Sponsored

Jeep dealer will not put clutch or transmission under warranty (<50k miles)

Mfdaly1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Hella
Vehicle Showcase
Similar here. -two recalls for clutch over first two years. Started slipping at 25,000. Dealer said "no prob" - a lie. Finally went and Jeep wouldn't cover. $3300 out of pocket. I am so livid and over JEEP. MY LAST JEEP (this is #5). Will sell for a Bronco soon...
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I keep waiting to see how all this plays out, while hoping I'm still under my 60k powertrain warranty when/if it does. I have a 120k mile extended bumper to bumper warranty though my lienholder/bank and they paid out for over $12k in repairs on my last vehicle. The auto trans failed at 90k, then the fuel pump at 95k, then the power steering pump a few thousand miles later.

Hopefully they take care of me with the Jeep as well but I'm not holding my breath they will agree to replacement of a wear item like a clutch. I've owned a handful of other manual trans vehicles. They all made it to 100k on the original clutch and trans.

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I keep waiting to see how all this plays out, while hoping I'm still under my 60k powertrain warranty when/if it does. I have a 120k mile extended bumper to bumper warranty though my lienholder/bank and they paid out for over $12k in repairs on my last vehicle. The auto trans failed at 90k, then the fuel pump at 95k, then the power steering pump a few thousand miles later.

Hopefully they take care of me with the Jeep as well but I'm not holding my breath they will agree to replacement of a wear item like a clutch. I've owned a handful of other manual trans vehicles. They all made it to 100k on the original clutch and trans.
The warranty will do you zero good on clutch failure. It is considered a wear item, like brake pads. Doesn't matter how many miles, 5,000 or 75,000. If the clutch blows, they won't warranty it. Even if it blows and in the process destroys other things, they won't warranty it. even though we know it is a design flaw. This has been the experience reported repeatedly on the forum.
Sponsored