Jeep dealers looking empty

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
I drive by two Jeep dealers (North Central Florida) everyday to work and noticed today that they are looking pretty darn empty. One had two JLUs and four JTs. Then they surrounded them up front with GC, Cherokees, and Renegades to make it look full. Looked pretty sad. The other dealer was not much different. How do they look in your area?
Sponsored

Ja87sm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 wrangler islander
Where we bought our islander now has 2 gladiators, 1 jlu, a compass and 2 grand Cherokees. Coincidentally the same cars they had over 2 weeks ago when we go ours. This is in CT.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The rural dealerships we've driven past have been very very slim. Maybe a couple of JL's, they always seemed to have JT's. A couple of them didn't seem to have anything left but used, maybe there was a pity Renegade hiding somewhere.

I'm kind of curious if some of the dealer groups are moving their rural allocations back into the city. The dealers inside Houston still seem to have decent stock although anecdotally it all seems to be the less desirable models. When I skim I see a lot of very expensive Rubi's and Saharas, then some very stripped down Sports. Probably a rough time finding something in the middle. Haven't asked about prices, but I noticed most of the websites are just advertising sticker now where before it would have a decent discount.

The dealer I get service at has been trying to sell an angry JLUR for a quite a few weeks now, thing is absolutely hideous. It was there when I got my oil changed and still on the floor when I went back to get the steering TSB done.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Koons in MD/VA are bare as well at least their online inventory.

A local rural Jeep dealer has probably 40% on the lot of what they normally do across all Jeeps not just Wranglers.

Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
At my dealer they normally have 500 cars on the lot and in storage. They now have 120 and expect to have only 50 by the end of the month. Not a market for getting good deals.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
At my dealer they normally have 500 cars on the lot and in storage. They now have 120 and expect to have only 50 by the end of the month. Not a market for getting good deals.
Yeah so goes the economy. I needed hard drives when those were short. I need an ammo last year when we were having an ammo shortage. And now I need a car when there’s a car shortage. As long as there’s not a food shortage I’m OK

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yeah so goes the economy. I needed hard drives when those were short. I need an ammo last year when we were having an ammo shortage. And now I need a car when there’s a car shortage. As long as there’s not a food shortage I’m OK
I feel this, man. Last summer my neighbor wanted to replace our fences. I didn't want to spend the money so I talked him into waiting until this year - now that lumber prices are 250%+ what they were last year.

As usual, Past Ricky is kind of an @$$hole to me. If he'd spent the money last summer we'd have saved ~$4-5K.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Just checked my dealer's website. When I got mine at the end of November, he had 50+ on the lot. Now . . . 14!! and one 4XE.

G.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure of the normal inventory but where I purchased claims to have 22 on the lot in the $50k-$61k range except for a couple. They have one two door and one 4xe on the lot else it's various versions of the four door Willy's, Sahara or Rubi.

szachaczd1

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Unlimited Sahara
I drive by two Jeep dealers (North Central Florida) everyday to work and noticed today that they are looking pretty darn empty. One had two JLUs and four JTs. Then they surrounded them up front with GC, Cherokees, and Renegades to make it look full. Looked pretty sad. The other dealer was not much different. How do they look in your area?
South New Jersey area.
When I went to put my order in a couple of weeks ago, the salesperson said they has received 20 new Wrangler's, 2 days before I was there and they only had 5 left in inventory. IDK if it's a Jersey thing but they are extremely high in demand.

knox

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK
Dealers in rural PA, close to me look pretty full. Small dealership on RT512 had a rainbow of JL's and JT's lines up.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My nearest Jeep dealership has 19 new JLs and JTs, 9 used ones, 1005 vehicles total (900 used). No shortage of available vehicles here. An even bigger dealership a little ways away has 400 new vehicles, half of them are Jeeps.
Sponsored