Sponsored

Jeep delivered to dealer today. Can’t pick it up without certificate of origin?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Never heard of a Certificate of Origin before. Why wouldn’t this automatically come with the vehicle? Dealer said it might take a week to arrive?
Sponsored

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well, that's not a funny joke in any form or fashion. I hope someone will explain this because I just placed an order for a 2020 JLUR, and I would like to know if I should expect something like this.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
A Certificate of Origin is a piece of paper that looks like a Title that comes from the manufacturer. So it's a real thing. You need the Certificate of Origin to get a Title and register with your state. But why the dealer doesn't have it I'm not sure. You can google it...

Bucks45

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport, 1968 Chevelle, 1981 Camaro, 2017 Cadillac, 2013 HD Street Glide
Occupation
Director of Operations
Did you figure it out?

OP
OP
Gellie

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes. The CO came in on Wednesday. Two days after the Jeep was delivered. I spoke with FCA(my salesman is on vacation) they said it was a bit odd that the dealer said it would take a week. All good. Picking it up tomorrow.

Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I didn't get the CO in the mail until 2 weeks after I picked my Jeep up.

OP
OP
Gellie

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
BTW. Registered and titled the Jeep today at my local NJ DMV. They acted like they never saw CO before. Kept asking me if I had the title. Lol

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
BTW. Registered and titled the Jeep today at my local NJ DMV. They acted like they never saw CO before. Kept asking me if I had the title. Lol
Congrats duder !!

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
After working for a dealership for some 35 years I can answer that, MSO's as they are called are mailed out from the factory as the vehicle produced usually on the same day production is finished. Now since cars are shipped by either rail, or transport truck there is a time delay for shipping, but the MSO's are mailed and should arrive at the dealer before the vehicle arrives, but for some reasons, one the USPS could be one, or like in our case the assembly plant for Chevrolets was only 10 miles down the road and we received vehicle pretty quick, sometimes the next day off the assembly lime. I've seen MSO come as long as two, or three weeks behind the vehicle arriving, for what reason, who knows. Like someone said, the dealer can not work the deal without the MSO which they need to process the paper work.

trainman

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Good information but this thread is almost two years old at this point. Also, ending the post with your username is redundant.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Good information but this thread is almost two years old at this point. Also, ending the post with your username is redundant.
And somehow his post was still infinitely more useful than yours. (And now mine).
-Bocephus
-Bocephus

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Are you really white knighting on a Wrangler forum? Strange hobby bud.
Be honest with yourself, you woke up and decided to take the piss here for no reason. i'd call that out every day, any context. If that makes me a white knight in your world, okay. @Trainman had a good input, regardless of date of OP's post. Hope your life setting improves, and your mindset along with it bud.