Sponsored

Jeep Dealers Suck *OR* What Happened To Basic Customer Service?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes a little smoothing over of things helps and BUILDING a reLatinos hip with the Dealer helps too. Respect should go both ways has always been my calling card and if I don’t feel like that works I walk. Just ask the LARGEST Chevrolet Dealer in my area when they screwed me over on a brand new 2010 Camaro in for service.

Another thing that I do is I recognize good service with something as simple as a small gift card for someone that has done something for me. My wife was in a mood, but was shopping at a nice store. I was watching the young lady that was helping her, and the young lady stayed with it. I walked down and got a Starbucks gift card for $10 and went back and handed it to the young lady. She was amazed!, It was also HER first day on the Job. I told her to keep it up and she will do well!
THIS. 💚 It’s perhaps why I’ve received near perfect service since 2005 as being a vehicle owner.

Many times your demeanor as a customer can change the entire work atmosphere when dealing with folks in service. Asking them about their day, giving them a smile or even a box of kolaches or donuts for a massive repair, well done.

It means more than we realize.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone that works at a dealership explain to me why you continue to schedule service work when you can’t even touch the vehicle for a week? I understand part and labor shortages but even when I offer to wait a month to bring in my Jeep just to ensure it can be done timely I have no option. Control the things you can control, overbooking your short handed staff is one of those things.

the last 2 times I had to bring the Jeep in for warranty work even after being promised a loaner if I schedule out far enough (3 weeks), I show up to no loaner then Uconnect confirms my vehicle isn’t even started for 4+ days. I’m not asking for you to perform a miracle, I’m asking to not cause me to be out of a vital vehicle for a week to complete a 1 hr job.
You know…sometimes I wonder if it has anything to do with mileage especially for warranty work. Maybe they can “minimize” damage done to the vehicle by it being on the lot, theoretically.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
My “customer service experience” with a Jeep dealer…and Jeep.

I hadn’t heard any meaningful info from my dealer regarding my July 21, 2022 order so I reached out to Jeep Help Chat this morning to see if they could help. They saw my order and said that it had indeed exceeded the allotted time at “C” status and that it needed to be investigated. They assigned a case # and said Jeep would contact me within one day. I then passed this info on to the GM of my dealer (O’Hara, Falmouth, MA) and said that I would figure out what to do after hearing from Jeep. He very quickly shot me back an email stating that he didn’t care for the tone of my email and that he was cancelling my order, to call and get my deposit credited to my card. Nice customer service, huh?

I then called Jeep and spent 42 minutes on the phone with an exceptionally good customer service person, Akira. She was great and tried everything she could to help me, including calling the GM at O’Hara in Falmouth, MA. She told me that he was the rudest person she could recall speaking with and 100% understood why there is an issue, that the dealership lacked not only in customer service, but in people skills. She recorded all info, including the email from GM and the fact that they tried to sneak items onto the sales agreement (wheel locks, fabric protection). An attempt is being made to transfer my order to another Cape Jeep dealer, but it doesn’t look good. After I get my deposit back and am clear of this dealer, I will post further details just so anyone else looking to buy a Jeep in my area avoids O’Hara, Falmouth, MA and the incredible disappointment of not getting their Jeep. I wouldn’t wish these “salespeople” on anyone. I am pretty bummed out about this.

Since this disaster with O’Hara Jeep, I have reordered my JL through Central Jeep in Raynham, MA and so far, they have been good to deale with. I am hoping for a January delivery.

By the way, Jeep Chat did assign a case # to this order issue and said they would get back to via email in 1-business day – that was back in October, and I never heard back from Jeep. The whole concept of GOOD customer service has gone the way of the dinosaur, I fear.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My “customer service experience” with a Jeep dealer…and Jeep.

I hadn’t heard any meaningful info from my dealer regarding my July 21, 2022 order so I reached out to Jeep Help Chat this morning to see if they could help. They saw my order and said that it had indeed exceeded the allotted time at “C” status and that it needed to be investigated. They assigned a case # and said Jeep would contact me within one day. I then passed this info on to the GM of my dealer (O’Hara, Falmouth, MA) and said that I would figure out what to do after hearing from Jeep. He very quickly shot me back an email stating that he didn’t care for the tone of my email and that he was cancelling my order, to call and get my deposit credited to my card. Nice customer service, huh?

I then called Jeep and spent 42 minutes on the phone with an exceptionally good customer service person, Akira. She was great and tried everything she could to help me, including calling the GM at O’Hara in Falmouth, MA. She told me that he was the rudest person she could recall speaking with and 100% understood why there is an issue, that the dealership lacked not only in customer service, but in people skills. She recorded all info, including the email from GM and the fact that they tried to sneak items onto the sales agreement (wheel locks, fabric protection). An attempt is being made to transfer my order to another Cape Jeep dealer, but it doesn’t look good. After I get my deposit back and am clear of this dealer, I will post further details just so anyone else looking to buy a Jeep in my area avoids O’Hara, Falmouth, MA and the incredible disappointment of not getting their Jeep. I wouldn’t wish these “salespeople” on anyone. I am pretty bummed out about this.

Since this disaster with O’Hara Jeep, I have reordered my JL through Central Jeep in Raynham, MA and so far, they have been good to deale with. I am hoping for a January delivery.

By the way, Jeep Chat did assign a case # to this order issue and said they would get back to via email in 1-business day – that was back in October, and I never heard back from Jeep. The whole concept of GOOD customer service has gone the way of the dinosaur, I fear.
YIKES. 👀

Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Clubs

Denver, Colorado has the worst Jeep dealers I have come across in the 14 states we have lived in. Zero communication, zero sense of urgency, zero quality control, and probably the most frustrating is waiting a month to get an appointment only to find out it will be 3-5 business days before they look at your rig and then another 3-5 before you get pissed off enough to call to see what is going on with your Jeep only to find out they are not sure. Would be completely different if they provided loaner cars for vehicles purchased new from the dealer during the warranty period, that would put the ownership back on them.

To the earlier poster, it is absolutely a sign of the times, I have ranted on it as well. Nobody wants to actually work or treat others like they would like to be treated. Customers are just as much of the problem, screaming at employees is not helping. Unfortunately, it goes back to understaffing due to not enough good employees out there or penny pinching by the companies to not hire enough to keep up with the demand. Either way it is getting worse every day and we are screwed long term and it is not like we can't see it coming.
I just ran into this, tried to get a couple minor things just looked at under warranty (usb/radio glitches and the service fuel system message).

Made the appointment 3 weeks in advance, they held my Jeep for 3 days with no one even looking at it, at the end of it I had to take it back because I can’t go too long without a vehicle.

Any recommendations for half way decent places on the front range?

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I just ran into this, tried to get a couple minor things just looked at under warranty (usb/radio glitches and the service fuel system message).

Made the appointment 3 weeks in advance, they held my Jeep for 3 days with no one even looking at it, at the end of it I had to take it back because I can’t go too long without a vehicle.

Any recommendations for half way decent places on the front range?
The dealer that finally fixed my situation was Castle Rock Jeep. They are not nearly as busy and communicate very well. I have sent several people there. Not sure how far that is for you.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
After reading all these posts, I feel obligated to give a positive shout out to Diehl CDJR of Moon Township. When I first priced a factory order, they agreed to the best price 11% under MSRP out of 8 dealers that I spoke with. The process was fairly painless and was in & out quickly on day of signing.

Fast forward a year later. I needed inspection and my wife and I were going on vacation for our anniversary. The local shop I normally use was a couple weeks out, so I thought I'd try the dealer since I also had the 1YJ software recall to be done... figured I could have both done at the same time. I called on a Thursday and asked if there was any possibility of getting both items done on Saturday. I was expecting them to say they were booked, but they said to bring it in that morning and they would do both. I then completely forgot to renew the state registration, so I show up with an expired registration. Instead of giving me a hard time as I expected they would turn me away, the lady I checked in with invited me to use her computer to log onto PennDot's website and renew my registration right there. They got the inspection and recall software flash done quickly after that.

Fast forward a year and a month later (Dec 2022). My wife and I were heading up to northern Canada to visit friends for New Years in a couple weeks when she accidentally caught the driver's mirror backing up on a tree branch. Since these mirrors were not meant to fold forward, it ended up breaking completely off. It was an accident, so I told her not to worry and that I'd look for a replacement. Aftermarket ones were kind of expensive so I looked at OEM mirrors. I called a dealer 5 minutes away and they quoted me $230 and that it would have to be ordered. Out of curiosity, I called Diehl CDJR (only about 30 minute drive) since they had been helpful in the past and they quoted $175 + tax and could have it next day. I took that route and sure enough it was there next day for me.

*TLDR* Diehl CDJR in Moon Township has been good to me so far, so if anyone in the area is looking for a reputable dealer, check them out.

Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Clubs

The dealer that finally fixed my situation was Castle Rock Jeep. They are not nearly as busy and communicate very well. I have sent several people there. Not sure how far that is for you.
Thanks! It's not too far at all, so I can give them a call. Funny enough, the dealer I had the issue with tried to tell me that Castle Rock Jeep would do the same thing (not that I trust anything that dealer says).

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Reading these horror stories I have to give a shout out to our dealer: Santa Cruz Jeep in California. I had an issue recently where my left rear turn signal/brake light quit working. I didn't have time to work on it myself so called the dealer. Got an appointment for a week later. Showed up for the 10AM appointment and expecgted them to take at least a day so we went home (wife was following me in her Jeep). Got a call about 2PM that my truck was ready. It turned out the problem was with some wiring I had added but they covered it under warranty anyway!

We have a dealer about 5 miles from our home in San Jose, Ca but we'll be driving the 30 miles over the mountains to Santa Cruz when we need ddealer service.
Sponsored