Sponsored

Jeep Dealer charging 2K to install Mopar 2 Inch Lift Kit!!!!

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
My local Jeep dealer is charging me close to 2k just to install this lift kit. That just sounds absurd. Anyone have a reputable shop in the tristate area that can install the lift kit for a reasonable price?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My local Jeep dealer is charging me close to 2k just to install this lift kit. That just sounds absurd. Anyone have a reputable shop in the tristate area that can install the lift kit for a reasonable price?
1300-1400 for the parts, plus labor and mark ups... 2 grand seems like a reasonable price. Do you already have the lift and that's what they want purely for the labor?

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
1300-1400 for the parts, plus labor and mark ups... 2 grand seems like a reasonable price. Do you already have the lift and that's what they want purely for the labor?
pure labor!! I wouldn’t even think twice if parts were included. But 2K just for labor alone is a straight rip off

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
pure labor!! I wouldn’t even think twice if parts were included. But 2K just for labor alone is a straight rip off
agreed. I wouldn't even give them the time of day after that quote. :asshat:

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
The lifts are really not that difficult to install or possibly someone on this forum that lives near you may help, pretty good community. Also maybe look at other lift options, depending what you goals are. Realistically a competent mechanic should be able to install in 3 to 4 hrs and even at $100 hr, $400 maybe $500. I sure wouldn't pay $2k and would probably not do business at that dealership again.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
If you lived closer to Nashville TN I’d help you install it, because that’s part of the fun.

Laugh and move on from that dealer. Complete nonsense to charge that much for labor. I believe Mopar quotes it as a 3hr job.

you should just do it yourself and save yourself the money. That money could be spent elsewhere.
There are step by step instructions.
Plus many people on here willing to get you through it, including myself. Also videos on YouTube. Its a very simple install.
Just make sure you have the tools to do so first.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I believe Mopar quotes it as a 3hr job.
I wish I could get away with charging $670 per man hour of labor. The bossman would fire me for that. lol

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Yeah I knew I wasn’t alone. Thanks guys.

If anyone is near the truck state area or Maryland area and wants to help me install a lift kit With the new Ecodiesel let me know.

I’ll be sure to call the service manager and explain to them how absurd their price is for this install.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I knew I wasn’t alone. Thanks guys.

If anyone is near the truck state area or Maryland area and wants to help me install a lift kit With the new Ecodiesel let me know.

I’ll be sure to call the service manager and explain to them how absurd their price is for this install.
Glad to hear you will do the install yourself. Read through the instructions a few times and watch some YouTube videos of the install of the Mopar lift. Be sure to post up here in the lift section of the forum if you have any questions prior to or during install.

Last edited:

Sponsored

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Yeah I have to imagine they are just mistaken and quoting you for the whole thing. But, if they're wrong about something as simple as that, I immediately lose all faith in them to do anything more complex!

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Yeah I have to imagine they are just mistaken and quoting you for the whole thing. But, if they're wrong about something as simple as that, I immediately lose all faith in them to do anything more complex!
Exactly. I think it was just absurd. I called to get an explanation and they said it was was a 12 hour job after verifying with a few dealers down south and Maryland. Complete BS

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Spoke to another reputable dealer around town I've done some business with in the past. Service manager offered to install the lift for 700. I think I can bring them down closer to 500 - 600 but way way WAY better then the 2K quote. I'll make sure to send the copy of the invoice over to them when it's all said and done. Lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Spoke to another reputable dealer around town I've done some business with in the past. Service manager offered to install the lift for 700. I think I can bring them down closer to 500 - 600 but way way WAY better then the 2K quote. I'll make sure to send the copy of the invoice over to them when it's all said and done. Lol
I think $600 is pretty standard for a dealer install on this.

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Yeah I'll work it out with them. The lift kit is about 1k online and that plus the synergy shaft brace and rbp power running boards to install I can probably get them to do the entire install for 1k. Crossing fingers
Sponsored