Sponsored

Jeep Dealer charging 2K to install Mopar 2 Inch Lift Kit!!!!

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
just finished installation myself and got 35 today. Not that hard. Based on measurements before and after before new tires it showed that I gained 3”. No idea how. Need to measure it with new tires now

79DE1CCD-90DB-4E06-91F5-8B6BCE5D9657.jpeg

FA786C76-C94F-4320-A037-5035887E2731.jpeg

1A5D32D3-289D-4624-9B62-A31233F5BBF7.jpeg
Probably 4 to 5 inches with the 35s now. You went with the Mopar Lift? If that’s true then my 37s with the Mopar Lift will probably gain me 5 to 6 inches if not more.
Sponsored

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Yes. Mopar lift

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
$2000 sounds like "go away" pricing. They really do not want to be bothered with it as they have other paid work they can knock out quicker for below book time and quote astronomical pricing is to make you go away and if you happen to bite, then it is worth their time to do it at quote.

I know a few shops that do the same thing. They do not like doing mod stuff even if it is a OEM kit

jdusza1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Vehicle Showcase
My local Jeep dealer is charging me close to 2k just to install this lift kit. That just sounds absurd. Anyone have a reputable shop in the tristate area that can install the lift kit for a reasonable price?
R and R Auto in Baltimore area. Ask for the owner Rick. Very experienced, highly rated and will be less than dealer.443-891-3165

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
$2000 sounds like "go away" pricing. They really do not want to be bothered with it as they have other paid work they can knock out quicker for below book time and quote astronomical pricing is to make you go away and if you happen to bite, then it is worth their time to do it at quote.

I know a few shops that do the same thing. They do not like doing mod stuff even if it is a OEM kit
R and R Auto in Baltimore area. Ask for the owner Rick. Very experienced, highly rated and will be less than dealer.443-891-3165
Thanks guys..quick update. I spoke to my salesman and he made a call to the service manager and got the quote dropped to 700. I probably will still just install it myself with a buddy and save the cash. I would never trust them working on my rig especially after calling on their B.S and them forcing to give me a reasonable quote afterwards.

Sponsored

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Just did the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift on mine. Wasn't bad at all. $1300 for lift.

IMG_20200321_155348.jpg

IMG_20200321_155328.jpg

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I paid $1500 less 20% coupon plus $200 install and $89 alignment and tax at Al Serra in Michigan.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
My local Jeep dealer is charging me close to 2k just to install this lift kit. That just sounds absurd. Anyone have a reputable shop in the tristate area that can install the lift kit for a reasonable price?
I looked into doing it at my dealer for the warranty benefits, but they wanted $1,600 for labor (i.e. excluding the cost of the kit.) So I did it myself in the driveway. Not that bad of a job at all if you have the right tools.

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I looked into doing it at my dealer for the warranty benefits, but they wanted $1,600 for labor (i.e. excluding the cost of the kit.) So I did it myself in the driveway. Not that bad of a job at all if you have the right tools.
it’s ridiculous how they are charging double the rate for a job that’s no more then 4 hours

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
just finished installation myself and got 35 today...
Nice job! :like: How does the Jeep suspension feel/drive and did you feel the need to install any additional parts outside of the mopar kit?

Lots of various opinions on this forum with people mixing and matching the following parts:

Spring perches
Front Adjustable trackbar
Rear Adjustable trackbar
Synergy steering stabilizer
Geometry correction brackets
Replacement LCA

Sponsored

Lensync58

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Unlimited Sport
Exactly. I think it was just absurd. I called to get an explanation and they said it was was a 12 hour job after verifying with a few dealers down south and Maryland. Complete BS
Yeh and if took them 12 hours to complete.... YOU DON'T WANT THEM TOUCHING YOUR JEEP!

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Nice job! :like: How does the Jeep suspension feel/drive and did you feel the need to install any additional parts outside of the mopar kit?

Lots of various opinions on this forum with people mixing and matching the following parts:

Spring perches
Front Adjustable trackbar
Rear Adjustable trackbar
Synergy steering stabilizer
Geometry correction brackets
Replacement LCA
I am on the record in stating in previous posts that I really don't like how the MOPAR kit makes my JLUR handle. Some of it is the nature of the beast, but it is definitely a backwards step in vehicle dynamics. Ride is harsher because the lower control arms are at a steeper angle relative to bumps, springs are firmer, center of gravity is higher, shocks are very firm, it doesn't have quite enough caster despite the longer LCAs, and the body feel as you turn in has some definitely odd motions compared to stock. I tried relocation brackets on the trackbars, but because the lift is sort of an in-between height (not low, but not super high either) they made things worse and I took them off and sold them (they are more appropriately applied to higher lifts.) I do run a Falcon steering stabilizer (generally set to medium) and I do have a SteerSmarts adjustable trackbar. I also own, but have not yet installed some RockKrawler adjustable LCAs so that I can get some more caster in. That is a project for this spring. I may also do the RK spring perches because I definitely have some spring bow, but we'll see if I have the energy for that. Height of the lift in terms of break-over angle, combined with the move to 35s for axle clearance has definitely made a big difference on the trails, but it has certainly taken some of the joy out of the Jeep Monday to Friday....

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I called a suspension shop here in NY and they wanted to charge me about 2grand after tax to install a Metal Cloak 3.5" Game Changer and perform an alignment. I'm assuming based on what other's have posted here that this is a normal price?

danh

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
My dealer charged $400 including alignment to install 2" Mopar lift.
Sponsored