Jeep Credit Card / Down-Payment - Not a bad deal

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
If anyone hadn’t heard of this, not a terrible deal for new orders to use for a down payment instead of cash.

The $1k bonus certificate is limited and does not include Wranglers, but the 5% cash back plus 6 months with 0% APR make it a great option for a down payment, keeping your cash in savings earning interest for another 6 months.

0D400185-9901-4425-B023-538930A2E4E2.png
CB5D2971-3D85-4F26-AEDD-7C077F77747C.png
Sponsored

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
do you know what the max you can put on it at the dealer is? some dealer's only allow like $3500 max on a card. I wonder if it's different if it's a jeep card?

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you know what the max you can put on it at the dealer is? some dealer's only allow like $3500 max on a card. I wonder if it's different if it's a jeep card?
That is my remaining question as well. I was able to put $5k on my credit card when we bought our Pacifica a year ago.

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
I was offered it at my delaer (I take it it is the same card?). Yes 5% of whatever is paid at the dealership. I called them today to make sure (the card has not come but the account was opened and charged to the max amount which was 15K) I am getting what the dealer said, they confirmed, saying that yes, I will be getting $750 plus the open up bonus of $100. Not bad, though I will withhold the final judgement 'till the card comes and I get the money on my account.

They said I will need to call them when the bill comes and ask them to apply the points towards the bill, and then pay the balance (or if I choose the minimum payment which I never do, I always pay in full).
Plus the 2% from my Citi Double Cash card (the total amount less that other card was put on it) that has no reward cap, I stand to get about $1,800 back which, considering I paid the sticker price since I ordered my JLRU, ain't bad at all.

I will update in about a month when they said I will get my statement in the mail.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I was offered it at my delaer (I take it it is the same card?). Yes 5% of whatever is paid at the dealership. I called them today to make sure (the card has not come but the account was opened and charged to the max amount which was 15K) I am getting what the dealer said, they confirmed, saying that yes, I will be getting $750 plus the open up bonus of $100. Not bad, though I will withhold the final judgement 'till the card comes and I get the money on my account.

They said I will need to call them when the bill comes and ask them to apply the points towards the bill, and then pay the balance (or if I choose the minimum payment which I never do, I always pay in full).
Plus the 2% from my Citi Double Cash card (the total amount less that other card was put on it) that has no reward cap, I stand to get about $1,800 back which, considering I paid the sticker price since I ordered my JLRU, ain't bad at all.

I will update in about a month when they said I will get my statement in the mail.
This works as advertised. The points are worth double if you spend them at the dealer, so if you are thinking of having any dealer upgrades done, save the points for that. I used points for an additional key, so I got it for half price. A local dealer will also order parts from Quadratec for you, so theoretically half price on those too, but I haven't tried that yet.

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
so y

so you put 15K of your actual jeep purchased the car? am i reading this wrong?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Wait: you paid sticker but now you're worried about getting $1800 back? Most of us ordered our rigs, and very, very many (from NY, NJ, CT, MD) paid between 5 and 8% below invoice, saving $4-6,000 off sticker.
Why did you think ordering would cost more than buying off the lot? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Wait: you paid sticker but now you're worried about getting $1800 back? Most of us ordered our rigs, and very, very many (from NY, NJ, CT, MD) paid between 5 and 8% below invoice, saving $4-6,000 off sticker.
Why did you think ordering would cost more than buying off the lot? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
I concur.

My MSRP was $53,368

I paid $46,658 something like that.

After NYS tax, OTD price was $50,100 or something.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
If anyone hadn’t heard of this, not a terrible deal for new orders to use for a down payment instead of cash.

The $1k bonus certificate is limited and does not include Wranglers, but the 5% cash back plus 6 months with 0% APR make it a great option for a down payment, keeping your cash in savings earning interest for another 6 months.
Where did you read/hear that the $1k certificate does not include wranglers?

Sponsored

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
upload_2019-11-6_7-27-54.png

That’s not the full list.
Missed that fine print, thanks!

I have mentioned the card for the down-payment to each dealership I am talking to, but have not asked about the 2020 Wrangler eligibility.

Let me know if you find it to be eligible but I am still skeptical. It seems rare to find any rebates or discounting on the Wranglers.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Missed that fine print, thanks!

I have mentioned the card for the down-payment to each dealership I am talking to, but have not asked about the 2020 Wrangler eligibility.

Let me know if you find it to be eligible but I am still skeptical. It seems rare to find any rebates or discounting on the Wranglers.
Yea my dealer let me put $11,000 on the Jeep card for a down payment so we’ll see if the certificate is honored. Only upside to a 3 month wait from order to delivery of the 3.0 is the certificate will be in hand and points issued long before the delivery lol.

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea my dealer let me put $11,000 on the Jeep card for a down payment so we’ll see if the certificate is honored. Only upside to a 3 month wait from order to delivery of the 3.0 is the certificate will be in hand and points issued long before the delivery lol.
Nice. The most any dealer has quoted me thus far to allow is $3k to be put on the card for a down-payment.

Again, I was able to get the finance manager to do $5k on a credit card for my wife's van last year. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Last edited: