Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep® Brand Debuts 'Path Connected' Video as Follow Up to 2021 Stellantis Software Day

December 8, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - As part of Stellantis Software Day, today the Jeep® brand posted "Path Connected," a video that provides a glimpse into how the Jeep community could personalize and enhance their off-road experience in the future with the use of connected software technology. The piece explores ideas, such as a subscription service offering pre-loaded trails, over-the-air updates, vehicle-to-vehicle communication capabilities – even without cellular connectivity – and augmented reality display.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
I was about to post this video. Looks like Uconnect 5 on the video… with that same damn small 8.4” screen that older vehicles have. Give us the 10.1”!!
Least the video hints at Uconnect 5 around the corner. I’d bet the MY 23 refresh includes it seeing as its advertised in this video. Hopefully they get all the incessant bugs out before then or else there will be problems. I’ve seen a plague of them on the GCL and Ram forums.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
This isn’t confirmed for the 2022 though right? Why would they advertise this if we can’t even get it for at least a year 😒

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
"Continuously and Effortlessly Enhancing Your Jeep 4x4's Technology"

This is comedy gold. Just ask my rear camera back up lines. If you can find them.

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
"Continuously and effortlessly enhancing your Jeep 4x4's technology"

This is comedy gold.
That's what "marketing" is!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to post this video. Looks like Uconnect 5 on the video… with that same damn small 8.4” screen that older vehicles have. Give us the 10.1”!!
Least the video hints at Uconnect 5 around the corner. I’d bet the MY 23 refresh includes it seeing as its advertised in this video. Hopefully they get all the incessant bugs out before then or else there will be problems. I’ve seen a plague of them on the GCL and Ram forums.
Even if they are planning to add a 10” screen to the redesigned JL, they couldn’t let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Jeep® Brand Debuts 'Path Connected' Video as Follow Up to 2021 Stellantis Software Day

December 8, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - As part of Stellantis Software Day, today the Jeep® brand posted "Path Connected," a video that provides a glimpse into how the Jeep community could personalize and enhance their off-road experience in the future with the use of connected software technology. The piece explores ideas, such as a subscription service offering pre-loaded trails, over-the-air updates, vehicle-to-vehicle communication capabilities – even without cellular connectivity – and augmented reality display.

I love this. Being a bit of a Software/ tech nerd and a gearhead, this stuff is both awesome and fascinating. Give us loaded public trail data in the Rubicon. Let us network with other people looking to go off roading straight from our Jeep (as long as I can shut it off).

Surprised they don't mention how much they're making off all the personal data they sell to 3rd parties.
I don't love this, and this and subscriptions are likely where the extra revenue is coming from. Likewise- this is the dark side of all the advancements in tech/ connectivity with vehicles.

I also don't like they likely won't have an upgrade for late model vehicles.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Dealers will soon have surgical centers to implant your proximity key in your right hand.
Having an RF chip implanted in you is already a thing. They do it at certain piercing/ tattoo shops. It's like microchipping your dog/ cat, sorta. I worked with a dude who had key fobs/ cards with RF chips in them for access to his apartment, office, etc. He had an implant with a chip in his hand and flashed with the required frequencies or whatever. "Body hacking", I think is the term. He said it was like getting a tattoo but less painful. I've seen it work and it was pretty cool

They show a 2021 with it's specs and other information. Maybe they will be able to upgrade Uc4 to Uc5 on existing hardware?
That would be awesome. Would also open the option up to aftermarket to offer upgrades as well, I'm guessing.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Dealers will soon have surgical centers to implant your proximity key in your right hand.
My God, could you imagine the horrors that would result from good ol' Jeep service depts doing this kind of thing??
Sponsored