in some product recommendations (these work for big dogs too) based on my experience on the earlier post of this thread. Check it out.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-and-photos-of-your-pet-s.58707/post-1265201

I bet all three have different personalities. Hahaha!!! Thank you for sharing. Awesome!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 64716

Jeep + Dogs = So happy togetheeeeerrrrrrr!!!

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Sorry Jim! New here. I’ll look for the dog thread.
No problem, not directed at you. Things tend to get rather cluttered when people keep creating new threads for the exact same subject. The OP should know this.

Edit: The more I look around it seems on a forum this size repeat threads are inevitable, disregard my previous.

Last edited:
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee / 2021 Wrangler Sport S
OH EMMMM GEEEE!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS dog!!!! Three dogs?? Wow kudos to you. I can only handle two!!! My heart always get melty when it comes to dog. I am stupid like that.

Having said that - thanks for sharing the photo! Such GOOD looking dogs. I have two medium size dogs - and I put in some product recommendations (these work for big dogs too) based on my experience on the earlier post of this thread. Check it out.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-and-photos-of-your-pet-s.58707/post-1265201

I bet all three have different personalities. Hahaha!!! Thank you for sharing. Awesome!!

64716.jpg

Jeep + Dogs = So happy togetheeeeerrrrrrr!!!
Thank you!!
They definitely do have their own personalities, but they all get along so amazingly! Perfect pack. They even have their own IG account, check them out at the.muttly.crew

I’ll def look into the harness you’ve mentioned.