Jeep Dealers Are Offering Up To $9,500 Off New Wranglers

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Not surprising on the 2018s. What is surprising is the discounts some forum members are reporting on 2019s...... seems like FCA really got themselves and their dealers in a box on this.....

The 2020 model year will probably get back to normal.

My personal situation is such that I will be waiting for the 2020 model year (I.e. “late fall” for me) but, deals on 2019s have me thinking about trying to change that situation. Not interested in a 2018.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
$9,500 off a Wrangler? There's no way. That's several thousand under invoice. Dealerships would really be taking a bath on that deal....

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
$9,500 off a Wrangler? There's no way. That's several thousand under invoice. Dealerships would really be taking a bath on that deal....
It’s either that or keep it on the lot until it becomes a vintage auto in 50 years, no?

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I read an article this morning that had a link to the dealership where i bought mine. They have a couple of Saharas for what i paid for my Sport base model $33k!

The Saharas have the biggest discounts. I sent my buddy the link last night. He has a sahara TJ and wants a new one. Hes not particularly happy they dont make sahara 2 doors.
Barely any rubis left with practically no discount.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I read an article this morning that had a link to the dealership where i bought mine. They have a couple of Saharas for what i paid for my Sport base model $33k!

The Saharas have the biggest discounts. I sent my buddy the link last night. He has a sahara TJ and wants a new one. Hes not particularly happy they dont make sahara 2 doors.
Barely any rubis left with practically no discount.
Yep I would love a 2 door Sahara. I traded in my 04 Sahara TJ for my 19 JL Sport S.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I paid $6500 below msrp for my Sahara back in January 2018, $9500 is nothing for a 2 year old model year now, the 2020's are coming out.
It is everything if you are on a budget and buying for long term ownership

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Not if its manufacturer rebates. It would seem to be FCAs way of cleaning up wonky early production units.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not surprising on the 2018s. What is surprising is the discounts some forum members are reporting on 2019s...... seems like FCA really got themselves and their dealers in a box on this.....

The 2020 model year will probably get back to normal.
Unless FCA drops MSRP by a few thousand, which would be unprecedented, I would absolutely expect the huge discounts to continue onto the 2020's.

They simply overpriced JL.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Just got back from 2 weeks of hiking in Arizona. While picking up my Dodge Caravan rental at Skyharbor,(there were 5 of us with gear), I saw about 30 JL Wranglers at the Budget and Avis area. Saharas and Sports, most likely 2018s. Have never seen any there before and I've been going there each April for about 15 years.
FCA must be making some sweet deals for the rental car companies.
Don't think used wrangler values are going to continue to be high if they keep flooding the market.
My local dealer still has half the 2018 inventory that they had late last summer when I was ordering my 2019. Discounts are 15% under MSRP

tablerock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Viper,2012Ram,3Corvettes,2 Street Rods,2019 2Door Wrangler
Guess what these big discounts due to resale prices ?? I paid too much & have learned my lession !!!!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from 2 weeks of hiking in Arizona. While picking up my Dodge Caravan rental at Skyharbor,(there were 5 of us with gear), I saw about 30 JL Wranglers at the Budget and Avis area. Saharas and Sports, most likely 2018s. Have never seen any there before and I've been going there each April for about 15 years.
FCA must be making some sweet deals for the rental car companies.
Don't think used wrangler values are going to continue to be high if they keep flooding the market.
My local dealer still has half the 2018 inventory that they had late last summer when I was ordering my 2019. Discounts are 15% under MSRP
I travel a lot and have seen them at quite a few rental car lots. I use Avis all the time and I'm even seeing Sahara and Rubicons on the lots.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
if you've looked at pickup truck and SUV prices in the past few years you KNOW how steeply prices have climbed. These vehicles are in demand which is why US sales of passenger cars have fallen (and some have been/will be discontinued).

Truck and SUV price increases have far outstripped inflation. One thing that hasn't changed is the need to be careful with how much you pay for any vehicle. Discounts on almost every vehicle are out there. Shop by email and phone for the best prices and don't go to the dealership to negotiate unless you have time to waste.
Sponsored