Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Heads up display would be great. As a tall driver, looking down for the speedo is PITA.

It takes thirty minutes for UConnect to realize my 4xe is parked and connected to a charging station. If I’m trying to keep a group together, don’t think I would trust anything UConnect branded in lieu of a good old reliable radio.

Still not sold on the value of connected services. CarPlay or Android Auto has made manufacturer infotainment largely redundant. It’s free, and only limited by coverage.
Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
The idea of a HUD is pretty cool. I am a bit disappointed they did not do this with any of the hellcats. However, with the jeep, I would not like it as I think it would be a distraction on the trails. The front trail camera is already a distraction...having to look down and off the trail while using it doesn't seem that appealing. I do like the idea of pre-loaded trails though.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
The idea of a HUD is pretty cool. I am a bit disappointed they did not do this with any of the hellcats. However, with the jeep, I would not like it as I think it would be a distraction on the trails. The front trail camera is already a distraction...having to look down and off the trail while using it doesn't seem that appealing. I do like the idea of pre-loaded trails though.
What would be cool is a smaller HUD image (think iPhone size) showing what the trail cam sees…are you listening FCA errr Stellantis?

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What would be cool is a smaller HUD image (think iPhone size) showing what the trail cam sees…are you listening FCA errr Stellantis?
That would be great. Making the HUD reflect the trail cam or at least the path of travel.....It would help those times when your spotter is inexperienced or not paying attention.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Offroad navigation, trail marking , breadcrumbs should have been standard on all 7.0 and 8.4 screens with the JL launch. Why put a GPS/touch screen in a jeep if you cant use it off-road? Its silly we spend 30-60k on a jeep and still have to use separate hardware to accomplish this.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Just give us the over the air updates please.

Sponsored

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
Well, this little video advertisement will sure tug at some people's heart strings. It has lots of cute emotional imagery. But, it really doesn't say a darn thing that actual adults might want to know about the product, what it will be, what it will cost, what systems it will run on, why we ought to have it, or what it might cost. It looks to have been developed by a team of marketeers who have only a vague notion about what we actually do with our Jeeps. It's actually just a tad insulting.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Dealers will soon have surgical centers to implant your proximity key in your right hand.
Takes the “Jeep Wave” to a whole new level.

The “auto wave” feature will make your hand fly up anytime another Jeep is in the area, eliminating the “do I wave or not” questions as well as the awkward “do I wave first” moments.

In the configuration settings, activated only every other Tuesday when the uConnect app works, you can activate two additional modes for a small fee.

- One is “grumpy guy” mode whereby “I don’t f’ing wave at anyone” is standard.

- The other is “Bronco mode” where only the middle finger of the implanted hand presents itself when a Bronco passes by.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I want someone to tell a prospective buyer that it is all voice activated, then sit back and watch someone scream at their rig "UNLOCK!" "START!"
Hilarious! That reminds me of this:
Sponsored