Curtispray

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram Sport, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Need some advice...

I ordered a Rubicon JL several months ago with a body color top. I waited 6 weeks and received a call from the dealer the Jeep was delivered but with the wrong top. The order, window sticker, and Jeep website all had the correct top listed, the Vin is also correct. I had the option to take this jeep and wait "a few weeks" for a new top or wait for another "6 to 8" and order a new Jeep. I opted to take the Jeep with an IOU for the correct top. The dealer has been more than apologetic and has attempted to provide updates every few days. I don't feel its their issue as they ordered the Jeep correctly.

I reached out to @JeepCares immediately through chat and numerous phone calls strictly looking for an ETA, with no resolve. Jeep customer service has been terrible, even hanging up on me on one occasion. I was assigned a case and case manager. I have reached out to the case manager 3 times and have yet to receive the promised return phone call. I received an email with an estimate of a week or two (its been over a week) and offering 4 oil changes/tire rotations. Which I believe was included with the Jeep already. I'm not expecting anything but for Jeep to expedite the correct top. I am after all paying for and driving a $54k Jeep that has the wrong color!

Jeep.jpg

Window Sticker.jpg
Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
God, FCA is a joke. I'm regretting buying this thing and it hasn't even arrived yet so I haven't even begun to experience the issues. FCA, get your shit together. The amazingly sad part is all these Jeep owners just go "oh we're used to it, it's Chrysler." Maybe the Jeep community needs to get their shit together and have some standards and not let FCA get away with everything because "it's a Jeep." Can't wait for Ford to give Jeep some competition. It's not just "a Jeep" now, it's a near $60k vehicle.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
How do these vehicles even leave the factory? Wrong hardtop, wrong fender on one side, missing Rubicon sticker on one side, etc.

Brings back memories of those autoworkers who were drinking and getting high during lunch. Hey... weren't they working for Chrysler?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
God, FCA is a joke. I'm regretting buying this thing and it hasn't even arrived yet so I haven't even begun to experience the issues. FCA, get your shit together. The amazingly sad part is all these Jeep owners just go "oh we're used to it, it's Chrysler." Maybe the Jeep community needs to get their shit together and have some standards and not let FCA get away with everything because "it's a Jeep." Can't wait for Ford to give Jeep some competition. It's not just "a Jeep" now, it's a near $60k vehicle.
Well said. They moved themselves upmarket and want to keep offering bottom of the industry customer service. A $55k Mercedes buyer wouldn't get treated anything like this if their order arrived incorrect. They certainly wouldn't get ghosted by their case manager and offered stuff that already comes with their jeep anyway.

It's unfortunate that the vehicle is so desirable they can get away with their quality of goods and service. I pray Toyota or Ford make a convertible off-roader again.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well said. They moved themselves upmarket and want to keep offering bottom of the industry customer service. A $55k Mercedes buyer wouldn't get treated anything like this if their order arrived incorrect. They certainly wouldn't get ghosted by their case manager and offered stuff that already comes with their jeep anyway.

It's unfortunate that the vehicle is so desirable they can get away with their quality of goods and service. I pray Toyota or Ford make a convertible off-roader again.
My BMW is a 2009 with 51k miles, was $67k brand new and is absolutely mint condition. I've never had one problem with it. It's 500whp, twin turbo, dual clutch, modified as hell, etc. Yet Jeep can't keep a body on frame truck with laughable (compared to 2018 BMW tech) tech in one piece? It's a vast improvement over the JK, but come on, you can't just put lipstick on a turd and expect people like me to not sue and rant and rave to the community about how bad the product is.

Not only that, when I walk into the Lexus and BMW dealers I'm treated like a king. Especially, by far, Lexus. They have the best customer service you'll ever experience. Car has a recall? Here's a BETTER Lexus to drive. FCA won't even give most of these guys cars to borrow off the dealer lot. My buddy with a JK Rubi did get a Dodge Ram a month ago, though.

Jeep owners get fucked and they're happy about it. Get it together.

edit: AND it's a hardtop convertible with one of the most complicated hard top conveyor systems I've ever seen. And it ALWAYS works.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
It’s true that the upscale car dealers treat their customers much better, but it doesn’t mean all Jeep dealers treat their customers bad. You just have to find that right dealer.

Also, BMW has had their share of issues especially when the twin turbo for the 3 series initially came out...reason I stayed away from one. Audi, which I own one, has had issues with fuel pumps and many other things. Acura’s are boring, Lexus styling is too polarizing, etc etc etc.

Ok, so FCA is having issues with a new launch of a vehicle that hasn’t been updated in over a decade that has an owner base which is very loyal. I don’t think these are out of the norm.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Does the dealer have another white jeep on their lot? If they do they can swap them out.

I have seen this and similar problems from all sorts of car manufacturers. I hope they get you the new top soon.

OP
OP

Curtispray

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram Sport, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Does the dealer have another white jeep on their lot? If they do they can swap them out.

I have seen this and similar problems from all sorts of car manufacturers. I hope they get you the new top soon.
Thank you! The dealer mentioned this as well, but has yet to get a white top in that wasn’t ordered.

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
My BMW is a 2009 with 51k miles, was $67k brand new and is absolutely mint condition. I've never had one problem with it. It's 500whp, twin turbo, dual clutch, modified as hell, etc. Yet Jeep can't keep a body on frame truck with laughable (compared to 2018 BMW tech) tech in one piece? It's a vast improvement over the JK, but come on, you can't just put lipstick on a turd and expect people like me to not sue and rant and rave to the community about how bad the product is.

Not only that, when I walk into the Lexus and BMW dealers I'm treated like a king. Especially, by far, Lexus. They have the best customer service you'll ever experience. Car has a recall? Here's a BETTER Lexus to drive. FCA won't even give most of these guys cars to borrow off the dealer lot. My buddy with a JK Rubi did get a Dodge Ram a month ago, though.

Jeep owners get fucked and they're happy about it. Get it together.

edit: AND it's a hardtop convertible with one of the most complicated hard top conveyor systems I've ever seen. And it ALWAYS works.

Cool story. You’re complaining about a car you haven’t even received? Regret having bought it when all you’ve done is order it? I’m sure you can walk away and someone else will gladly buy it. Sounds like you’ve been aware of all the FCA issues so why are you now complaining when you were happy to order one?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Funny thing is your white top probably ended up on someone else’s Jeep who ordered a black top. They are either happy they got a free colored top or in the same boat as you waiting for their black top. I saw this on a JK I was gonna buy a few years ago. Sticker showed black top, but Jeep had a color matched top.

Hope they resolve this soon. Just don’t let them offer to paint it for you. I had my black top on my JK repainted due to some issues and it didn’t look like the original and was just off in color. It’s one of the reasons I traded it in.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, there's issues, for sure.
Cool story. You’re complaining about a car you haven’t even received? Regret having bought it when all you’ve done is order it? I’m sure you can walk away and someone else will gladly buy it. Sounds like you’ve been aware of all the FCA issues so why are you now complaining when you were happy to order one?
Haha, here we go, here's your fleeced and complacent little Jeep guy.

At least you bought a Jeep though! Hope it doesn't break down when you need it the most.

I'll have my jeep in 2 weeks. I'll complain plentiful then. Maybe I can actually push this brand to not be a massive pile of shit. Probably not if people like you don't contribute to bettering it but just deal with it, cuz you know, it's a "Jeep."

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Oh, there's issues, for sure.

Haha, here we go, here's your fleeced and complacent little Jeep guy.

At least you bought a Jeep though! Hope it doesn't break down when you need it the most.

I'll have my jeep in 2 weeks. I'll complain plentiful then. Maybe I can actually push this brand to not be a massive pile of shit. Probably not if people like you don't contribute.
You’re already complaining so that won’t make a difference. what makes you think I’m some ‘fleeced and complacent little Jeep guy’? I don’t know you and you don’t know me- I’m just sticking to the facts of how you’re coming off. You’re ridiculous to expect luxury car treatment with a Jeep. And if the company is ‘a massive pile of shit’ why do you want one? So contradictory.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You’re already complaining so that won’t make a difference. what makes you think I’m some ‘fleeced and complacent little Jeep guy’? I don’t know you and you don’t know me- I’m just sticking to the facts of how you’re coming off. You’re ridiculous to expect luxury car treatment with a Jeep. And if the company is ‘a massive pile of shit’ why do you want one? So contradictory.
Brother, you really missed my point. I'm excited to get my Jeep. I've sold my other cars and am going to have my Rubicon only. I also want it to be a great experience, a $56k experience. Don't just settle, man. Don't settle for a vehicle where your UConnect crashes or goes insane every time you drive it. Don't settle for a vehicle that rusts. Don't settle for a vehicle where your trackbar will shear off from the frame.

I'm saying this stuff and I'm salty because I want this to be a $56k value.

Stop allowing Jeep/Chrysler/FCA to get away with an overpriced beta project.

tzinsli

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I like the black top with white fenders.. at least it’s not red or blue. Lol
My white Jeep should be here in a couple weeks. If it comes with a white top I’ll trade you. :)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Don't settle for a vehicle where your trackbar will shear off from the frame.
I'm saying this stuff and I'm salty because I want this to be a $56k value.
Exactly spot on ! Welds are Fundamental . I am very disappointed that either FCA or their contractor allow poor welds to shear off the trackbar . Frame and weld quality ought to be Fundamental in an off-road or military vehicle .

Hopefully you will inspect your vehicle thoroughly .

However , I must disagree with your hope that it will be a 56K value to the buyer ; it might have a 56K price , but that is not the same as value . The vehicle has a 56K value to FCA and the dealer , but not to the buyer , unfortunately . The buyer pays far more than the actual value to himself .

If you must have an apple immediately , the seller will sell it to you for $100 . The apple has a $100. value to the seller . But the value to the buyer remains at $1 . The buyer paid far more than the actual value to himself .

Make sense ?
Sponsored

Last edited: