Sponsored

Jeep Dealers Are Offering Up To $9,500 Off New Wranglers

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
if you've looked at pickup truck and SUV prices in the past few years you KNOW how steeply prices have climbed. These vehicles are in demand which is why US sales of passenger cars have fallen (and some have been/will be discontinued).

Truck and SUV price increases have far outstripped inflation. One thing that hasn't changed is the need to be careful with how much you pay for any vehicle. Discounts on almost every vehicle are out there. Shop by email and phone for the best prices and don't go to the dealership to negotiate unless you have time to waste.
AGREED!!! I have not had to negotiate with a dealer face-to-face in over 20 years. I even send their emailed quotes to each other to get the best deal. They get mad, but who cares.... :)
Sponsored

6t6stang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I just bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport s with MSRP of $42,800 and since a lot of banks won’t give you a New Car Loan on that car because it’s after March 2019, a lot of dealers know this so they have to discount their cars knowing new car loan rates are not available for their 2018 still sitting in their dealers, I walked away with my Jeep at $35,900!! Defiantly good time to buy those 2018 sitting on the lots!!

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Moper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 G63, 2019 S63
Well, $9500 off on the old gasser models gives fair game license to FCA to boost up the price of the impending new DIESEL powered Gladiators by $9500+ over MSRP. I will gladly shell out an extra $9500+ over list for my diesel powered Gladiator. Will do whatever it takes (will go as high as $20k over MSRP) to have the privilege and honor to be one of the first Gladiator oil burner proud owners! This is capitalism at its finest beautiful best. In other words, the free (and stealthy) hand of the competitive marketplace!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Unless FCA drops MSRP by a few thousand, which would be unprecedented, I would absolutely expect the huge discounts to continue onto the 2020's.

They simply overpriced JL.
I doubt they will drop MSRP. They will find a way to offer more value. They probably will introduce limited editions with more "value" to ease the pain. Maybe bundle option packages for less money. Or maybe offer rebates, special financing deals or free extended warranties.

Last edited:

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech

Sponsored

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Have driven by several dealers in my travels lately. They are "stocked to the gills" with Wranglers, and to clear those, it's going to have to be way better than 9K+ for me to take the bite on a vehicle that won't have all the things I want, and then be stuck with an auto transmission which I would never have. Now when it gets to 15-20K, then I might bite.

Do not hold your breath on that one...

Badger98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Wow. I bought last summer. I tried working with half the dealerships in the upper Midwest and had to fight tooth and nail to get 5% under invoice with the Tread Lightly discount. I only got one dealership to come close to this deal with a car on the lot (they got back to me after I placed my order). What a difference a few months makes.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Have driven by several dealers in my travels lately. They are "stocked to the gills" with Wranglers, and to clear those, it's going to have to be way better than 9K+ for me to take the bite on a vehicle that won't have all the things I want, and then be stuck with an auto transmission which I would never have. Now when it gets to 15-20K, then I might bite.
I have seen a fair number of manual sport and Sahara’s. Those and turbos seem to be the most common 2018s left.

chris87114

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I got an email from Jeep yesterday regarding $1000 off 2018 wranglers. Out of curiosity, I clicked the link which took me to one of my local dealers.

They have a 2018 Rubicon Unlimited w/ a manual transmission left that I could be interested in. It's nicely loaded, though there's a few options I would select differently, if I was to order it exactly how I'd want it. Nonetheless, they have it listed on their site for: MSRP:$51,495, minus Discount:-$5,679 + -$500 Freedom Days Bonus Cash, Internet Price:$45,816, and FINAL PRICE:$45,316.

That's ~ 12% off MSRP or about 5.5% off invoice if my rough math is right.

The dealer contacted me, but I didn't have time to try and negotiate any further today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like folks are getting 2019 models for that range right? It doesn't seem very attractive for a 2018 if they won't go lower, does it? Thanks for your input!

bond007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2017 Range Rover
I got an email from Jeep yesterday regarding $1000 off 2018 wranglers. Out of curiosity, I clicked the link which took me to one of my local dealers.

They have a 2018 Rubicon Unlimited w/ a manual transmission left that I could be interested in. It's nicely loaded, though there's a few options I would select differently, if I was to order it exactly how I'd want it. Nonetheless, they have it listed on their site for: MSRP:$51,495, minus Discount:-$5,679 + -$500 Freedom Days Bonus Cash, Internet Price:$45,816, and FINAL PRICE:$45,316.

That's ~ 12% off MSRP or about 5.5% off invoice if my rough math is right.

The dealer contacted me, but I didn't have time to try and negotiate any further today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like folks are getting 2019 models for that range right? It doesn't seem very attractive for a 2018 if they won't go lower, does it? Thanks for your input!
Chris. I am sure you can do better. I got 12% on a 2019. PM me if you need dealer and sales person details.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Well, $9500 off on the old gasser models gives fair game license to FCA to boost up the price of the impending new DIESEL powered Gladiators by $9500+ over MSRP. I will gladly shell out an extra $9500+ over list for my diesel powered Gladiator. Will do whatever it takes (will go as high as $20k over MSRP) to have the privilege and honor to be one of the first Gladiator oil burner proud owners! This is capitalism at its finest beautiful best. In other words, the free (and stealthy) hand of the competitive marketplace!

You can't be serious. You are joking right?!

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
$9,500 off a Wrangler? There's no way. That's several thousand under invoice. Dealerships would really be taking a bath on that deal....
You do understand all of the numbers are fake, right?

MSRP is a fake number. Invoice is a fake number. It's all a ploy to get people thinking they are "saving".

Just like how retail "sales" are all fake garbage to trick people.

adamk8180

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a jeep... yet!
So I'm totally new and looking to buy my first Jeep. I've been trying to follow along on the pricing, so maybe you all can help me get the best deal possible!

My local dealership (on their website) has a 2018 JL Saraha. It's MSRP at $44,600. On the site they're listing an auto $7k off for a "final" price of $37,200.

How much more should I be able to negotiate off of that? I'm not sure how to find the invoice price of the older 2018 JL's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
So I'm totally new and looking to buy my first Jeep. I've been trying to follow along on the pricing, so maybe you all can help me get the best deal possible!

My local dealership (on their website) has a 2018 JL Saraha. It's MSRP at $44,600. On the site they're listing an auto $7k off for a "final" price of $37,200.

How much more should I be able to negotiate off of that? I'm not sure how to find the invoice price of the older 2018 JL's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Check the invoice price here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...guide-4-door-jlu-u-s-order-bank-is-open.1467/
Sponsored