Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
JD Power published its annual Customer Service Study, which ranks brands by their dealer experience.

Unsurprisingly, Jeep ranks 3rd from the bottom. CDJR, as a group, take the entire bottom quadrant, with Hyundai sprinkled in there, fighting in a race to the bottom.

This is the first time in 28 years JD Power registers a drop in the service scores.

Here are the article and the rankings: https://autos.yahoo.com/2023-j-d-power-u-173100041.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep dealer experience 3rd from bottom in 2023 B4B86271-3968-4DB0-B73C-A76B57748E33

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep dealer experience 3rd from bottom in 2023 B243CE88-68CC-41B6-A2C5-5DCAD6DE1057
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Replacing the service and parts counter folks with a robot would go a long way to improving the experience. At least then you might actually talk to someone about what you're there for within the hour of arriving.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Replacing the service and parts counter folks with a robot would go a long way to improving the experience. At least then you might actually talk to someone about what you're there for within the hour of arriving.
But then you’d miss out on the surly attitude, condescending look of disdain, and general apathy toward helping you get the part you need!

Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Aren't JD power rankings all paid for by the manufacturers?

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Aren't JD power rankings all paid for by the manufacturers?
I think its the manufacturer can pay for the ability to use the results. Which isnt really any better cause it still adds unreliability to the whole thing.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I think its the manufacturer can pay for the ability to use the results. Which isnt really any better cause it still adds unreliability to the whole thing.
GM sure must pay a lot then, because that seems to be the only point of their ads is to talk about JD power awards.

1007_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Some ways around this if you're looking to buy a used Jeep.

I bought my used Jeep Wrangler (2020) from a Toyota dealer. Bought their warranty (I know, but luckily got a deal on it). Believe it or not, it's a Toyota warranty that covers the vehicle as new. Now, if I need any service I can bring it to any Jeep dealer or Toyota dealer as both are required and can cover the vehicle. Was pretty amazed that Toyota would do this. Cool thing is if I'm traveling and I have an issue I can bring it to Toyota for service. Their dealerships are far from perfect, but at least it isn't a Jeep dealership.

Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I had some girl at Mike Shaw Jeep in Greeley CO tell me, "when you get a Survey I need you to give us a 10 for all fields." I asked, why. She said, "I'm new here with a new manager and we have 3 months to turn this dealership around with our scores."

I gave them 3s, they sucked.

At this point, you're going to have to go WAY above and beyond to get a 10 from me for a stealership visit.

I have a 7 year 100k Mopar warranty I got for free and the first stealership to do a warranty claim after I have a 2.5" lift and 37s and re-gear will get at least 7s.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly. Manufacturers can buy the right to advertise when they win the award. Which is what GM has been doing because have been winning the awards.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
No. They wish.
Seems suspect though haha. I don't know anyone in our region happy with any GM brand customer service. Hell, one of my closest friends is pretty high up in GM design and he has to drive down into Ohio to get a new vehicle without the terrible service from the Michigan dealers, and it's still not great, but they'll sell him a vehicle.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had some girl at Mike Shaw Jeep in Greeley CO tell me, "when you get a Survey I need you to give us a 10 for all fields." I asked, why. She said, "I'm new here with a new manager and we have 3 months to turn this dealership around with our scores."

I gave them 3s, they sucked.

At this point, you're going to have to go WAY above and beyond to get a 10 from me for a stealership visit.

I have a 7 year 100k Mopar warranty I got for free and the first stealership to do a warranty claim after I have a 2.5" lift and 37s and re-gear will get at least 7s.
That sounds more like the internal survey the automakers do.

The JD Power survey is paid for and conducted by JD Power. Dealers have no idea when, where or who gets it, and have no influence over it.
Sponsored